“Needs some TLC” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Fruit Heights, Utah
“Needs some TLC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed one night at the La Quinta, which is spanish for " next to Denny's" which in this case is the literal translation. They share the same parking lot. I got a very good rate on Hotwire, however, be aware that the picture of the hotel on their web page is not this property. My room was clean but just so-so. Nothing special. The hotel does not have a business center which is important to me. High speed internet is available and worked very well. Unfortunately the continental breakfast had been raided by the many guests before I arrived and it was being attended by the front desk clerk in addition to her other duties. So there wasn't much left of the generic cornflakes. So, I went to Denny's and it was very good. The front desk clerk did a great job at check-in. I later saw her running extra towels to a guestroom. The hotel is close to the airport. I would not likely stay here again. There are other choices nearby.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

Well, I should have paid for something a little nicer. It was just a place for the night before we flew out the next day. I can easily stay there, but she wasn't too happy. It smelled like chlorine...I assume because we were near the pool. However, it smelled like thats what they clean with in the rooms.

The sheets and cleanliness were fine. Service was fine...issues with maintanence (AC, outlets in room), but did not report. Towels are quite thin, but work.

• Liked — location to airport
  • Disliked — smell
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2008

lets start with check in, our room was not ready and they had the maid go in to clean the room... 5 minutes later she walked out... Now do you think she even changed the sheets? I am not sure either. the room was nasty!!! smelled and scared me. we watched people putting their kids in the pool with no swimmers on just little girl underwear... Just keep driving if you come to this hotel!!!

I spilt water on the bathroom water on the floor and i went to wipe it up and the washcloth was BLACK when i picked it up!!! EEEWWWW!!! front desk was rude, they lied, and took my free nights stay and never gave it back!!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arriving and being lied to....
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

We were driving through to Orlando and happened to stop in Pensacola. This was a VERY basic hotel with a strange odor. Probably from the dogs that we see walking around. I love dogs but my goodness. There's no way that they could get all the smell out of the rooms.

Definately a place that you don't want to walk around without your shoes. We tried to spray the room Glade but.. alas.

We won't be back.

Stayed June 2008
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

For about 10 years I have wanted to go to Pensacola, FL so this summer for my traditional birthday vacation I decided to take it there. Reguardless of the other negative comments about this location of the La Quinta Inn I feel overall that it was an enjoyable stay. Conviently located near the interstate and on Davis HWY it was fairly easy to manuver around the city and find our way back to the hotel once we got our barings. The pool was a nice touch as we went swimming every night we were there. As long as we left our do not desturb sign in our door we were never bothered by the hotel staff which is always a plus. When I accidentally locked us out of the room the front desk was more than happy to give me an extra key card to get into the room. I would deffinatly reccomend La Quinta Inn to my friends and family planning a vacation. I think if there were anything negative I could state about this hotel it would be the fact that the bathroom was not designed for tall people as it was a bit difficult for me to take showers. Overall I give this hotel an above average rating, the service was excellent, the room was spacious and our stay was over all enjoyable.

• Liked — Service was excellent.
  • Disliked — Showers were a little short person oriented.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I got it through Priceline, and I was satisfied with the price/quality ratio. It is easy to locate, quick check in, and it offers clean, basic accomodations. Complimentary breakfast (I liked the cappuccino machine), and free wifi internet.
I would go back.

• Stayed December 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

Hotel was fine although not the nicest spot in town. Close to some shopping and very convenient to highways. Seems to be pet friendly as there were a couple of cats sitting in the corridors and I saw some dogs too.

La Quinta is not my preferred chain but this seems better than others.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Close to highway
  • Disliked — Outside corridor lighting dim
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn Pensacola? Share your experiences!