“Nice long-stay hotel lots of free food” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Nice long-stay hotel lots of free food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Large comfortable room very clean very good condition. Was not bothered by housekeeping when I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door most days...I don't need my bed made every day. Also the comp breakfast was even served Sat & Sun...grits every day which is great if you love grits like I do. Light dinner also M-F with a beer to drink. Worked out great for 2-week stay. Close to downtown, close to bay bridge.

Room Tip: I preferred the room I had at end of the hall...X28. Seemed roomier than other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed one night at this property during a business trip. The property is located in downtown Pensacola, very convenient to the interstate, beautiful Pensacola Beach and other attractions. Restaurants are within walking distance, but shopping requires a drive.

I reserved a king room and was not disappointed. Check-in was friendly and fast. My room was very clean and comfortable. I appreciated the Platinum arrival gift, along with the Platinum reward. Thank you.

The staff stood out as VERY friendly and helpful This is nice after a long day on the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel met my expectations and is what I expect for a Residence Inn. Our 1BR suite was booked as a last minute reward stay. While the location is certainly not the most convenient to area beaches, it suited our needs. Our room was very clean, the room quiet, the bed was comfortable, and a full kitchen is always appreciated. The hotel was convenient to several restaurants, located just a block from the bay, and offered a daily breakfast buffet. A couple of minor shortcomings: housekeeping staff members were the friendliest and most welcoming employees on the property (in contrast to those at the front desk), and the breakfast buffet could benefit from additional assistance (e.g., items frequently in need of replenishing, tables never wiped clean between parties, had to always ask for items such as waffle batter). Overall, I would return again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The downtown location was perfect for us, and we enjoyed a very nice room with kitchen, seating area, king bed, and bath. Breakfast was very nice as well. We plan to return to Pensacola and will definitely stay at this property again.

BTW, the bed was terrific. Extremely comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great hotel and beautiful rooms. Unfortunately, we had to check out in the middle of the night after only being there a few hours. The staff were very understanding and assisted us above and beyond our expectations. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Im a Gold Marriot member. I wasn't greeted fairly. I wasnt greeted at all. I was ignored for 5 minutes until another Marriot Team Member approached the desk (other than the one playing on her cel phone). The only thing stated to me was: ID and credit card. No personal contact whatsoever.
I asked for a feather free room as stated in my profile. This was not complied with.
I requested this again, and re-requested this an hour later, as I was ignored.
Apparantly, they were pre-occupied with something other than guest services.
I did end up getting 2 feather free pillows; that would be great if I were the only one deathly allergic to feathers . It sucks when you have to bring your own pillows on trips because the hotel is incompetent.
Did I say this was a reward stay? Grade 5 hotel my @ss!!!
I tried to contact the "Elite Service Line" multiple times. They are open 6 am to 1900.
No help whatsoever. Maybe if I call tomorrow............
To be continued> Im not utilizing a free reward room on a POS hotel. Im positive the Hilton Diamond desk would have corrected these errors.

Stayed August 2013 Value
Location
Sleep Quality
Rooms
Cleanliness

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is located a 20-min by car from Pensacola Beach and have all sort of restaurants on a walking distance. The rooms are comfy (awesome king size bed) but not very spacious for a family of four: it is just right. The buffet breakfast (US style) is above average and probably the cook in charge is very good. They also offer free simple dinner (weekdays) for free (my family did not try it), different dishes from American cuisine. The pool is small but clean. The parking lot is large and there is always a parking space for you, even when the hotel is packed.

I really picked this hotel because of the kitchen available inside the room. You got everything you need (in a very tiny space, but workable) but the conventional oven. I have never had problems with the smoking detectors as well. Tip: 30-min by car you have a fantastic fresh fish market called "Joe Patti's". Just amazing if you enjoy cooking when you are on vacation.

The biggest problem is the cleaning service. I had the impression they only work for daily tips (I always tip on the last day, just to test maid services in hotels). We needed to beg several times for proper cleaning (see one of the photos the way they left the kitchen after the "cleaning") and to take the trash out. When you cook you really need someone to help with the cleaning. And it was not much: we used extensively the dish washer to minimized the mess. But these ladies were lazy and incompetent. Not Marriott quality standard at all.

We let the front desk know TWICE about this issue (the manager was never available), but they seemed not to care. Setting aside this cleaning and the lack of active management issue, the customer service overall was pretty solid and cooperative. I made a mistake on my reservation and got one day earlier. The front desk managed to find us a room even under high season! Nice.

If you don't cook like me and use this hotel just as a good location to get close to Pensacola Beach, I believe it would be a 4 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. Our comfy rooms and fully equipped kitchens definitely make the Residence Inn stand out from other brands. I'm glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and appreciate the positive comments on some of our other amenities we provide as well. Thank you for informing us on the housekeeping issues you experienced while staying with us. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the kind of customer service we like to provide and have addressed the issues accordingly. We are continuing to do all we can to improve the Residence Inn and greatly appreciate the feed back. Feel free to contact me directly, if you would like to discuss this any further. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best Regards, Christy Dixon (General Manager)

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!