“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very clean and fresh smelling lobby, so very inviting to walk into. Our visit was during a very humid spell and I expected the rooms to smell a bit musty or dampish but the a/c was working very well and it was dry and smelled great. Lovely breakfast area, kept very clean and for an included breakfast, ou should find something to eat without a problem. As an aside, I have to say that I am always disappointed in the lack of fruit selections, other than bananas and apples. This was the first stop in our vacation which included travelling to Biloxi, New Orleans and other small towns nearby, and the lack of other fresh fruit surprised me, given the sub tropical climate here. I live in Canada where I can always buy berries, melons. pineapple etc. so I guess I had thought I would be able to find something other than bananas and apples. But if you want waffles, danishes, cereals etc. they are plentiful. very clean, beds really comfy. AC works great. Staff very friendly. There is 24. hour coffee selections in the lobby which is very. ice.

The pool is small but very clean (it is in the shade in the afternoon though)

The rooms are very clean, nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable, and I never say that lightly because I have back issues and I usually end up stopping at the first walmart in town and buying memory foam in case I need it to sleep. Absolutely did not have that problem here at all, very comfortable beds. Bathroom was immaculate and hot water and water pressure were great . I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone staying in area, as long as you have a car. It is. ot far to the beach, etc. if you are driving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to fill a survey out. We work very hard to make sure every guest is taken care of and enjoys their visit to Pensacola. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Pensacola. Melissa General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Moss Point, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at this wonderful hotel. The staff was great and very plesent. We will always stay with Bestwestern. This hotel went above and beyond. We will be making several more trips to pensacola and will always stay at this bestwestern because they make u feel like family. The staff was excelent and the hot breakfast was the best.

Room Tip: All rooms here are great!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the comments and glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure every guest is taken care of and enjoys their visit to Pensacola. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Pensacola. Melissa General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was great! The employees were the best at at giving info about events and attractions. Breakfast was great, hot and fresh.we will be staying again!! Please give our thanks too the entire staff,Patty,Melissa,Johnathon,Angelia were some of the employees I encountered and they were most friendly. Please give my thanks too them!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
blueangelinn, Front Desk Representative at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard in meeting guest needs and making sure they enjoy their stay with us. We hope you stay again on your way through Pensacola.
Patty
Front Desk
Jackson, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time at a BW. It was a weekend in Pensacola. I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean, staff was awesome, had a stain on the carpet at the entry way, breakfast was a hot one, not exactly downtown but only a few minutes driving away, breakfast staff was GREAT!! I don't recall her name, but the African American attendant for breakfast was superb. Burned my hand on the waffle iron, and I tell you she gave me an ointment and it was cured. Price was awesome too. Lol
Darron G

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Westwego, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Spent 4 days, 3 nights there and could not have been more pleased with room, service, pool, exercise room,,, everything was to my husband's and my expectation. Also left a valuable piece of jewelry in room, and called when I returned home and was told that it was found and within a week it was sent to my home. Thanks to everyone there at the BWP Blue Angel Inn.

Room Tip: Just choose Best Western
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, and I can honestly say I had no complaints.
The location was about 20 mins away from the beach, but there were plenty of restaurants nearby and places to shop.
It was clean, and every member of the staff I encountered was friendly.
Free hot breakfast.
Pool was clean.
Beds were comfy, and I actually had enough pillows for once.
Overall, it was a nice experience and way more affordable than some of the hotels that were closer to the beach.
If I were to come to Pensacola again, I'd stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Melissa
Huntington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our king room was spotless and large enough, the bed and linens comfortable, and we liked being on the third floor. We were visiting our new sailor at NAS and due to his schedule, made multiple trips back and forth to base, to downtown, to the Cordoba Mall (easy from here), and even to Mobile for a day. We were farther from base than we would have liked, but this is a safe, quiet area and the price was much better than beach front hotels. Because we were up so early we only had breakfast twice. We generally eat pretty healthy so were not interested in the biscuits and gravy but we did the waffle and cereal. After traveling in Europe where "continental" means a baguette and jam, there was plenty to choose from. We enjoyed our stay here and our first trip to Pensacola - found some great restaurants and museums and found the people very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn? Share your experiences!