“Nice quiet stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 61 hotels in Pensacola
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice quiet stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. We were only at the hotel for one night. The front desk staff were very helpful at check-in and providing basic directions to nearby attractions. Our room had a mild odor but other than that it was very spacious and clean. The location is also very convenient to the beach and downtown night activities.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We are loyal Marriott guests so we scrutinize any weaknessess in the Marriott's. As others have mentioned, it is close to a couple of good restaurants, relatively close to the beach (across the bridge) and has an exceptional fitness center - much more equipment than similar hotels. Staff was wonderful as most Marriott staff are. We stayed there serveral years ago and the facility looks as new and clean now as it did then. The two problems we encountered that will probably have look for another property in PNS in the future is the 1) comfort of the beds - rock hard and 2) panhandlers/threat of crime. We were approached by a panhandler in the hotel parking lot. The hotel employees a security guard to watch the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

My first time staying there and i highly recommend this hotel. The staff was great, the hotel was in excellent condition and was very clean. I did enjoy the swimming pool.They served great breakfast and has a lounge. There were a few restaurant in walking distance and it"s not too far from down town. I would not trade this hotel for another. When I am visiting again i will spend my time at the Courtyard and would recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Auburn Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The Courtyard by Mariott is on Chase Street in downtown Pensacola. It is not listed in the Courtyards schedules. We stayed there in May of 2012 for two nights. It is small, but oh so nice and clean; easy access to everything; quiet, great service and the view is amazing. I would recommend this one to everyone.

Please add this one to your list of hotels.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Great view on the East side of the building
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
CMH
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We are loyal Marriott clients. We own a Marriott Vacation Club week and recently signed up for Marriott's exclusive exchange program. We also stay, nearly exclusively, at Marriott properties whenever we travel, which is 5-7 times per year. This stay was well below our expectations. The first night in this location resulted in our room not being cleaned for 2 days. The explanation we received was that they simply "forgot" to clean our room. They also forgt the room next door. What hotel forgets to clean more than one occupied rooms? They did comp us one night, which was nice but the experience was still poor. The next day they called our room at 9 am to ask if we wanted our room cleaned. Of course we did but did they need to call at 9 am to confirm that? It seemed as if they operated with the employee needs in mind NOT the guests, we asked for extra towels and they were never provided. There was a$34 charge on our bill which we had to wait until the next morning to have taken off since the staff the night before told us they were unable to remove and we needed to speak with the staff that came in at 6 am. This property simply was not up to what we expect from Marriott.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
daveeames
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stay in hotels 100 days per year. This is my second Courtyard experience this year and bottom line, it is my last if there is an alternative. Both had virtually identical issues.

Many of the reviews for this property are quite good. I thought it was overpriced and I noticed a lot of small things wrong as a result. At $200. per night I can stay at some pretty upscale places.Here are the small issues:

1. Lobby coffee, I asked if it was fresh, was told yes. It wasn't it was cold. I called down to the desk and told them and an hour and a half later when some guests arrived we poured a cup of coffeee and it was still cold.
2. Broken toilet seat. In all fairness, I didn't call to ask that they replace it. I hate having to stay out of the way while someone works on the room. However, it would have been impossible for the housekeeper cleaning the room not to notice, the whole seat comes off in your hand when you try to put it up, and the housekeeper didn't have it fixed.
3. Pillows. I requested extra feather pillows. On a king that meant a total of four small pillows, three prison grade lumpy foam and one feather.
4. Employee noise. The employees either yell at each other across the room or keep radios too loud. At breakfast this was exceptionally irritating, I was in the lobby while they set up and four employees were yelling to each other as loud ad they could while I tried to watch the news.

Room Tip: If you request close to an elevator your WiFi will be blocked by the shaft!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hotel is in great location and only a short drive to beach. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance. If you like to workout..fitness center is very roomy compaired to most hotels that size. There are like 4 treadmills...4 eliptical machines...benches for weights...losts of dumdbells...other machinces to work out legs...chest..back and stuff. Also, the bar inside hotel...happy hour 5 to 7...very nice and a way of chatting with other folks. I worked out and then went to bar lol. Pool looked nice..didn't get in...outdoor lounge area was relaxing especially watching the soon to be storm roll in. Breakfast buffett was good...lots to choose from and also a chef there to make omeletes and stuff if you want that...I stuffed myself and spent less than $10.00 on buffett..not including tip. Very good value though and while I was getting food the woman asked me what I wanted to drink..I said coffee and by the time I got my food and was ready to sit down..my coffee was waiting on my table..that was a plus because before food I always like a few doses of coffee lol. All of the hotel staff just seemed so happy...and talked with people...and joked...and cut up...the staff was really refreshing! Wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and a view of the gulf. I was first floor and had view of parking lot...though...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard Pensacola Downtown? Share your experiences!