“If only for one night ... and there are no other options” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)

You added Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area) to your Saves list
Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5049 Corporate Woods Drive, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Park, Stay and Go
Ranked #1 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Tampa, Florida
“If only for one night ... and there are no other options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

As a military family -- we have traveled globally and stayed at numerous hotel chains all over the world. We generally chose Homewood Suites because of their comfortable beds, soft down comforters and full kitchen with fridge, etc. The rooms are generally cleaned fairly well and the free continental breakfast was adequate. I must say that the last few times we stayed at this location --- it was a nightmare. In 2010, security had to come up to our floor several times because of a couple fist fighting in the hallway. There was a man smoking in the stair well right out side our room and the smoke kept rolling into our non-smoking suite every time we opened the door. The very last time we stayed there in May 2011 -- it was party central. I have never seen that many teens in one room. At one point --- I thought they were having a RAVE. Had I not been so exhausted from flying across the country with the children -- I would have left. I have attached a photo of the red stain on our carpet. I was not sure if it was blood or hunch punch from the prior nights party. Regardless -- as a Hilton Hotel you would think they would remove the heinous RED stain. So, as a military family we do have numerous locations to choose from in the Pensacola area, however I would think twice before staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cameron H, General Manager at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, December 17, 2012
We appreciate your continued loyalty and apologize that you weren’t able to enjoy the top notch service that we provide and that you deserve and expect while staying with us. I would like to believe that when these incidents occurred in 2010 & 2011 that you reached out to me or the management team and that we worked to resolve them and regain your confidence to the best of our ability. I’m not sure if you have stayed with us recently, but many things have changed since 2010/2011. For example, we have completely refurbished our hotel. We have brand new carpet, couches, ottomans and dining chairs in all guest suites. We also have new carpet, wall vinyl and paint throughout the entire hotel. Additionally, we have security walk the hotel floors every hour to help keep noise levels to a minimum and ensure safety and comfort for all of our guests. I am I'm truly sorry for your experience and hope you will come back to see our improvements soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My flight got cancelled so I had to spend the night here. Bed was awesome, shower had great water pressure and hot water. Good presentation for the room. Bed was wonderful! Good service at front desk. Used shuttle service, who were friendly.

