“I would not recommend this place.” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 N. Palafox Street, Pensacola, FL 32501   |
Ranked #28 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Houston, Texas
“I would not recommend this place.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I checked in here after driving about 9 hours from Houston, TX. I went into my room to find the counters were dirty and the bathtub had hairs in it. Grossed out, but tired, I wiped down all the counters and pulled back the blanket on the bed to take a nap and found more hairs. I went to the office and they switched me rooms. The new room had a huge hair on the bedspread and pillow.

I went back to the office and told them I was just very uncomfortable staying here because I felt like the sheets my have not been changed. The man at the front desk was very polite, very apologetic and assured me that he would find out who cleaned those rooms and he would take care of it. He allowed me to check out with no expense and be on my way.

The rooms were a bit run down and smelly. They could definitely use some re-caulking, a good scrub down, and a new layer of paint.

While I had a bad experience here, I didn't really get the feeling that this was a bad place. Check out the more positive reviews, too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Wi_Ar

I am sorry to hear about the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay at our property. I would like to assure you that this matter has been addressed with housekeeping and they have been instructed to be extra vigilant with regards to the concerns you highlighted. We do change linens daily and all our linen is provided to us by a laundry service. I want to assure you that you will not have the same experience if you are willing to give us another try.

Kind regards

Ajit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Clitheroe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff- receptionist realy helpful - good breakfast. Within easy walking distance of historic downtown - which was great. The receptionist gave us great information about the local beaches - fantastic visit to the Fort and local beaches followed which were brilliant.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear FrankG1955

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the kind feedback. We do hope you decide to stay with us again, next time you visit Pensacola.

With regards

Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night while visiting a family member in a nearby hospital.
While I wasnt expecting five star accommodations here, I did expect the pricing to reflect that.
The room had satisfactory cleanliness, wifi worked well, breakfast was fine, staff was friendly.
For the price I paid for the room I could have had a better room in a better location, and probably
should have done so. The area this hotel is located in is somewhat "sketchy" and probably not the best choice for families.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ajit710, Owner at Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear 816Beachgirl251

Thank you for taking time to post your review. I do appreciate the feedback and would like to assure everyone reading the comments that your reference to the area being "sketchy" is very subjective. Many guests who have stayed with families have noted that the location is "convenient or nice". We do have security and the hotel is staffed 24/7. We offer reasonable accommodations at a fair price, especially when compared to all other properties in our immediate neighborhood. When visiting Baptist Hospital, we are the closest and most convenient hotel and most guests who need a location close to the hospital continuously choose our property because they appreciate quality of our product at a reasonable price point. Once again, thank you for taking time to share your comments.

Kind regards

Ajit

Been to Days Inn - Pensacola Historic Downtown? Share your experiences!