“Good location off I-10, convenient to shopping, airport, restaurants.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #4 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Los Angeles, California
“Good location off I-10, convenient to shopping, airport, restaurants.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

There are three Hamptons in Pensacola. This one is convenient off the I-10. The room was clean and comfortable and we had an upgrade to a small suite for just a bit more money. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. The neighborhood is pretty urban and the property has a pool, but no spa, which is something we like after a long drive.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We passed through my hometown of Pensacola to visit my mother on Christmas day. We arrived that afternoon and the front desk had our room ready. I picked this location because it's nearby my mother's condo and met our needs for the night. The severe thunderstorms in the area kept us in so we spent plenty of time in the room and had plenty of space for exchanging gifts since my wife & daughter have allergies to dogs. Overall, our stay was a great and I slept well that night so I was well rested for our drive down to the Orlando area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great location right off I-10 and easy access to everywhere else in Pensacola. Our room was on the first floor and not a suite but adequate for our needs. There was a king bed, 2 nightstands, 2 dressers, a sofa, coffee table, desk and chair. There were 4 reading lamps (important) as well as overhead lights in the bathroom and entry area. There was a small flat screen TV - nothing special. There was a laundry room on our floor but only one washer & one dryer. University Mall is being refurbished so unless you need new tires from Sears, don't plan on doing much shopping there. Cordova Mall is less than 5 miles away as well as a very nice Carmike Theatre. If you need to pick up a book to read or DVD to watch, there's a Barnes & Noble, and a Books-A-Million store nearby. The big draw for me was the great breakfast every morning; definitely worth the extra few dollars. Several different breads to choose from (toast, bagels, muffins, etc). Fresh oatmeal with brown sugar, raisins, nuts, etc to sprinkle on it. Bacon and/or sausage, eggs, several different kinds of cereal with cartons of cold milk. Fresh fruit (bananas, apples, oranges) and sometimes berries or pineapple. There's even waffle irons with pre-measured cups of batter to make the perfect waffle. And, of course, coffee, juice, tea and ice water. They have coffee in the lobby all day and in the evening there is a snack or cookies. Ask for a room with a microwave and mini-fridge!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Honor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Several family members recently stayed at this property for 5 days while in the area for a funeral. Our King suite was clean, quiet and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable, linens in good repair and carpets clean. The sofa was worn and uncomfortable and needs to be replaced - or at the very least, the mattress. The breakfast buffet was above average and welcome savings on expense for this period of time. With the property being named "University Mall" we were quite disappointed to discover the "Mall" is gone, but there is a Sears store across the parking lot. It is convenient to the airport.

Room Tip: We were in Room 237, at the far end from the noise of the elevator and with no passers by. On the o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have stayed at this property twice. Once in July before Orientation at UWF and then again in August before Move-in. On the first stay, we had a suite (Room 234). The room was huge and had plenty of space to move around. The second stay, we had a regular room (Room 208) which was much smaller but was still nice and comfortable. The breakfast on both visits was great and they never ran out of anything. The women who restocked the breakfast area worked very hard you could tell. I liked that we always could find a place to sit. I have had problems at other Hampton Inns with not being able to find a seat. They also have plenty of parking.

We had originally booked with AAA rate on the first stay and were paying nearly $150 a night which is high but after talking with the manager one night about a place to eat, she asked if we were here for UWF and then changed our rate for us to the UWF rate which shaved nearly $25 off a night. That was a nice surprise. The staff at this hotel are very nice. We booked this hotel again for Check-in at UWF and got the UWF rate again which saved us a good amount of money.

This will now be my hotel of choice when visiting UWF as many of the other hotels in the area are dirty, cheap, and in seedy unsafe areas or they are way overpriced. Like the previous reviewer stated, Pensacola does not have enough clean and comfortable hotel rooms. This is definitely a good choice.

Room Tip: Get an even numbered room. They face the back side of the hotel which is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I usually stay at one of the Holiday Inn properties when business takes me to Pensacola, but recently, they have begun to price themselves out of the market. Unwillingly, I gave this Hampton a try since it was approved by my company's travel dept. and the HI was out of the acceptable price range. Boy, was I surprised. The Hampton Inn near University Mall is nipping at the HI's heels for best business hotel in Pensacola. Nothing spectacular about this Hampton but it is clean, modern, and the staff is wonderful. It's probably not long since it was refurbed. In an area where there are not enough clean, comfortable hotel rooms, the Hampton is a very good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Drove all the way from Texas only to find out we had no room. YES, I had made a reservation through my Hhonors account, they said my card was not working before I even got there and they tried to run various amount on my card "supposely" I showed the front desk lady that I had plenty of money in my account, so what happened at 3:30 in the morning that was not COOL. I wonder why someone coud'nt call me to let me know there was a problem befors they gave my room to someone else??? Anyway the lady went ahead and cleaned a room for us to go to sleep about 5:30 AM, then she let us sleep till almost 2:00PM. I still paid full price for this room and I think they were lucky to get that from us.

Room Tip: Be carefull!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza

Address: 7050 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504
Location: United States > Florida > Florida Panhandle > Pensacola
#2 Business Hotel in Pensacola
#3 Family Hotel in Pensacola
#9 Romantic Hotel in Pensacola
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza 2.5*
Our Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall hotel boasts an ideal location in the charming coastal village and thriving resort of Pensacola, Florida. Minutes from our hotel in Pensacola, Florida, you can explore Gulf Islands National Seashore, Pensacola Beach, and over fifty miles of pristine white shores. Enjoy a warm welcome and friendly service at our hotel in Pensacola, Florida and start your day right with Hampton's free hot breakfast and famous waffles. Catch up with work in our free business center or host a meeting or gathering for up to 30 people in our meeting space. Work out in our fitness center, enjoy a refreshing swim in our outdoor pool or visit the beautiful sandy shores of Pensacola Beach. Retire to a comfy guest room featuring an HDTV and free high-speed wireless internet access and get some rest on a clean and fresh Hampton bed®. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola-University Mall Hotel Pensacola
Hampton Inn And Suites Pensacola-University Mall
Hampton Inn Pensacola
Hampton Inn Hotel Pensacola
Pensacola Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites Pensacola I-10 North at University Town Plaza, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.