“Good reasonably priced food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #294 of 545 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Mexican
Pensacola, Florida
“Good reasonably priced food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Have had several lunches here from time to time. Always good service and food is a solid 3. I like the chips (light, crispy, and always fresh) and salsa (just a touch of cumin). Their lunch menu items are very reasonably priced and a nice variety. Food is well prepared with a range beyond the standard fare of tacos, burritos, enchiladas, tamales, etc.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Alpine, California
“Comida Muy Autentico (Very Authentic Food)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

It has been way too many years since I have been back east, and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and authenticity of the food at Monterrey's Mexican Grill. I always consider it a good thing when the staff is from the appropriate country. In this case, I was able to speak with them in Spanish (or English), so I immediately raised my hopes a bit.

I was visiting my adult children, so we got to sample several different items. I was still a bit stuffed from breakfast so I just got the Chimichanga, and that filled me up. All the food we got was good as well as the Margaritas and to my surprise they even had my favorite, Bohemia cerveza from Mexico.

It used to be, Mexican food in the South could only be described as "El Yucko." This was as good as any you get in the desert South West, and better than many. The South has risen again, at least as far a Mexican food goes.

The only reason that fifth star is not clicked, I think the exterior could use some help and a more frequent patrol for cleanliness.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Navarre, Florida
“Great Margaritas and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This restaurant has been slowly renovated over years to a great Mexican restaurant. The staff is all Latino and very friendly, though some are not fluent in English. Just point to items on the menu, if necessary. You won't be disappointed. The frozen margaritas are AWESOME!

Visited March 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“You call this Mexican?!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Walking up to the restaraunt we saw fast food cups in a beer chiller or planter out side the doors. We where seated quickly and greeted promptly by our server. He took our orders and delivered timely service. He did not provide us with recommendations or his thoughts / guidance about our orders. I love chips and salsa and theirs is good, I ordered guacamole to go with the chips and was highly disappointed. It looked and tasted like it was squeezed from a tube! No bueno. The food was not good but the service was decent. I won't be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Pace, Florida
“Delicious, fresh, and reasonably priced. My favorite Mex restaurant in Pensacola”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The staff here is welcoming and attentive. Their lunch specials menu has a good variety. The one thing I notice is the freshness of their food; salsa tastes authentic, homemade and delicious. The 2 for 1 margarita deal is just okay because their is hardly any liquor in these. So now I get the unsweetened iced tea instead. Again, I go there for the food and to date I've not been disappointed.
I read someone's review making reference to them playing "Feliz Navidad," who cares? Today I went and there was awesome Celia Cruz salsa on and I truly enjoyed it. When I go to a Mexican restaurant I expect (and want) to hear spanish music. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2011