“great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Brick City NJ
“great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

nice place to stay. the rooms are really big. everything was quite new and well done. the parking and fast wi-fi are free. there are lots of restaurants and shops within the 3 mile radius.
not a very big place, only 4 floors. the bed was very comfortable and it was quiet. the room had a fridge and a microwave.
the only down side was the maid service. they only cleaned my room once during my 4 night stay, however this may be due to the fact that i was sleeping most mornings and didnt remove the "do not disturb" tab until noon or 1pm every day.
another thing is that the hotel is about a 30 minute drive from the beaches which wasnt a problem for me but may be for others.
overall i greatly recommend this place

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Traveled to Florida from Texas and was returning home on Feb 26, 2011. This hotel was enjoyable, clean, and the staff was courteous friendly. It is easily accessed from nearby IH-10 and affordably priced as well.
Unlike my poor experience at another hotel chain a few days before when traveling eastward from Texas, this stay was enjoyable and I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
south texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

This hotel is WONDERFUL! I usually stay at well-reviewed Best Westerns or Hampton Inns due to their consistent high quality.
We ended up here due to a MISTAKE!! We drove over (same exit) to the Quality Inn and decided to stay there since it was walking distance to a restaurant. BAD MISTAKE! that motel had people hanging out in the parking lot and knocking on our doors.....and was poorly lit.
I called this BEST WESTERN BLUE ANGEL and asked if we could come over (at 8:00p.m.) and they were most helpful. We drove over right away and the parking lot was WELL lit, the lobby was SO nice.....the rooms were WONDERFUL!!
Beds were very very comfortable.....breakfast great.....staff most helpful, even later at night.......

Would DEFINITELY stay here again and if we end up vacationing in the Pensacola area, I wouldn't hesitate to book here!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Ocala, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

(You know that satisfying feeling that you get when you realize you made a good choice?)

I had hoped to find this hotel on my own, on local roads, but we found ourselves in a downtown area with several one-way streets….a phone call to the hotel provided the “heeelp!!” I needed but it involved I-10. Oh well. Was hoping to have easy downtown directions. The hotel is just off of exit #7, which was handy for our trip home, as we used interstates 10 and 75 to get home. (We had used coastal roads all along the way to Pensacola; great trip!)
The front desk staff continued to be pleasant and helpful throughout our stay. They provided copies of maps to the places we asked about, and gave helpful information and opinions about nearby eating establishments. The breakfast room attendant was also friendly and efficient. Our room was on the first floor near the business center, and the “only” complaint I have is that computer use was obviously not monitored on our first night (noisy kids). Just as we decided to contact the front desk, all went quiet again.
Nearby restaurants and grocery, small convenience store in lobby.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Monticello, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

My kids and I had a great stay at this hotel. I was impressed as soon as we walked into the lobby. It was beautifully furnished and every surface was shining. The young woman at the front desk, Michealle (not sure if I am spelling this correctly :-)), couldn't have been nicer and I found this to be true of every staff member we encountered. Our room was plenty big enough to accommodate all of us and it was kept very clean as well by another super nice young woman, Melisa. The amenities were great as well. We stayed five days and four nights so I did some laundry while there and this was no problem as the guest laundry was just down the hall. The breakfast offered as part of the stay was plentiful and delicious, with a full array of choices that would satisfy even the finicky eaters in your party. We found everything to be immaculate and the staff was definitely on top of things. Everyone was extremely helpful and super kind to us. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else and highly recommend the Blue Angel to anyone. You won't regret it!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Nottingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

This hotel is nasty, the rooms smelt, they were dirty , stains, hairs in the shower there was even writing on the bed clothing!!! The only saving grace was i was able to open the window. I stayed here as part of my holiday the packaged we booked was superior .......... I think not!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

My wife and kids stayed here at the end of July 2010 for 2 nights. The first night I noticed a bug on one of the beds. I killed it and notified management and they said they would have someone come in and look around. The next night the same kind of bug was on the bed again. By this time my wife had started scratching and itching on her arms which turned into red bumps on her face as well as swelling in these areas. We left and returned home and within 2 days my daughter and I started itching on our arms and hands which turned into bumps. For me I now have permanent dark marks on my hands and arms. The hotel inexplicably now has no record of our stay even though I have the credit card receipt. I would strongly advise that no one stay at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
blueangelinn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Yes there is always 2 sides to every story. Our property does not have bed bugs nor has it ever had bed bugs. We have a pest control company come every month as well as have purchased a steamer to check every rooms box springs and mattreses. Great news for us we have not came across bed bugs or any other bugs in our rooms. On this complaint the person did contact the hotel and couldnt tell me his room number nor the dates he stayed with us. I looked in the computer back to day one of opening and didn't find his name nor his wifes name as ever being a guest at our hotel. He claims to have a credit card receipt but if thats so wouldnt he have known the dates he stayed with us. Our property does not feel this is a valid complaint. Look at our reviews on any website and our property has a good name and is one of the best Best Westerns out there.
Melissa

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Blue Angel Inn? Share your experiences!