“Very clean” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ogden, Utah
“Very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

After a terrible experience at another hotel in pensacola I was thrilled with the holiday inn. I'm very picky and I have to say I couldn't't find one thing wrong with this hotel

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Earth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room was clean, comfortable and with a good mattress.

At night the noise from the air conditioning in next rooms was very loud.

The ventilation system in bathroom makes lot of noise but is not efficient and the steam remains there.

One of the two computers at the business center was out of order. The worker at the front desk said that the hotel manager is the only person in the hotel that takes care of computers and he was supposed to arrive only several days later, therefore there is nothing he can do. That's not an answer, a guest cannot wait until somebody arrives after he leaves, a guest must use the computer while he stays at that hotel. Is the hotel manager the computers maintenance guy?

There is no free breakfast at that hotel. That detail wasn't told us upon checking in, although we asked about the breakfast hours. We discovered it only on the next morning when we wanted to take breakfast. They sell at front desk a 20$ coupon for 8$ per room, which you can use for having breakfast. The problem is that there is only one server during breakfast that not only serves the food, but also has to prepare everything except the eggs. The worker in the kitchen is the one that prepares the eggs and that's all. So to get the fruit salad took long time, and the toasts took long time, and the coffee took long time.Because of that irresponsible way of work, we spent ONE HOUR trying to have breakfast. That hotel manager saves workers salary money on his guests' time.
We didn't like that hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInn-Pensacola, General Manager at Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I would like to apologize to you about the response that you got from my front desk agent on one of the computer that was out of order. The computers was not functioning due to the fact that, one of the guests previous night inserted 4 cds together in to the CD Bay and had also cut some cables behind computer caused major damaged to the computer and it would not turn on. Front desk was told not to touch that computer until I am back in town which was on Monday because I wanted to follow proper procedure in order to get it replaced with new one.

We are full service Holiday Inn and we don’t serve complimentary breakfast.

Regarding restaurant service issue I would like to get more info on your stay. Please email me your confirmation number at info@holidayinnpns.com.

Once again I appreciate your time sharing your thoughts with trip advisor.
pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend and enjoyed it very much. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The front desk lady, Jessica, was very friendly. I recieved a coupon for a free drink at the bar when I checked in since I am a Priority Club member. Unfortunatley, I was unable to use it but appreciated the offer. The pool is a little smaller than average but I was only interested in the hot tub which was wonderful. Breakfast was not included but there is a wafflehouse nextdoor. I will definatley stay here again if needed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is newer hotel in Pensacola. The lobby is very nice. The check in process was easy. Our room had two double beds and a bathroom. The room itself was a little small. Our room faced the back of the hotel but the view was not good. The beds were very comfortable and I found it to be clean enough. It wasn't spotless. There was a stain on one of headboards but I am extremely picky when it comes to cleanliness. We ate in the restaurant one morning and the food was good and reasonably priced. Overall, a nice hotel for the area. The complaint is location. Although it is off the interstate, you can't get to it without driving down the road, and turning around and driving back. That is a pain. We are going back to Pensacola soon and I will be trying other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tarpon Springs, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here overnight while traveling on business. This is a very nice hotel. They gave me a bag with snacks and water when I checked in. They also had a Hors d'oeuvre table set up in the lobby. The room was nicely furnished and spacious. It was well maintained and very clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had a full size shower but no bathtub. I had dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and both meals were above average. Each booth in the restaurant has its own tv which was nice. The staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel is located in an area that is run down but the area seemed safe. The hotel is within a stones throw of I-10. I would definitely stay here if I am in this area again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We found a coupon at a rest stop for this hotel $109.00. That is about what a hotel room is worth at this place. Check in was efficient. The hotel lobby is clean and inviting. We got a room on the 5th floor with a corner window. The room overlooked the motel next door which wasn't nice at all.
The room was large enough. The sheets were of cheap hotel quality - rough and smelled of bleach - but at least clean. The bed was of average comfort - at least it didn't sink in the middle.
There was no bathtub - just a large standing shower which was fine because I would never take a bath in a hotel room anyway.
This place seemed more like a holiday inn express quality than a holiday inn.
Internet was free which was nice and parking was free. Very easy to get in and out if you are traveling on I-10. For a night if the price is right this place is just fine.
The A/C is a window unit that doesn't allow you to turn on the fan for a constant noise all night. Would have liked a FAN ON option for the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Valparaiso, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The mattress/ boxspring combination were the most comfortable support I've ever found while traveling. However, the comforter and the pad under the sheet have been exposed to WAY too many dirty feet without being washed. It was quite hard to find a position for my feet that would allow me to fall asleep.
Except for that big fail the room was large, clean and quiet. Worth the money? Maybe not.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Pensacola-N Davis Hwy? Share your experiences!