“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 552 restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Irish, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had a group of 7, 3 adults and 4 kids ranging from ages 6-16. We all loved our food. I enjoyed the atmosphere. I had an Irish coffee and it was delicious. We all ate the hamburgers and loved them. They have a variety of hamburgers to choose from. We loved the location as well. I think the only negative I had was the picture in the bathrooms of the half-naked women. (Showing their chest, luckily the kids didn't notice it. Maybe they will take it down) When we go back to Florida, we will eat here again.

• Visited June 2013

88% Recommend
Ms
“Big on atmosphere ,small on taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I love McGuire's atmosphere but the quality of food and value has diminished. My family ate there July 8th 2013. We had Boxtys for our app which were great. For entrees my so and I had the NY strip and garlic mashed potatoes. The steak was the poorest cut I've ever had, and for $26 I expected way more. The steak was full of gristle and super tough. The garlic mashed potatoes were flavorless. My wife had theorist steak and mushroom pie. The pastry on top, combined with the sauce were great, but the steak was so tough she almost choked trying to swallow a small bite. My son's friend ate the yellowfin tuna which was prepared perfectly. The taste was spot on. Tmisphere is worth something, but not what we paid for a terrible meal.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kentucky
“Best Hamburger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I love the huge hamburger you get at McGuire's. They are so big and tasty. There are several different ones to choose from. There is money stapled all over McGuire's, the waitress told us it totaled 1.6 million.

Visited June 2013
Huntsville, AL
“A Classic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

People all over the South talk about this places. Crowded and good fun. Excellent menu with many possible choices. Never had a bad meal here, but we usually only go there with out-of-town visitors

• Visited March 2013
Santa Monica, CA
“Crowded But Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Getting a table in McGuire's can be a daunting task but it's worth it. I had the hickory smoked prime rib and it wanted to fall off the bone. My wife's lamb stew was awesome.

We always try to hit McGuire's when we visit Pensacola - it's just a wonderful place despite the crowds!

• Visited July 2013