“Best Night Sleep” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Best Night Sleep”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Best night’s sleep we have had in a hotel in a long time. We are not big travelers but lately we have been doing a lot of it. This Best Western was recommended to us, it was a longer drive to the Navy Base but it was worth the drive. Would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you Wanda for the great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Please stay with us again when you are in the Pensacola area.

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This Best Western is a decent choice for the area. All the employees I encountered were friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant is a tad overbearing but maybe it was just me. Carpets need to be cleaned or replaced and there was a strong cigarette smell in our bathroom on the second night. For the cheap price get got this for on Priceline I would definitely stay here again!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel to stay in. My son is Navy and was impressed by how well they made the bed. Everything in the hotel is in good condition. Carpet, tiling, bed, flat screen tv & paint were all perfect.

The staff was helpful and courteous.

I will stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to do a review. We appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us. We hope you stay with us again on your future trips to Pensacola. Please let your son know that we greatly appreciate his service with the Navy.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed here for a soccer tournament. There was several families with us on the team. We all loved the hotel , it was very clean the staff was very helpful and friendly. We loved the breakfast and the breakfast attendant was very nice. We will stay here again for our other tournaments in Pensacola. They are only 5 minutes to the soccer field.

• Stayed September 2012
blueangelinn, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appriciate your kind comments. Mrs. Jean, (our breakfast attendant) takes great pride in her job and really enjoys when somone notices. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next stay!

Chrystale
AGM
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights based on TA member reviews. Disappointing stay it was.

Check in was easy and the staff was nice. When we entered our room the bathroom reeked of cigarette smoke. Turning the fan on made it worse. Somebody was smoking somewhere in, as we were told, this 100% non smoking hotel. We wanted to change the room but nothing was available on the 3rd floor so we opened the window instead and let the smoke ventilate out. That helped to get rid of the cigarette smoke, but when we got back later on it was replaced with cheap perfume odor that we smelled till the next day.

The bed was very firm so if you have a bad back you may love it. We did not care for it and did not get a good night sleep. The pillows were folded in half and thus very hard. We had to unfold them and fluffed them up. Unfortunately they are old and lumpy so bringing your own is a must.

The room has a fridge that cooled our food nicely without freezing it, but it was on the noisy side. We had no issue with noise from the other rooms (both occupied) and that was great. The room was clean except for the carpet especially by the entry / bath. During day light it looked OK; at night different story. It is way pass overdue for cleaning. Yes, that bad. The room size is OK, but the bathroom is on the smaller size. Very tight when 2 people are present.

We had two other issues.
TV had a line of dead pixels running up/down in the middle of the screen plus it was rescaling every minute: full screen, one minute later switched to wide screen, 15 seconds back to full screen. Repeat on every channel for as long as the TV is on. Gets old very quickly. I informed the front desk the next day and they replaced the TV. Unfortunately that did no fix the rescaling.
The other issue was the shower curtain rod was lose and when exiting the shower the first night the whole thing came crashing down. Luckily nobody got hurt. I told the front desk at the same time when I was telling them about the TV, but the maintenance did nothing about it as I knocked it accidentally down again 2 days later this time when drying off after shower.

The breakfast is average (looked after by over eager breakfast attendant. No, I do not need help with toasting that bagel; it is not a brain surgery, it is just a bagel. She was not my cup of tea, you may love her), with eggs & bacon and rest of the standard fare: breads & bagels, muffins, cereal, you know, the usual. Nothing new, different or special. Fresh fruit was apples and bananas; we wanted to eat neither.
Plus only six tables are available. Getting there early (7AM) did not help as all the tables were taken. The sad part is that people at 4 of 6 tables already ate and were just talking or watching TV oblivious to people standing around looking for a place to sit & eat. Our solution was to take the food to our room and skip the bland fare the next day. Added benefit: no attendant. I wanted to take a picture, but wished not to include the ever present attendant (or other guests) in it.

Parking is tight in front of the building (more secure in my opinion) with additional parking in the back.

The location is fine if you just passing through on Int 10 to somewhere else. Gas station (TT), fast food (BK), and restaurant (Cracker Barrel) are walking distance close and Nine Mile Rd is about mile north with all the stores you may need. If you go to the beach or want to stay closer to the city (our case) we could have done without the extra miles.

So what I mean with 'Really?' As I write this BW is rated #2 in Pensacola, FL. Either my understanding of value is different from other TA member (likely and would not be the first time) or the remaining hotels in Pensacola are not that good (unlikely). If I could I'd rate it 2.5*, but since that is not possible, 3* it is.

We paid $76.50 / night + tax, but next time in Pensacola we will gladly pay more and stay in or closer to (down)town. Or pay even more and stay at one of the hotels in Pensacola Beach. I already know where I will be staying next time. This BW will not be it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I want to start by saying thank you for your comments. With that being said I would like to address a couple of items you mentioned. The TV worked fine and we never replaced the TV in your room, the housekeeping supervisor came to the room and wiped the screen and it was fine. Maintenance came to the room while you were out and checked the shower rod and it was fine no adjustments were needed. We are 100% smoke free and sometimes people do break the rules and smoke in rooms and we have to charge them the fee. In this case their was a guest that smoked in the room above your room and they were charged the fee and the room was cleaned and sanitized. As far as the breakfast attendant she is a very nice helpful woman and since you seemed to be having trouble with your bagel she offered to assist you. We regret that you wont be staying with us again but to say other travelers don't know what they are talking about or that our property is sub standard is not correct. We are approved AAA rating of 3 star..won Trip Advisor Excellence award..and Best Western Service Champion National Award. We really care about our guest and take great pride in running a clean, great priced hotel.
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very clean and fresh smelling lobby, so very inviting to walk into. Our visit was during a very humid spell and I expected the rooms to smell a bit musty or dampish but the a/c was working very well and it was dry and smelled great. Lovely breakfast area, kept very clean and for an included breakfast, ou should find something to eat without a problem. As an aside, I have to say that I am always disappointed in the lack of fruit selections, other than bananas and apples. This was the first stop in our vacation which included travelling to Biloxi, New Orleans and other small towns nearby, and the lack of other fresh fruit surprised me, given the sub tropical climate here. I live in Canada where I can always buy berries, melons. pineapple etc. so I guess I had thought I would be able to find something other than bananas and apples. But if you want waffles, danishes, cereals etc. they are plentiful. very clean, beds really comfy. AC works great. Staff very friendly. There is 24. hour coffee selections in the lobby which is very. ice.

The pool is small but very clean (it is in the shade in the afternoon though)

The rooms are very clean, nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable, and I never say that lightly because I have back issues and I usually end up stopping at the first walmart in town and buying memory foam in case I need it to sleep. Absolutely did not have that problem here at all, very comfortable beds. Bathroom was immaculate and hot water and water pressure were great . I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone staying in area, as long as you have a car. It is. ot far to the beach, etc. if you are driving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to fill a survey out. We work very hard to make sure every guest is taken care of and enjoys their visit to Pensacola. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Pensacola. Melissa General Manager
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at this wonderful hotel. The staff was great and very plesent. We will always stay with Bestwestern. This hotel went above and beyond. We will be making several more trips to pensacola and will always stay at this bestwestern because they make u feel like family. The staff was excelent and the hot breakfast was the best.

Room Tip: All rooms here are great!!