“Typical except for exercise room” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #20 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
“Typical except for exercise room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Just spent one night. Front entrace was closed due to work on the floor surface outside; I took that to be a good sign that they keep up with maintenance of the facility. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was good, typical of my experience with Courtyards. Exercise room only had two treadmills and a bike. I don't know if the treadmills were still broken as another reviewer commented since I was looking for some weights of which they had none. Location is okay. It was convenient for me on this trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Curacao
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here 1 night, to watch a minor league game. We didn't expect much, but to our surprise the hotel room was big and clean. No complains from us for the room, everything was good during our night. Will stay here again

Room Tip: The room was nice
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Seminole, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

They just remodeled the lobby but the rooms still show their age. The rooms smell a little and the beds mattresses are either old or just too soft. Fitness room is terrible. Both treadmills broken and the only machine left was a stationary bike

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is the second time I've been ripped off so I've rated this one very low. Not because it was a terrible experience but because it was another fake Courtyard and it'll be our last. We used to love staying at Marriott Courtyard hotels. They cost more than the Hampton Inns and other similar brands but you get a larger room with premium furnishings and always have a great shower along with superb service. But lately we've notice there seem to be two different kinds of Courtyards. One is as described built from the ground up to be a Courtyard and the other appears to be an older hotel that was remodeled as a Courtyard. Problem is with the remodeled version the layouts just don't work as well so you end up with the larger room but weird things like the TV sits beside the bed instead of at the end so it's hard to see from both sides of the bed or the shower just doesn't have the pressure that the others do and there appears to be a few things not quite up to snuff. So now we have to wonder is this a real Courtyard or a counterfeit Courtyard? This one is a counterfeit. It's the second time this has happened to us and we're done! Not that it was all that bad but the price was for the real Courtyard not the fake. For $150 I want the real thing or I'd rather stay in the Hampton in for under $100. So we'll stick to Holiday Inn Express, Hyatt Park Place's and the other REAL premium versions where you get what you pay for. Too bad... we really liked this place and there's no way to tell when you're making the reservation if it's a real or counterfeit.

What in the world are they thinking???? Another great brand bites the dust! I'm sure the presentations to management raved about the increased profit from the cheaper counterfeit versions... and nobody questioned if the customers would realize what's happened. This one has and won't be back.

Room Tip: Make sure to call the desk and ask if it's a real Courtyard built that way originally from the g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
gmpensacola, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am very sorry you feel that out Hotel is a counterfeit hotel. For the record our Courtyard was built back in 1997; we have always been a Courtyard from the ground up. Back in 2011 we went through a renovation to the “NEW STAY" style Courtyard. Every Courtyard is a different size so the way the layout is for each hotel can be exactly the same or it could be different. The meaning and mission behind Courtyard is the one thing that is guaranteed to never change. I wish we knew from your first stay that you were not happy; then we could have worked on making sure that the next time you came to town you received a better experience. Unfortunately the position of the TV and other items in the room are unable to change, but to better serve our guest we always try to go above and beyond when it comes to thinking outside the box and solving a guest issue. I know you stated that you will not stay with us again; but if you ever end up in the Pensacola area and you want to give us a try again please call ahead and ask for Joshua. I am the Assistant General Manager and I am here to make sure that every guest leaves happy. Again I am truly sorry for the past inconvenience’s you have come across and I respect if you choose to not stay with the Courtyard brand any longer, I hope that you find a Hotel that fits your expectations and needs.
Joshua T.
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard by Marriott-PNSCY
cypensacolafd@lbaproperties.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

What was suppose to be a fun filled girls weekend turned into a exterminating,freaked out ordeal.Not even five minutes in the room there was a HUGE flying roach,we requested another room ASAP.No trouble there,but we also had family in another room...who woke up to 2 baby roaches crawling up the wall.Overall I would say the hotel is OBVIOUSLY DIRTY,but the staff is friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
gmpensacola, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments concerning our staff service. I will pass this on to the staff. I apologize for your having a pest in your room. Although we have regular preventive service at the hotel there are the rare occurrences when they appear, especially here in Florida.
Please know this is not a typical problem at our hotel. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience.
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a very nice hotel but not the place to stay if your going to the beach as it is a bit of a drive... The hotle was nice, clean and the staff was very friendly.. They have the most comfortable beds I have ever seen in a hotel, which I thought Double Tree had that market covered with their Temperpedic matress but this hotel bolws them out of the water.. If you are goin to Pensacola this is a great place to stay and sleep....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
las vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

The people are what make this property great. The airline delayed my luggage - the people went out of their way to assist. They were helpful in every situation. The room was clean. The restaurant was great for breakfast. I would stay here every time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Pensacola? Share your experiences!