“A bit more attention to detail needed” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #21 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
North Carolina
“A bit more attention to detail needed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was a business stay in Pensacola. The hotel was very easy to find and quite convenient for our business meetings. The room was clean and comfortable with two exceptions. First, we had a lovely balcony but no furniture to sit upon. Secondly, the bathroom provided two types of hair conditioner but no shampoo. It is the little things that make future visits iffy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Courtyard Pensacola when we took my daughter for a University of West Florida (UWF) campus tour and it was great! Very centrally located and the room was clean and cozy. The front desk staff was very helpful and cordial. My daughter decided to attend Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU) in Fort Myers instead, but if she would have chose UWF we would have gladly stayed there when we would visit her. HIghly recommend!

Room Tip: Our room was on the second or third floor and overlooked the pool area. We had no issues.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel after staying at a resort hotel in another city and I must say the attention, friendliness, and service at this hotel surpassed everything I experienced at the resort. The friendliness and attention received from the housekeeping staff is among the best I've seen in my traveling experience. The management is also very accommodating and eager to please the guests at this hotel. Very modern & clean place to stay. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

DOS 3/2013- My family and I ONLY chose this hotel for the inside heated pool. I know my expectations so I called several days in advance to assure the amenities were working properly. I was told by the clerk "As far as I know to everything's working". So we traveled from Jacksonville to Pensacola ready for family fun. I got my first hint there was something wrong when we entered the lobby. There was a family dripping wet requesting a refund. Never the less, we checked in, left for a couple of hours, then came back to the hotel ready to enjoy the pool. The pool was Ice Cold. Everyone's teeth were chattering. I made a complaint at the front desk and I got the sarcastic reply "Yea, I know. Aww I'm so sorry" however with the look of "No, I'm really not". She proceeded to say the temp was set at its max and it was registering correctly. I had her go get the maintenance guy to prove it considering all the guest were shivering and complaining. Surely enough his gauge registered 80 but it was NOT! I know what 80 degrees feels like and that's not it. He tried to convince me with some cockamamie story about it being cool outside and yadayadayada... To top it all off, the Spa was completely broken reportedly over a week. I wanted to try a new location considering we chose to pay $150 to stay there for the pool, and of course we we're denied because we were checked in longer than 2 hours although we weren't there on site. They offered absolutely nothing to accommodate their disgruntled customers but sarcasm so we we're not happy. We will never return to this location. 1) Apathetic staff 2) Cold "heated" pool 3) Small rooms for the price 4) Noisy hallway 5)TV volume malfunction 6) restaurant hours very inconvenient 6) Broken Spa Tub---- 2 thumbs down for a Marriott chain.

Room Tip: Don't go for the inside heated pool or spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Stayed June 14-18 nice property, safe. At check in rooms were not ready at 3 said it would be half hour then not ready at 330. Got into room at 5. Hot tub broken. Pool heater broken. Room was nice. Bed comfort was exceptional which accounts for the ok rating. Room was ok we weren't there a lot. Room 126 king size unit. If you like to sleep in do not book this room. Right next to the Starbucks in the lobby they start the dishwasher at 700 and clang around. We get up early so it wasn't a problem. No breakfast with your room very pricey quick meals at the starbucks type "bistro". They charge a 60 dollar incidental fee at check in to cover meals there which I didn't like as it isn't returned immediately at check out. Overall safe convenient property service leaves a lot to be desired.

Room Tip: Avoid room 126 noisy early in the am.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Colton, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed April 14-17th, 2013. Good location, good service and nice courtyard. Lot's of sirens seem to keep the area noisy, although understand it's on a major thouroughfare. Staff was great, breakfast was....interesting and pricey. I ended up in Penscaola Beach for remainder of stay, absolutely reccomend adding 15 minutes to commute to stay near beach (and toll) if possible for nearly same price!

Room Tip: North side rooms face Pensacola, south side view is partial Pensacola bay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The front desk staff was friendly, I wasn't there at check in or check out but every time I saw staff in the hallway, they smiled and spoke. The gym was small but quite adequate, if not free passes to a local gym were available. The breakfast was NOT continental like other Marriott's. (the 2 people ahead of us in line paid $15 dollars so the 3 of us went to McDonald's and paid $16). The bed was SUPER comfortable and soft! The pillows were quite sad and flat, two pillows stacked on top of each other were still uncomfortable. The towels in the bathroom were SO soft and luxurious! There were balconies on the first floor (not sure about the other floors). There was a mall across the street from the hotel. There is construction on going on a new hotel very close by so it may be noisy- thankfully we were there on a holiday weekend. There is a drive to get to the beach, but its not too far. I would definitely stay here again. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: First floor was noisy from people upstairs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola? Share your experiences!