My reservation was for two nights (Sat & Sun) during the Labor Day’12 wknd. I checked in around 1030p and was pleasantly surprised to learn my King Room was upgraded to a King Suite. In full disclosure, I later found out that Mgmt was unable to sell the room at rate and I just so happened to be the lucky guest to benefit from it. Anyway, check-in was smooth and the front desk clerk was very helpful (I believe his name was Donald). The suite was spacious, clean and well lit. The only (major?) drawback was the constant ‘damp’ smell coming from the A/C unit. I think I stayed in the room for about an hour before requesting a down grade to my original reservation. The front desk clerk understood and was more than willing to grant my request. Unfortunately, the second room also had the damp smell, although it wasn’t as overwhelming. Figuring these weren’t isolated instances I resigned to the idea of a smell free room, turned off the A/C and called it a night. For the record the damp smell returned every time the A/C was turned on and never went away.
Aside from the above, the only other complaint I have is that the breakfast buffet was not offered on Labor Day Monday. Apparently the buffet is only offered on the weekends. Certainly this makes sense for a normal wknd but I think consideration should be given to offering the buffet on Holiday Monday’s. I’m confident guests would appreciate the extra buffet day and I know this b/c I witnessed first-hand the look of dismay when two couples learned there wasn’t one that morning.
All in all, it was a pleasant experience and if I were ever in the area again, I would certainly consider staying at this location.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Pensacola-North Davis Highway Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pensacola-North Davis Highway Hotel Pensacola
- Pensacola Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Pensacola
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Holiday Inn Hotel in Pensacola, Florida Offers Convenient Location You can enjoy a relaxing stay at our new Holiday Inn Hotel Pensacola - North Davis Hwy, located at Exit #13 of I-10 with quick access to downtown Pensacola. Our hotel is near the Pensacola Regional Airport (PNS), Pensacola Beach, Pensacola NAS, and the University of West Florida. Families looking for lodging in Pensacola will appreciate our hotel's ideal location near area attractions, including Naval Aviation Museum, beautiful Pensacola Beaches,Sam's Fun City and historic downtown. The Holiday Inn is conveniently located near area shopping malls, including University and Cordova. Business travelers will enjoy the premium services provided by our hotel in Pensacola, including a 24-hour Business Center, two meeting rooms with seating for 125 guests and free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. Our Pensacola accommodations offer easy access to such area businesses as GE, International Paper, Ellyson Industrial Park and the areas major hospitals. While lodging at our Pensacola hotel, you can enjoy an outdoor, heated pool, covered hot tub spa and Fitness Center. Our restaurant, Kem's, is casual, family-priced and offers a chef-quality menu. Be sure to check the special offers for this new Holiday Inn - Pensacola, FL and start planning your trip today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.