“Fun place- Awesome food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #122 of 579 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Mobile, Alabama
“Fun place- Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We always wondered why this place was so busy then finally we ate there. Enjoyed it. Sushi is great. Reasonable prices.

Visited October 2012

“What a place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My family loves hibachi so when we first moved here to Pensacola we tried several places in the area. Tokyo is just great. Food cooked to perfection and plenty of it. Servers are great as are the cooks. You won't be disappointed here!

• Visited April 2013
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Came here after a walking out of another hibachi place - wasn't disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We walked out on the worst service experience I've ever had at Fuji Sushi on Davis Highway, and came here instead. What a great choice. Very attentive wait staff, great show from the hibachi chef, and the food was wonderful. A tad pricey, but what hibachi place isn't? I've been eating at hibachi in Pensacola since I was a little kid and Yamato was the only one in town; this is by far the best I've had there now. We'll definitely be back, loved the place!

• Visited March 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Very Pleasant Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We read the reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse is a very nice and clean restaurant. The food was fresh and great, the chef was entertaining, the service was prompt. Yes, it is located in a strip mall but someone has to use those buildings. And thankfully it is a great place like Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse. Oh, and I do not like sushi but other members of my family do and they placed a sushi order - and I tried the sushi and it was GREAT! I actually wanted more.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Don't be deceived by the strip all!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

When we first pulled up my first thought was oh no!!! What are we getting ready to walk into??? Let me tell you don't let the strip mall or the outside deceive you!!!!!! The hostesses and wait staff were awesome!!!! The chefs were not only entertaining, but the food was to die for and they kept the kids entertained. The restaurant was very clean and so were the bathrooms which is always a plus. Worth the trip to 9 Mile Rd and worth the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!