“We enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 61 hotels in Pensacola
“We enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights and it was very nice except for a couple of minor problems. Cable went out and unable to watch the games in the room (Thanksgiving Day-channel 10). Moved to the lobby to watch.

Room was too small for three adults (1 bedroom suite with uncomfortable sofa bed). Guess we will need to splurge for a bigger suite at a hefty price increase next time!

Breakfast food was the real issue: cereal was stale, bananas were overripe and milk tasted sour. Other food options was processed and flavorless. Why not offer fresh food? We ended up at Publix to purchase breakfast food to eat in the room.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. We will be back next year!

• Stayed November 2012
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad that the staff made you feel at home and I was happy that you will return next year. As you indicated, we do have a suite available, if this size/configuration will be more comfortable for you.

I am so sorry about your experience with our breakfast which typically gets very positive reviews. Please let our management staff know if you have any concerns during your stay in the future so we can ensure your stay is beyond satisfactory. We always strive to have an award winning selection of make your own waffles, scrambed eggs, bacon or sausage, hash browns, yogurt, breakfast pasteries...we obviously missed the mark with your cereal...please accept my apology. I have addressed your feedback with the kitchen and I am certain we will "get it right"! Again thanks for letting us know how we did.
Warmest regards, Paul Martin General Manager

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Atlanta Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Downtown location is great - walking distance to several restaurants, and an easy drive to the NAS or the beach. Everything was clean and well kept. Nice complimentary breakfast and friendly staff. Property was very well kept and well lit. Room comes with a separate bedroom, full kitchen, table, desk, sofa and two HD TVs. The room was a bit smaller than we expected. We were two adults and two pre-teens and frankly it was cramped. It would be a great place for a single person on an extended business trip, but no so great for a family. The bedroom held a queen sized bed, which turned out to be remarkably uncomfortable for me. It was unsupportive and too soft, leaving me with an aching back each morning - if you like very soft beds, it might be okay for you, but it was a real problem for me and even my wife complained about it, which is a big deal. We actually ended up leaving a day earlier than we had planned because we just couldn't take another night on that bed. Final nuisance: the internet connection was so slow as to be almost unusable. We could check our email, but that was about it.

This sounds like a lot of negatives, and it is. But other than the bed, everything else was acceptable, just less than expected for the premium price of a residence inn. I've also stayed at the Courtyard just across the street, and that's where I'll go next time I'm in town as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. The convenience, cleanliness, HDTV's, friendliness of staff and breakfast that you cited as positives are amenities that we work hard to "get right". As regards to the size of the room, may I suggest one of our other floor plans that might suit your needs. We have a Studio Suite, with a King Bed and Full Sleeper with an open floor plan which allows more space for four guests. Also we have Two Bedroom Suites with a King Bedroom with Bath, A Queen Bedroom with Bath and a Living Room with Full Sleeper. Both Suites have full kitchens just like the suite that you stayed in. I hope that if your plans bring you back to Pensacola, you will try one of these other options and let us change your impression of our beds. Thanks again and warmest regards, Paul Martin General Manager
richmond, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My dad and I stayed at the Residence Inn for two nights. We had never been to Pensacola but I had read that the Residence Inn was close to restaurants and the airport. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. It included complimentary breakfast which was really good (eggs, yogurt parfait, sausage, biscuits, etc). We stayed in a one bedroom with pullout couch. The linens for the pullout couch were in a zip up bag which made me feel there were just cleaned. Our room was quite nice. One night the air conditioning went out, but they had someone come up within a few minutes to fix it. The location is great! There is an Outback restaurant and brazilian restaurant right across the street and then behind that there is an Irish Pub. The downtown area is within walking distance (about 10 min) or a 6 minute drive. There was a Friday Arts Festival while we were there so we drove the few minutes and enjoy the local art/music. All in all, very impressed with the property and again, can't beat the price for the location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
resinndt, General Manager at Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hi Stacy...thanks for you kind words about our hotel, its location and wonderful breakfast. Also thumbs up to the maintenance department for fixing your air conditioning in such a timely manner. Pensacola has many wonderful arts gatherings as you experienced during your visit. November 2-4th the Greater Gulfcoast Arts Festival will be happening about a mile from our property. I hope you can make it back for this wonderful celebration of culture on the Emerald Coast....We look forward to welcoming you back....warmest regards!
Paul Martin
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a six night stay here while on business at Pensacola Naval Air Station. I was a little concerned that it might be too long of a drive, but it wasn't. Traffic was not bad at all and easily made the trip within 20 minutes.
The hotel is great! The staff is courteous and efficient. The rooms are updated and comfortable. The location is very convenient to the commercial airport, restaurants, convention center, and the beach. Breakfast was fantastic - certainly the best I've had at a Residence Inn.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is really a nice place to stay! Modern, spacious and very clean appartments. Staff very friendly and helpfull at all times. Housekeeping outstanding.Location perfect to visit Pensacola village and Pensacola Beach (located close to the bridge.) Complimentary breakfast was more than ok, and even a bigger surprise was that practically every evening they serve a free meal/snack and beverages in the breakfastarea/lobby. Everybody enjoyed that very much. If we ever visit Pensacola again, we will be staying in this hotel!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed here for three days of business. The rooms were a good size. Everything was basically new and updated. The bathroom tube area could have used more lighting. The staff was very responsive to a door-lock issue. The bed was very comfortable! And the breakfasts were good, they always had protein which is important for my pathetic attempts to be on the Caveman diet.

Very close to the Cardosa shopping mall and historic downtown. Reasonable price.

Room Tip: I was very happy on the second floor near the elevators. Though if you like to sleep in, being next...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here in July of 2012. Loved it. Staff was the friendliest I've ever seen in a hotel. All staff spoke to us, every time they saw us. I've never come across that before! Alex, at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room and the hotel were very clean, enjoyed the pool only once, it was nice (spent a lot of time at the beach). Breakfast was good, my only complaint would have been to put more choices out for breakfast. More hot choices, but everything we had was very good. This hotel is in a great location, close to good food and beaches. Also, the Hotel Manager was very nice and seemed to be very attentive to the guests.

Room Tip: Room overlooking pool, separate bedroom suite is great. Lots of room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!