“Much better than expected” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Jersey
“Much better than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We sat at the pizza bar watching them make pizza it was fun. Our waiter Dan never missed a beat, his timing was perfect. I had steak cooked to perfection with just the right amount of seasoning. They were extremely busy, extremely organized and we enjoyed every minute of our time there. Yummy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairhope, Alabama
“Fabulous Flavors in every bite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I would come here just for the herbed dipping oil & bread. Love the atmosphere and the food is wonderful.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

took my sister for her 50th bday and what a reception, had champagne and great food!! and they pulled out all the stops and more when i asked them to sing to her. WOW!! great staff!! Great FOOD!!

Visited May 2012
Milton, Florida
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had great service and excellent food, as always. Husband loves the bean soup and they serve it here everyday! Nice place to go for our anniversary or any occasion

Visited August 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Not their best service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Dined at the Pensacola location this evening (17Aug '12) and am disappointed to say that the service was bad, actually terrible. We were a party of four and this was not our first time to this restaurant. Our waiter, Dustin, was just not on time with anything. After ordering an appetizer I ordered wine and he explained to me that the wine I selected was not included in the happy hour 2-for-1 price that the house wines were so I went on to look the menu over again to make a selection. The tables are small and the menus are big and after waiting for a rather long time I just placed the menu on the ground next to my chair rather than hold it and carry on with dinner conversation.
The appetizer arrives, brought by another server. He saw that we had no small plates to share the antipasti dish and he stated that our server would bring those to us. About 7 minutes later Dustin showed up and asked how our appetizer was. I'm not sure exactly what I said but I did say something to the effect that it would be better if we had plates to serve ourselves. Still no drink order taken from me. My friends drinks did arrive, Morgan and coke in a large glass rather than two single glasses (happy hour). He said "I'll be right back". After a several minutes he showed up with our plates and then finally took my drink order.
We now get our salads from a different server and I'm still without my wine. We see Dustin and ask for more bread while eating our salad. He says "I'll be right back". Our entree's arrive, again being delivered by another server and Dustin shows up with my wine and our bread.
During our meal a young lady came to our table and identified herself as one of the restaurant managers, I apologize for not remembering her name. She asked how things were and we told her; service was slow...bad even. I mentioned to her that we'd been here before and not to say that it was atrocious service, but this was the worst we've ever experienced here. I also mentioned that my food was warm at best. She apologized and thanked us for our feedback and said this is some of what she needs to hear.
We were checked on by Dustin during our meal but in a very hurried manner. We did ask for more bread and we received the cursory "I'll be right back". And yes, it was several minutes later. And unless the small carafe he brought my wine in had two servings of wine in it, I didn't receive my second glass of wine. At this point I was already done with my dinner and I didn't want to stick around any longer than necessary.
We asked Dustin for our check and again received the cursory "I'll be right back". Without having yet discussed our dinner we all kind of laughed out loud to ourselves when Dustin said this because in that short time there we knew this didn't have the intended meaning.
On our way home we discussed the poor outing we had. My friends wife pointed out what I was feeling and that was that the meal and evening went bad from right after the deilivery of the appetizer and no plates. After that the tardiness of everything else was more pronounced. We then discussed our entrees. My friend had the manicotti and it was delivered hot. I had the Pollo Rosa Maria and my friends wife and his daughter both had the Grilled Chicken. All the chicken dishes were warm at best, which was just a degree or more warmer than our appetizer was when we were finally able to dig into it when we finally got our appetizer plates (I'm sure you've had lukewarm calamari and you probably know the consistency that fried mozzarella starts to take on when it starts to cool down so you may know the appetizer wasn't top notch).
We will more than likely go back because we like their food and we know this was probably an anomaly regarding the poor service we had.

• Visited August 2012