“Older hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Vero Beach, Florida
“Older hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel is old and the rooms are dated. Not the cleanest La Quinta hotel I have stayed it. They are pet friendly and easy access to I-10 but I have chosen to stay at a different La Quinta on my return trip to Florida. Planning to stay at La Quinta in Daphine, Al. which is newer and has a higher rating. Very limited pet walking area. Their free breakfast was ok but did not have a full selection like some other La Quinta's. The hotel was also packed and when we arrived to eat around 0800, the food selection was limited with what they did have. On a positive note, the staff were very courteous and we were a late arrival around midnight; so, I called to let them know we would be late and they held our room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pensacola
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Booked our room with a late arrival. Told the girl at the desk we would not be arriving until after midnight. --did not book with that 800 number--talked to the front desk here. Got in at 3:30 (after driving 10 hours) to find they had sold our room and had "none" left. She had run my CC twice! Now capital one had placed a block for fraud because she ran it twice!!!! We were traveling with our dog and specifically booked here because they are pet friendly. Did I mention she told me there were no rooms left? Anyway....she put us in the skankiest (is that a word?) room, smelled like a combination of cat pee and vomit. I see why they can't rent it. Couldn't take my shoes off. Promised to move us to a different room if one becomes available. If you can stay somewhere else ....
on a good note, the front desk staff in the morning was pleasant and willing to try and find us a different room. If not, I'm going to let my dog sleep in the room and I might sleep in my car.

• Stayed July 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

On the plus side, the hotel staff (with the exception of one maintenance man) were friendly and helpful.

It's not their fault that the hotel is in such disrepair. Need to bulldoze it and build a new one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This La Quunta on Davis Hwy is so dirty! The carpet was almost black, the plumbing doesn't work! The bed sheets were stained a very substandard room. If you can avoid this place do and keep on driving!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Pensacola, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Was there the weekend of the Blue Angels show. Beds and pillows were so very comfortable! My main issue was the condition of the carpet in the room, it did not appear to be very clean. Breakfast was average but there is a 24 hour Denny's right next door. Internet access/wifi was easily accessed and quick. Staff was very gracious and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Antonio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed here on the 10th of this month . We picked La Quntia because they are a safe bet. Not this time . The stairwell smelled of urine and there were cigarette butts everywhere . There was what appeared to black mold on the ceiling . The carpet in the room needs to be cleaned had to keep shoes on until bed time .

Room Tip: This is not the value you want pay more for the peace of mind ,