“Really Enjoyed - Great Service & Music” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 580 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: McGuire's Irish Pub first opened in 1977 as a small neighborhood pub in a shopping center. In 1982 McGuire's moves to its current location; Pensacola's original 1927 Old Firehouse. Inside the pub you'll find a turn-of-the-century, New York Irish Saloon themed 615-seat restaurant. We are celebrated for our atmosphere boasting more than One Million signed dollar bills hanging from the ceilings and walls of the Pub. In 1996, McGuire's Irish Pub of Destin opened on beautiful Destin Harbor with the same great food and live Irish entertainment. For the most current Menu's please visit our website.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Really Enjoyed - Great Service & Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

After many trips to Pensacola, I finally caved in and went to McGuire's...wish I'd gone sooner. The in-house beer (tried the Porter and Stout) were very good, the food was also good. And the service was good. Live guitar and Irish songs made the night. I had the bouillabaisse one night and steamed muscles the next. Both were excellent. Loved the dollar bills on the walls. Great atmosphere. Don't understand the negative reviews. Go, have a beer, and enjoy!!

• Visited August 2014

Portsmouth, Ohio
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I loved it so much we went back a second time during our week at the beach. The first night we tried the reuben egg rolls and they were amazing. The shepherd's pie is out of this world and there was so much of it that I took half of it back to the condo for later. For the second trip I had the pasta rustico and it was huge, too, and sooooo good. The Irish Wake specialty drink was good + we got to keep the jar (has the year printed on the front) as a souvenir. The bread pudding is VERY strong, but who cares after the Irish Wake! The bean soup was good, too. I could go on and on. And, the gift shop had McGuire's Tervis tumblers! Service was spot on both times. Can't wait to go there again!

• Visited July 2014
“Perfect Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Originally wanted top go to Global Grill on a locals recommendation but it turned out to be closed on Mondays, the night we were in town. Searched Tripadvisor for options and McGuire's was top rated. Traveling with my 13 year old son and we both wanted a good steak dinner. McGuire's was close to our hotel and well rated so we gave it a shot. As soon as we walked in the door we were stoked that Global was closed. Not only is the atmosphere incredibly unique the food and service were outstanding. Highly highly recommended spot.

Visited August 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“visit for the atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Before moving to Pensacola, a few different people suggested I visit McGuire's. I can understand why it's so popular, with it interesting decor. I have to admit the money attached to the ceiling grosses me out; it can't be hygienic. I also heard from a local that the kitchen is notoriously dirty. Despite being very busy, the wait wasn't too long to get seated or receive our food. Our waitress was nice and the food tasted good. The servings were very large.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
“Best food I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I don't eat out much because most restaurant food is not worth the money and is average in taste. McGuire's was such a great experience that our family went back 2 nights later. Food quality and price was excellent!! Bean soup a must!! Spinach and artichoke dip also a must! Décor and atmosphere very nice and fun. Service was excellent considering the size of the place, did not wait very long at all for food to arrive. I cannot say enough good things about McGuires and would recommend it for anyone visiting Pensacola.

• Visited August 2014