“Hole in the wall feel. Best grilled scallops in Pensacola!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Pensacola, Florida
“Hole in the wall feel. Best grilled scallops in Pensacola!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I tried this place out when we bought one of those coupon books that kids normally sell. We were pleasantly suprised at the atmosphere. We've been twice and everyone is very friendly and you can tell they have a lot of "regulars". I'm more of a scallops guy more than oysters, so when I saw the grilled scallops on the menu, I had to try them. They are excellent and probably the only thing I will ever order from now on. Prices were reasonable.

Visited November 2011

Sevierville, TN
“An old time favorite on the water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have been eating here on and off for forty something years, and have always enjoyed the fried oysters. They use different oil for fish than for their fries, and the tastes don't get intermingled. For lunch, it is the only place in town that you can get a half order of fried oysters for those who get filled up quickly. The people are friendly and the desserts are excellent as well. It is right on the water and in general is an excellent experience at a reasonable price.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Navarre, Florida
“Old Florida Local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Marina Oyster Barn has been in business 40 years and that speaks to the quality and service. I had fried mullet (3 fillets) which was cooked just right and tasted clean...mullet is like catfish and can have a off taste depending on the source. This was yummy. For sides I had cheese grits and "Moms" baked beans. The meal came with 2 hush puppies, too. The sides were ok... not the best cheese grits but certainly perfectly fine. "Moms' baked beans are nothing special and I would not get them again because of that. They tasted fine. The portion size was quite small on the sides. The hush puppies were good...not over cooked and just the right size, not greasy and not too hard. The cocktail sauce is quite mild and the tarter sauce is pretty good.
My dining partners had oysters and shrimp salad. The shrimp salad was reported to be very good. The oysters were $9 dozen raw and $16 (market price) for the broiled trio.. pretty pricy but, my friend found a pearl. That has never happened to any of us dedicated oyster eaters so it was pretty special!

The view of Bayou Texar is lovely. The service is attentive but not unctuous.
Much better than a chain because of location, history, service, and consistency of food quality.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Not worth it!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012 via mobile

The food was just average at best. Nothing special at all. The quantity was petite. We all left still hungry. The price was high, extremely high for lack of quality and small portions. I do not recommend going here. Very disappointing.

“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I have been eating here since I moved to P'cola in 1970. The Rooks family has operated this restaurant since 1969. I've never had a bad meal there. They are known for their oysters. The grilled tuna is as good as it gets, short of sushi grade. Fried triggerfish is my wife's favorite. Hushpuppies are the best you will find.

A small place with a small parking lot so get there early. You'll be glad you did. And check out the water level marks for all the hurricanes across from the cash register.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere