“great weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Navy Gateway Inn Pensacola

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola
Navy Gateway Inn Pensacola
You added Navy Gateway Inn Pensacola to your Saves list
600 Moffett Rd., Pensacola, FL 32508   |
Nashville, Tennessee
“great weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our son booked us in the gateway inn & suites for a weekend visit. We decided at the last minute to bring his brothers and sister with us, and as suites and doubles were all booked, had two single Queen bed rooms. Staff at the front desk was very friendly and made a great first impression. We were not in the main building, but one in back.
Price was very low , so I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the rooms! Large flat screens with a dvd player and surround system, desk, dresser, large closet, loveseat that turns into a sleep cot. Best of all sink, microwave, keurig coffee maker, cupboards and mini fridge with a separate freezer. I was able to stop at walmart and stock on frozen snacks and lunchmeat etc. for the kids, which was a nice moneysaver.
Read reviews about the beds and have to agree..the most comfortable I have ever slept on!
Housekeeping staff was very friendly and accommodating. Everything very clean. Free laundry room was a plus! FYI they take HE detergent.
Only negatives, shower head sucks, and no change machine in the building for vending. If you get back to the building after 8PM you may have trouble finding a spot to park in the lot. Tons of things to do on base and a very convenient location. We will definitely be booking in there again.

Room Tip: Laundry room was on the third floor made things very easy being just down the hall.Heard the rooms i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Schwedelbach, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We (an adult and 2 teens) stayed here for 6 nights. Having never stayed at a Navy inn before, I didn't know what to expect. It was like checking into a very nice hotel. Front desk staff were polite and helpful. We had a suite, which provided us with a bedroom, living area, kitchenette, and bathroom. Our room had a balcony, which was so pleasant to sit on and enjoy the view. There was a laundry room just down the hall, with free washers and dryers. It is close to the Exchange, the lighthouse, the aviation museum, and a beach. There is a golf course on base. It isn't a far drive to downtown Pensacola, the airport, beaches, and UWF. The price was right as well. I've already booked a room for my next trip there in August!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great, economical stay while in Pensacola. Stay in the "main building"... Bldg 600... and book a suite, if you can. It's the original "BOQ" and provides the best 'old-school' nostalgia, enabling imaginative ones the opportunity to experience the past. Other buildings are just fine, but lack the character of the main building... you'll understand when you get there. On a sadder note, understand long-time hostess, Ms. Sally, recently retired. Her replacement, I recently experienced, has quite a bit of work ahead of her to match the courteous customer service of her predecessor. Best wishes she picks up her game to keep this place as nice as it was under "Sally's watch".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Occoquan, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have now stayed at the Gateway Inn twice, and at 54$ a night, I cannot beat that price to be close to my husband. The location on base is great, as you are very close to the NEX and the beach/lighthouse. The beds are the most comfortable thing I have ever slept in, and most mornings, I don't want to wake up because I am so comfortable. I love the fact that there is a fridge and a microwave in the rooms, and the fridge is not a dinky fridge. I love that there is space for items in the freezer. The blow dryers in the bathroom work really well! The one issue that I have had is that the housekeeping services do not come around as often as I think they should. I had dirty yellow towels for about 4 days until they finally came in a replaced them. They were yellow because of the sand and sunscreen, not because they were bad towels, originally they were white. The other problem I have is with the actual bedding, the comforter is inside a sheet, and for a restless sleeper like me, I kicked the comforter out of the sheet and it messed everything up. Other than those two little things, my stays are always wonderful! The internet is fast! The one other thing I recommend is not leaving past 7 pm, as all of the parking spaces are taken up in the new building area and you will have to park a little ways away and walk back to the building. Other than that, wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed for six days in a 3rd floor executive suite. For $66 a night we couldn't beat this deal. We saved money cooking eggs and grilled cheese on the 2 burner stove. We also had use of a keurig coffee maker. A full size fridge, microwave and extra beer fridge rounded out the two flat screens, one with a sound bar and subwoofer-a group of men obviously designed this room to resemble a man cave and then someone had some extra knick knacks and plastic trees and floral arrangements and they called it a day. It ended up being unseasonably cool during our stay but we never ran out of things to do! Came back every evening to a nicely serviced room with all our needs met. Doing our six loads of laundry in a flat 2 hours in the free machines made packing (and no vacation laundry when I returned home) a god send. Don't hesitate to stay at this facility. *Note to management-carpets and tile floors could use a regular steam and the plastic plants/trees & knick knacks could use to be nixed...major dust and dirt collectors and end up taking away from the comfort and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed March 2013
Devils Lake, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Anytime we are in Pensacola, we will be staying here. The rooms are great for extended stay with all of the amenities, any issues are resolved immediately, and the staff is friendly and helpful; plus the value is incredible! The very best part though...the bed! My husband and I have never found a bed so comfortable or slept as well as we did here at the Gateway. Be prepared for the base CO setting the thermostat, it won't be freezing in your room but we were comfortable and the dehumidifier & fans help a lot.

• Stayed May 2012
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed here twice, both long term stays, and we have been pleased! The first stay was in a new building, very clean and comfortable. The second stay was in the historic building. That suite was nice, clean, and comfortable. The service has been great, friendly house keeping and front desk. I read someone's review who stated otherwise, possibly it was because you weren't friendly? They've been very friendly and understanding when we needed them. P.S. all rooms have large LCD RVs with premium sound bar and sub woofer! Always a plus for hooking up the PS3.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Navy Gateway Inn Pensacola? Share your experiences!