“I don't need to go anywhere else” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #205 of 552 restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Mexican
Woodbridge, Virginia
“I don't need to go anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

There are different kinds of "Mexican" food. I know what I like having lived in southern California for 12 years. I have eaten the real thing from friends who grew up south of the border and I learned to make carne asada you will not put down. It's tough to find Mexican food that isn't just spicy hamburger meat and ketchup for salsa. If you are in Northern Virginia you go to Haymarket and eat at El Vaquero West. When you are in Pensacola, FL you go to Casa Olé. The prices are great, the portions are large, and the taste is excellent and fresh. The building is not fancy inside or out but that doesn't matter to me. Good food is king at Casa Olé.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Pensacola, Florida
“Expect bad service if you let them know you have a coupon”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have eaten there about three times. The last time was with a coupon and the service was VERY BAD. We normaly tip 20 percent of the bill before the coupon is deducted, somtimes 25 percent. The atmosphere and the food did not make up for the terrible service we received. I vote with my dollars and they don't get my vote.

Visited June 2012
Pensacola, Florida
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

It's not authentic in any way but the food is fresh and very good everytime we go. It's a little more expensive, but nice atmosphere and friendly service. We love the quail. Messy but absolutely delicious.

Visited September 2012
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Best mexican around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Okay I know we dont have real Mexican... However the location is great and the food is great. They free salsa and chips are really great. Basically all the food is really good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jekyll Island, Georgia
“Big Drinks and Tasty Quesa's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was in Pensacola for a business trip staying at a hotel at Exit off I-10. I asked about Mexican and the desk clerk said Casa Ole with no hesitation. It was just around the corner from the hotel so I walked. That was not a bad thing as I has a medium margarita with was a good size. I order shrimp quesadilla was a little concerned as some quesadilla don’t make a meal these did. Juicy shrimp grilled in a mile white cheese sauce. I highly recommend them the restaurant is not very fancy but fancy enough to impress a date. The service was very good.

• Visited July 2012