“Good local spot for reasonable prices seafood.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 554 restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Pensacola, Florida
“Good local spot for reasonable prices seafood.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good local spot. Very affordable lunch specials. View of the bayou from about every table. I definitely recommend this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Mobile, Alabama
“Not fancy, but great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had company over the holidays and one evening my new spouse-who has lived in Pensacola for over 30 years-introduced our visitors and me to this restaurant near the Scenic Hill area. I get the impression the Oyster Barn is popular with the locals. Wonderful seafood-I had the trigger-fish, they had the fried shrimp. Delicious! Not fancy, but very tasty. I loved the atmosphere of the place-busy but full of folks there having a great time and thoroughly enjoying themselves. I don't know if they take reservations but we were seated after about 5 minutes. On the water so some nice views.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gulf Breeze, FL
“Not well known by tourists but worth finding.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Great place for oysters. Also has good fried crab claws (a local favorite). Small family owned restaurant that luckily survived Hurricane Ivan. It is one of Pensacola's landmarks.

Visited June 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Hole in the wall feel. Best grilled scallops in Pensacola!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I tried this place out when we bought one of those coupon books that kids normally sell. We were pleasantly suprised at the atmosphere. We've been twice and everyone is very friendly and you can tell they have a lot of "regulars". I'm more of a scallops guy more than oysters, so when I saw the grilled scallops on the menu, I had to try them. They are excellent and probably the only thing I will ever order from now on. Prices were reasonable.

Visited November 2011
Sevierville, TN
“An old time favorite on the water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been eating here on and off for forty something years, and have always enjoyed the fried oysters. They use different oil for fish than for their fries, and the tastes don't get intermingled. For lunch, it is the only place in town that you can get a half order of fried oysters for those who get filled up quickly. The people are friendly and the desserts are excellent as well. It is right on the water and in general is an excellent experience at a reasonable price.

• Visited November 2011