“All in all, it was a pleasant experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #11 of 61 hotels in Pensacola
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All in all, it was a pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

My reservation was for two nights (Sat & Sun) during the Labor Day’12 wknd. I checked in around 1030p and was pleasantly surprised to learn my King Room was upgraded to a King Suite. In full disclosure, I later found out that Mgmt was unable to sell the room at rate and I just so happened to be the lucky guest to benefit from it. Anyway, check-in was smooth and the front desk clerk was very helpful (I believe his name was Donald). The suite was spacious, clean and well lit. The only (major?) drawback was the constant ‘damp’ smell coming from the A/C unit. I think I stayed in the room for about an hour before requesting a down grade to my original reservation. The front desk clerk understood and was more than willing to grant my request. Unfortunately, the second room also had the damp smell, although it wasn’t as overwhelming. Figuring these weren’t isolated instances I resigned to the idea of a smell free room, turned off the A/C and called it a night. For the record the damp smell returned every time the A/C was turned on and never went away.
Aside from the above, the only other complaint I have is that the breakfast buffet was not offered on Labor Day Monday. Apparently the buffet is only offered on the weekends. Certainly this makes sense for a normal wknd but I think consideration should be given to offering the buffet on Holiday Monday’s. I’m confident guests would appreciate the extra buffet day and I know this b/c I witnessed first-hand the look of dismay when two couples learned there wasn’t one that morning.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience and if I were ever in the area again, I would certainly consider staying at this location.
-K.Brooks

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInn-Pensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear K.Brooks, We appreciate your time sharing experience at Holiday Inn Pensacola N Davis Hwy. On behalf of entire management team I am sorry for the inconvenient that caused during your stay.
Sincerely yours,

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Helena, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Our room was beautifully furnished with a very comfortable bed, and was extremely clean. The restaurant food was, at best, mediocre, but the coffee was great and the restaurant staff provided good service. The front desk staff has a lot to learn about southern hospitality. Our request for a room change was denied, although the hotel was obviously not full. It was like pulling teeth to get information about the area, and no helpful brochures were provided. If nothing else, it would have been great to be referred to Pensacola's excellent visitor center, which we found it by accident. There we were provided with local maps, information, guidance, recommendations...in short, all the things we usually expect from front desk staff at a quality hotel. We may stay there again - it WAS very clean and comfortable. But next time we'll know what to expect - and what not to expect.

Room Tip: Don't expect to be able to change your room type if you book through Priceline
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear SmithandHeart,

Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you found our room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology for any inconvenience the front desk staff may have caused during your stay. I will follow up with the front desk staff to ensure similar incidents won't happen again.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. We hope to have the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to Florida.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I almost always stay in Holiday Inns for small town travel so when I got this one on Hotwire, I thought it was fine. I even added a night. The price wasn't super cheap. Two nights for 230+. First, not in a nice area. There is a fence around the parking lot, and with good reason. It is a very shady area, and felt like my car could get broken into. The rooms were not cleaned to holiday inn standard. First impression was food on the main light switch, how would housekeeping miss this? Add hair all over the bathroom, and the same chocolate food behind the bed on the wall. I was not impressed and annoyed I even paid as much as I did for this room. Skip this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInn-Pensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I would like to get more information on your reservation, please email me at guestrelations@holidayinnpns.com.

Regarding Fencing around the hotel is an extra security for our guests, and also we have armed security whole night as well. We don’t compromise when it comes to Safety and security for our guests as well as service are out first priority.…

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

Regards,
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked a room for four nights at this hotel. I was in town visiting my parents, and needed to be nearby. The room was clean and the air conditioning was cold and felt awesome! The decor was nice - just what you'd expect in a Holiday Inn. Exercise room was adequate and the pool and hot tub was great. My husband and I especially enjoyed the reception night on a Wednesday. They served the most delicious wings and cheese/crackers, and also some type of fried veggies (okra or asparagus) with sauce. This included free wine or beer and we called it dinner - great evening there meeting some different people. The hotel is near a Waffle House and a convenience store. Really, the only downside that I can think of is that it is a bit trick exiting the hotel entrance. You have to zip out across a few lanes, then go straight under the overpass and later pull a U-turn if you need to go east on Davis, which we did. Not terrible - just inconvenient. On our first night, we could clearly hear a couple next door having sex, but as my Dad mentioned, this is what people in hotels do for goodness sake! Ha! Ha! I always travel with earplugs, so it wasn't a problem, and they were gone the next day. The front desk clerk was a lovely woman, and helped us with quickly checking in, locating our remote control for the television, and providing me with some personal items I had forgotten to pack. All in all, I'd recommend this place, and highly. I've stayed across the street at another hotel in the past and it was pretty sketchy. Go with a known name here and you will have a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment and I apologize for any inconvenience that you faced one night…

General manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Good place to stay for overnight. Great restaurant...especially with the included breakfast buffett...more than the average "includes breakfast" deal! Very clean hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your time writting about us!

General manager
Nokomis, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Best staff of any hotel I have ever been to. Helpful, courteous and cheerful. Southern hospitality at it's finest. Clean room with nice restaurant and bar. Fitness room was more than adequate and the pool/jacuzzi was clean and refreshing. Don't miss out on this gem with close proximity to the beaches!

Room Tip: all rooms quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your comment, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I travel to Pensacola regularly on business and the Holiday Inn on Davis Hwy always provides me with a place to stay that I can count on. Pensacola is lacking in quality hotels and I can count on one hand the properties that I would recommend there. The cleanest, most comfortable and up to date rooms are at the Holiday Inn properties. If you find yourself needing a hotel in Pensacola, you could do much worse. The staff is friendly and the property is well maintained.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We appreciate your loyalty and thank you so much for your support.

Been to Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy? Share your experiences!