“Quick Overnight Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Robertsdale, Alabama
“Quick Overnight Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a quick overnight trip to P'cola and stayed at the Courtyard on Creighton. We stayed here several years ago and since then it has been remodeled.
We had a king on the first floor, the room was very spacious, large flat screen TV to watch from the bed. Clean bathroom. The evening staff were very helpful and polite. Thank you Kevin!
It was a little noisey and next time I would stay on an upper floor.
Overall the stay was great!!

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor for less traffic noise. And on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

109 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Viera, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I agree with the prior reviewers; very clean and polished facility. Staff was courteous. They best part is that there isn't much to criticize. "Fitness" room was a disappointment however, 1 each of treadmill, elliptical and recumbent bike. No weights. Agree Bistro concept is great!-- Please Marriott, put this everywhere.

Room Tip: Pool and fitness room on 1st floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cape coral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have to share only because I was very impressed with this Courtyard. Most Courtyards are clean but very average at best. This courtyard was exceptional. Clean, up to date, friendly.. did I say clean. The beds were comfortable, and the Bistro concept is AWESOME... I have spent many many travel sport club trips in many Marriott properties; this was by far one of the best. Thank you!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed at this Courtyard for a recent two-week business trip. The front desk staff was very nice and welcoming, always with a greeting as we left in the morning and when we returned at night. One day, during a massive downpour, they lent me an umbrella so I could walk to the car without getting soaked. On my last night, I asked about a taxi to the airport the following morning, and it was there waiting for me at the requested time.

My room on the third floor had a microwave and mini-refrigerator, but where these were located made it difficult to sit at the desk to work and watch TV at the same time, so I ended up working on my laptop from the couch, if I wanted to watch TV. The other thing about the room was that the toiletries provided were only bars of soap, shampoo, and conditioner. No lotion. This was the first Courtyard I had ever stayed in where lotion was not provided. I was able to get lotion from the front desk staff, but only one was provided per request. So, bring your own lotion. On my first day there, I made the mistake of leaving my Invisalign trays soaking in a glass by the sink. When I returned to my room later that night, I made the unfortunate discovery that housekeeping had thrown out my trays. I informed the manager about this and as there was nothing to be done to compensate for the loss (trays are custom-made for the patient), he said I could get a free dinner at the Bistro. I only dined at the Bistro once during my two-week stay there and that dinner was not comped, per the manager’s previous promise.

I had no problems with internet connectivity in my room or the lobby. The exercise room was quite small, but there was a note that guests could get a temporary pass at a nearby gym from the Courtyard.

Overall, my stay at this Courtyard was satisfactory. The only two things I would have liked to have been different were that lotion was provided and that I would have gotten Marriott points instead for the accidental disposal of my Invisalign trays.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Rutherford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I always try and stay at a courtyard by Marriott. The one in Pensacola was the best I ever stayed at. The hotel was beautiful and very clean. The staff was incredibly helpful & friendly. I also enjoyed the cafe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The lobby and rooms are so modern and enjoyable. This hotel has gotten a renovation to be modern and newer like the other Courtyards I've been to. So glad I chose this hotel - great location (close to everything), nice staff, clean and welcoming rooms, and I felt safe (so important for a solo female traveler!)
I didn't experience the troubles another another reviewer had with the Wifi or bed selection, but that's also not something that would put me out on a location. I'm thinking issues with a smoke detector aren't within the choice of the hotel but of the Fire Marshall for that city. That's just my guess though.
I'd definitely recommend eating at the cafe - usually I get my meals "to-go" before I stay anywhere and just take my takeout to my room to eat and veg out. I was planning to do that at this hotel too but I ended up staying and eating downstairs. The environment felt so inviting and the staff and other guests were really fun to be around. It was a nice change of pace from when I normally travel and do everything by myself.

I will DEFINITELY stay at this hotel again in Pensacola.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the weekend of Feb 2, 2013. The front desk staff were very courteous, and the rooms were nice. We had a nice view from the room of the bay, and the location was very convenient to the airport and restaurants. Our only complaint pertains to the young lady who obviously hates her job as a bartender. On our night of arrival we went to the lobby bar, and the bartender (who was seen sitting down behind the bar texting on her cell phone) was obviously annoyed to have a customer. I would have no problems stating here again, but will avoid their bar area.

Room Tip: Get an upper floor room overlooking the bay.
Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola? Share your experiences!