This was the second time I stayed at this particular Courtyard, and while my first visit was better, this one would likely prevent me from returning. First, I'd like to say that the staff at this hotel is wonderful. They are friendly, welcoming, and are eager to assist.
Here were some of my issues:
1. The wifi was spotty and wouldn't connect at all on the third night. I was in town on business and needed the wifi to work. They know that there are areas of the building where wifi works better than others because they mentioned this to my colleague. I ended up having to use my cellular hotspot. I'd rather pay for wifi in the hotel and have it work than have the frustration of non-working wifi.
2. During this trip, they only had a two queen bed room available. In this setup, the bed faces the wall where there is a smoke detector that has green flashing lights that blink all day and night. This may not bother everyone, but I had to go to great lengths to solve this problem. The front-desk clerk indicated that it was a common complaint too. The lights blink through bandaids and I finally had to drape 3 hand towels over top of it until I couldn't see them any more. I didn't have this experience in the King room because the bed faces the window instead of the wall.
3. There was no television channel guide. This seems small but can be incredibly frustrating when you are staying somewhere unfamillair for three nights. Of course, you can ultimately get one, but isn't it easier on the guest to have one already in the room?
4. When I returned to my room one evening, my window was open. It was incredibly foggy outside and the room was moist. It was a small mistake by housekeeping, but added to an already less than stellar experience.
Of course there are always warm cookies and coffee available and this hotel was clean and nice. I would still return but would want some of these issues resolved (especially the wifi)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Marriott hotel in Pensacola, FL is just off I-10, near Pensacola NAS and the University of West Florida (UWF). We’re minutes from the waterfront dining, emerald waters, and pristine sands of Pensacola Beach, as well as attractions like downtown Pensacola and the Lighthouse. Our Pensacola hotel features stylish, modern decor as well as free Wi-Fi, 32" flat-screen TVs, mini-refrigerators, and microwaves in every room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Pensacola Hotel Pensacola
- Courtyard Pensacola
- Pensacola Courtyard
- Pensacola Marriott