“Fun good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #229 of 579 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Mediterranean
“Fun good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a nice meal and the tattooed belly-dancer was interesting I felt wierd later and maybe they use MSG? My gyro was good but ive had some better ones off the street in a big city. The sampler was good to try different tastes. I may return but I'll inquire as to MSG

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pensacola, Florida
“Great food but horrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Despite their notoriously bad service, this restaurant has great food. Sometimes service is okay, but that's the exception to the rule. There are three locations in Pensacola. The location on Ninth Avenue has the best service and atmosphere. The poor service is a joke among the locals.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Milton
“excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat. We usually go to the new location on 9th avenue. I absolutely love the hummus and I always order the gyro plate! They give you a very large portion of meat too. The food always tastes so fresh and delicious. I love this place!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Good place for Mediterranean food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A group of us ladies went there on a weeknight. The decor is nothing special, nor is the atmosphere. Our waitress was nice and knowlegdeable of the dishes offered. It was a Thursday and noticed that on that night there was rap music and BYOB in the Hookah Lounge. The lounge is separated by walls and glass windows. We could smell the Hookah a little bit but not to a distraction. I had the baba ganoush, which the eggplant had been smoked. It was my first time trying it and I enjoyed it. Some of my party had a couple of different chicken dishes, which were tasty, but seemed a bit dry (of course they are covered in sauce, which helps). The portions were large. They do not serve alcohol, but you are allowed to bring your own wine and they have a corkage fee.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Pretty Good, But Service Could be Dicey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We visited the newish west-side location (201 South New Warrington Rd.) on Saturday night. Obviously very popular with young Navy folks, coming largely
to indulge in hookah on/in the terrace areas. Not very many folks eating while we were there. Menu is same as long-time Palafox Place location. Best spanakopita in town; everything else is about average, though spicy hummus is unusual and good. With only two wait persons, things were getting pretty hectic by the time we left. Suspect that a busy dining night on top of the smoking clientele would be a poor experience.

• Visited January 2013