“"Best" "Best Western Ever "” 5 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #7 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“"Best" "Best Western Ever "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here on our motorcycle trip across a few states. This is by far the best hotel we stayed in and we cant say enough good things about it.
The whole staff was friendly and always willing to answer questions and help us. The breakfast was hot and fresh and offered so many items. My wife has to have low sugar items and there was lots of sugar free options which never happens in hotels.
The manager Melissa let us use the meeting room free to host a meet and greet and social hour. Mirim was very helpful with resturant directions.
Housekeeping was wonderful, the rooms were so clean and our room was always fresh when we got back for the day.
We will stay here again and tell everyone that this is the best choice in Pensacola!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to do a review. We had a blast with your Harley crew. You all were so nice and made it fun for our staff as well as your group. We are glad to hear that you will be with us again in the fall. See you then and happy and safe travels.

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had to go to Pensacola on some family business on Feb 9th-11th. We stayed at the Best Western Blue Angels Inn in Pensacola. I was a little worried since I really didnt know the area, but after looking on Tripadvisior and saw that it was ranked 3rd, it eased my mind. We had a great stay. From the moment we walked in the doors, the front desk clerk ( I wished I could remember her name), was so great and so helpful, even saw that my husband was handicapped, and put us in a handicapped room. She told us where everything was, and was so accomadating with any questions we had. The room was very nice and the bathroom was perfect for my husbands needs.
The next day, the same front desk was there as when we checked in, and gave us directions to the places we wanted to go. The whole staff, was very very friendly. And breakfast was pretty good too! We really did enjoy our stay, and if we are down there again, we will be sure to go back.
If I had any complaint at all, it would be the pillows. I have never seen small square pillows in a hotel room before. There was five, I got three, my husband got two. They are not easy to sleep on. So I would say, if you are going to stay here, and you should, just bring your own pillows.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you had a good time in Pensacola and hope that you return. I apologize for the pillows sometimes the housekeepers fold then to tight in squares but they are standard size pillows, sometimes we have to fluff them. I will speak to them about that.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Pensacola Best Western/Blue Angel Inn and were very happy with that choice. The motel was very clean, well appointed and comfortable. Staff was very professional, helpful and above all, they were friendly. Many times we've stayed at motels and hotels where the staff acts like we are a bother to them. We didn't feel that here at all. In fact, because of extreme weather, including tornadoes in the forecast, we checked out 1 day early. The front desk person was very understanding and cancelled our last day so we could leave before the storms hit. There's no doubt that we'll stay there again when we're in the area.

Room Tip: This motel was away from high traffic areas and was very quiet. Room choice shouldn't be that cr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you made it home before the weather hit. We hope that you stay with us again when you are traveling to Pensacola.
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here with our military retirement party. Everyone was so nice and helpful. We loved the breakfast it was hot and loved the waffle station. The rooms were large and the bed was comfy. All the staff was so nice and hosekeeping was very good. We would tell all groups and everyone to stay here.

Room Tip: All great rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
blueangelinn, Front Desk at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you Ms. Stacey for your review. We are so glad that your Navy group enjoyed your stay. You all were such a joy and so much fun to have, We can't wait for you all to come back next year. Again it was such a pleasure to have you.
Sece
Council Bluffs, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with our stay at the Pensacola Best Western + Blue Angle Inn. Very friendly staff, and our rooms were clean and quite. When in the area will stay at this Hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your review Mrs. Elizabeth. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again when you are in the area. Safe travels on your way home.
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Always booked this hotel as we are in Pensacola often for business 2 to 5 nights at a time. Had excellent experience til this time and it was not the room but the front desk staff. They will never get my companies business again.

We stay at hotels all over the state of Florida and receive faxes each time we stay anywhere and as we had each time here and as we did the first night we stayed this visit. Then on Thursday night we are told there would be a charge for the faxes but not until after they were received.

When I ask why we were charged we were told that it was their policy (not posted by the way).
When I ask why we were not charged the previous night the front desk told me "I suppose she was too busy to charge you". So it is sometimes a policy and sometimes not????, depending on if is convenient for them???

We were also told that the hotel was privately owned and they dd not really care if I called Best Western or not. I did call Best Western customer service who was very polite and said that they would refund my money and apologized.

Again at check-out I ask about the charge with another disinterested attitude. I ask the front desk manager if she was interested in loosing our business (which would be well over $1000.00) over a $6.00 fee and was told it did not matter to her.

If one of my employees treated one of my customers this way i would certainly not be happy.

I will not hesitate to use Best Western again as their customer service is well trained and very professional but it will never be at the Blue Angel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Mr.Ernest I am sorry that you are upset because we charge for faxes and we wouldn't refund the $6.00 that we charged you for the faxes. We don't tell guest at check in hey if you want to fax it's a fee. Most guest before sending or getting a fax ask if there is a fee. All fees for the hotel are listed in every room in the guest directory. I also understand that you were not the guest in the room it was Christopher. You nor Christopher never asked us so we did not know you were getting a fax until the fax arrived. You stated you got faxes the night before and was not charged for them but we pulled a fax activity log and there we no faxes received the prior nights you were here. We looked back because you state you stay with us alot and since we opened we show that you or Christopher have only stayed here once in the last 6 years.. We also dont show that you or Christopher are a Best Western rewards member. You also book on Travelocity not with Best Western. Then Best Western did send you a check for the $6.00 as a courtesy even though the hotel was correct in charging you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were looking for something near the Naval Base in Pensacola but wanted to stay near the highway for a 1-night stop on a longer trip. This hotel was very convenient to the highway, but it took us a while to get the the museum on base.
We were excited to find 2 queen beds for our family as two-bed rooms in this price range usually have doubles. Everything was very clean, and the temperature was comfortable and easy to adjust.
I'm typically not a fan of hotel breakfast buffets, but there was a good variety. There were hot offerings, including a waffle (or pancake?) maker, and the requisite carbohydrates. The kitchen staff working the buffet were very friendly and attentive also.
Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the review and kind comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are happy to know that you will return. Thank you again and safe travels.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn? Share your experiences!