“An extremely comfortable, clean and well-located property” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Miami Beach
“An extremely comfortable, clean and well-located property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My partner and I, along with our French Bulldog, stayed here for 2 nights
while visiting family in the area.
Our very large, handsomely appointed and clean accommodation
was extremely comfortable.
We enjoyed the location, which was a lovely walk to Pensacola's
Historic district, and from which we could walk to a beautiful
view overlooking Pensacola's bay toward Gulf Breeze and Santa
Rosa island, which has some od the most magnificent beaches
In the US.
Service was friendly and efficient.
We'd definitely return on any future visits to Pensacola.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My family has been booking at this Residence Inn every holiday season for the last 5 years. We regularly travel with cats and have traveled with our elderly grandmother too. The place is always spotless, we never smell any other pets (and neither do our sensitive and sometimes territorial cats - who might act up if they smelled other pets with their keener senses of smell), the staff is always very sweet and the amenities are perfect. I've used this hotel solo and worked for business too. If I had any minor complaint, it's that the wireless internet isn't strong enough to stream videos, but that's pretty hard to find and I'm nitpicking here just so you get a feel for how smooth everything else is.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed 11 nights to be near my husband who was in hospital & rehab in Pensacola. The plus list for this Residence Inn is very long. There is not one single minus, not even a tiny negative. Things that I like the most:
Clean, clean, clean! Spotless unit. Super comfortable bed.
Quiet room. The tv sits on dresser/room divider in middle of unit, not on the wall, so you don't hear loud boom-boom from adjoining tv's against your head board. I barely heard the sound of the elevator once or twice and my room was near it.
The AC/heater vents are strategically placed high on side walls so that air blows over and across not down you as you sleep. The one blowing directly into the bath/dressing area is a real bonus. Really chills you down if you are steamy from shower, or warms you if you are chilled.
Electric plugs on each side of bed on headboard. No unplugging lamps & clocks to recharge your phone & gadgets by bed.
Comfortable business desk with large business size chair. Fast wifi. Comfy couch & side chair. Jar of hard candy on coffee table is a nice touch.
Plenty of storage for clothes & kitchen items. There is even a pantry/coat closet where the ironing board & iron are located.
Kitchen well organized & stocked with dishes. Full refrigerator, microwave, DW, 2 burner stove.
Tastefully decorated unit as well as lobby & dining area.
Full hot breakfast 7 days a week (hot grits every day, yes!)
Managers evening social M-TH, filling comfort food, not just snacks.
Near I-110. You can go out the back parking lot and you're less than half mile from the I-110.
For me, the real bonus was being in a safe, quiet environment as I traveled to and from the hospital at odd hours to be with my husband. I have done a lot of business travel, and find the location and staff at this Residence Inn to be over the top in excellence. Super!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I travel regularly for work and according to my husband I can be a "hotel snob". I booked the stay not expecting anything above mediocre. I was pleasantly surprised from the friendly check in at the front desk, excellent manager's reception evening meal to extremely comfortable beds! I wish I could clone this location for every city.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very nice. They do military discounts. Close to navy base and the beaches. Clean rooms with full kitchen. Walking distance to restaurants. Second time we have stayed here and will keep coming back when in town.

• Stayed September 2013
Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed in Pensacola for our Wedding Anniversary and weren't sure where to stay so this was a last minute choice, but we could not have been more pleased! I cannot think of enough good things to stay about the hotel. Food was delicious, staff very pleasant and helpful, room very clean and housekeeping did an awesome job cleaning while we were out during the day. A feature we especially loved was the gas fireplace in the room that actually worked - great for romantic evenings! The laundry room washers and dryers was very clean. The hotel is very centrally located in the bay area. Great for taking walks along the bay or to the downtown area and sampling some of the local restaurants. Also, close enough to the bridge that takes you to the Pensacola Beach area that is is an easy drive.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side better to get to your car and the parking lot and avoid the entry / front are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well, TripAdvisor fans, here is another great place to stay. it's not too far from the Naval base, Malls, Shopping and beaches. I know it is in the downtown area, but it is also close to interstate I110. We checked on the evening of October 13, 2013 and was with great Hospitality, a warm smile, and bottled water. The place was clean inside and out. We received our room keys and off we went. Went up to our room to find it refreshing and very clean. I like the idea of having a separate shower and commode from the sink and bedroom area. The decor was nice too. The little kitchen was an added bonus with a full size fridge. The water was very hot and plenty of towels which were also fresh and clean. The bed was excellent and made for a great night sleep after a long drive in. Up early for the breakfast and to our surprise, the food was freshly cooked. Eggs, bacon, grits, oatmeal, toast, belgian waffles, teas, water, juices, fruits, yogurts and a few other assortments. The staff was very happy and pleasant to help us with anything we and the other guests needed. There are restaurants directly across the street and a water front in walking distance. A definite recommend for a stay. Business, family, or even a romantic getaway. I will definitely come back to stay at this hotel. Thank you Residence Inn Management for offering a great atmosphere to be in. Check it out. If you have any specific questions, get in touch through tripadvisor. I will tell you the truth, either good, bad, or indifferent. Give them a try.

Room Tip: Pick any room on any floor except by the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!