Room Tip: I did not use room service so I rated average.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cameron H, General Manager at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you, KDL1969 for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are delighted to hear from our former guests as we feel this is the most genuine feedback we can receive. We certainly believe the Homewood Suites Pensacola Airport provides the best value and service to make our guests' stay is a memorable one. Next time you are in Pensacola, let us know if we can assist you with your planning. We would love to have you stay with us again.
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent 3 nights this week at the Homewood Suites and was very happy with my stay. I picked up my rental car at the airport and within 5 minutes was pulling into the entrance of the hotel. It was extremely convenient to the airport, restaurants, the Cordova Mall, and a multitude of other stores. As this was a work trip, sadly I was unable to make it to the beach. Since my king bed suite was equipped with a kitchen, I ventured out to the nearest Publix to pick up some food for my stay. The room was equipped with a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom and bathroom. It really felt like a one bedroom apartment and was nicely decorated, and very clean. I enjoyed coming back to the room each day to cleaned dishes and a made bed. There is also a free breakfast buffet each morning which I enjoyed, and Monday through Thursday they offer free dinner. The food was quite tasty and although the selection was limited, I had no complaints because it was a very nice meal. The only issue I had was on the 2nd night of my stay, cigarette smoke came into my room from the bathroom vent. The whole suite smelled of smoke so I turned on the fan and closed the bathroom door, which helped. I thought about changing rooms but with the bathroom door closed it wasn't as bothersome, and the was smell gone by morning. I didn't smell any smoke at all on the 3rd night, to my relief. The staff was very friendly and the check in/out process was very quick. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and had cigarette smoking leaking in from the bathroom vent. Not sure wher...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cameron H, General Manager at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We’re so glad you overall enjoyed your stay but are very sorry to hear about the smoke smell you experienced. Sadly, it indicates that a guest was smoking in a nonsmoking room and we act immediately if this is ever reported to us. We strive to ensure every guest has a pleasant stay and rely on guests like you to let us know how/if we can improve our operations. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you’ll choose to stay with us again in the future!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed five nights visiting my daughter who is in graduate school @ UWF. The motel was perfect. The location was perfect. Easy access to major throughways. Motel staff were very accomodating. My daughter came to have breakfast with us everyday. Breakfast had a variety of selections. Plus free dinner Monday through Thursday! Our living room was big enough for four of us to watch movies very comfortably. We also ate in our room two nights. Great place. Plan to go back next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cameron H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review of your recent stay. I’m so glad you were able to experience our warm Homewood Suites hospitality, our spacious suites and our delicious breakfast. We appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you next year! Until then….safe travels.
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Multiple day stay for 2.
Favorite hotel on road trip, primarily because the room amenities of this chain suited our needs for this stay.
Most staff members fine though none was outstanding, one oblivious employee completely ignored guest standing at desk while she rifled through some envelopes. Hello?!
Breakfast (6-9a) and dinner (5-7p) nice, clean; several options but not an endless number, shut down a bit early one night (don't wait until the last minute), staff worked fairly quickly to restock, but on few occasions items ran out before replenishment (just be patient).
Wine, beer, lemonade and tea for dinner.
Spacious lobby, food area.
Pool, recycling bins in vending areas, nice big laundry area.
Persistent cigarette smoking smell in one area near one stairwell only, was not clear whether this came from a nearby employee area or a guest in a stairwell.
Multiple DVDs available in lobby area next to front desk for loan (a few fairly new), player in room.
Room itself very clean, quiet (rare airport noise, brief; even in room facing airport).
Room kitchenette nicely stocked with dishes, microwave, stove, full fridge, dishwasher (with detergent packet).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cameron H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re so glad you chose to stay with us while in Pensacola and share so many great details about your stay. We sincerely strive to ensure our service is outstanding and we’re very sorry a guest wasn’t helped in an efficient manner. We have addressed our front desk staff to be sure they are mindful when a guest needs assistance. We apologize for the cigarette smoke smell. We will locate that area and remedy the issue for future guests. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you’re in Pensacola.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Overall the stay wasn't that bad, hotel was very clean. Also had a very nice pool and basketball court.. Didn't use staff very much but breakfast was very rude to my teenagers.. Breakfast could have had more variety and was usually picked over by 9am.

• Stayed August 2012
Cameron H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, August 15, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff and we are sure that this will not be a repeated issue. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the level of cleanliness of the hotel, the pool and basketball court. The next time you are in Pensacola, we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Frequent Traveler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I always try to stay at Homewood Suites or Marriott, and I am picky about the clean appearance and smell of both the hotel common areas and the rooms, as well as the comfort of the rooms especially the beds, and safety. This hotel met all of my expectations. At first it seemed a little off the beaten path but I liked that, there was limited noise and less traffic, though there were many amenities within a very short distance and still close to the highway. The outside appearance of the hotel and surrounding area was friendly and looked secure enough, gave me the impression of a neighborhood, plenty of parking. We wanted to go to Pensacola Beach but didn't have a lot of time and so we missed the manager's evening reception, which looked very appetizing. There was a good crowd at the hotel, enough to let you know people were staying there, absolutely no waits for anything though including check-in (we arrived around 6pm). The beach wasn't very far, maybe 20 minutes I think. I had considered a few hotels on the beach at very much higher rates and I saw only one that might have compared to the appeal of this hotel to me. The room was clean, well stocked, and really cozy. Bedroom/bathroom completely separated from living/kitchen areas by a solid door, 2 flat screens in beddroom/living room. The beds were amazing, very clean and comfortable, room temperature was perfect...felt as good as it gets being away from home. We ate breakfast the next morning and it was excellent, a full serve yourself breakfast. I've stayed at a lot of homewood suites and this hotel rates at the top of them. Of course if I was staying for 4 or 5 days with the idea of a beach vacation I would be lured to the beach, but I would definitely stay here again as first choice if traveling through or in the area for business. I was already a hilton honors member and I looked online and joined one of their programs on earning stays (a legit one, there are some out there about using press etc. discounts) and received a discount on the rate, wasn't huge but it was helpful.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a room away from the elevator and on a top floor to reduce noise at homewood suite...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cameron H, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area), responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review regarding your recent stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Pensacola Airport Hotel. We take great pride in providing a superior guest experience for our hotel guests. Next time you are in Pensacola, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again.

Been to Homewood Suites Pensacola-Arpt (Cordova Mall Area)? Share your experiences!