“Couldn't Wait to Check Out...” 2 of 5 stars

Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   910 N Navy Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32507   |
Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Michigan
“Couldn't Wait to Check Out...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

This hotel looks very appealing and appears to be rated high for the cost (are these employee reviews?) I booked 3 nights (and changed it to one so my credit card would not get charged). The pictures look better than this place. The bed was the worst - about 2 feet high, stiff and had blood on the comforter. We had two tiny little pillows. We were provided with 2 bath towels and one washcloth. The towels were like sandpaper. At night, I felt like I was getting bitten by fleas in the bed. The staff were not that friendly, but rather "odd." We couldn't wait to check out. There was no free breakfast, just "grab and go" muffins and coffee. The area surrounding this hotel is near the Naval Station - 1/2 mile away you are in a bad part of town. Not impressed one bit and would tell anyone you was booking this place to pay the extra money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Great place! Within walking distance to shopping and eatery's. I enjoyed the heated pool and nobody bothered us at all! It was pleasant. I smoked a cigar on the back patio and read a book every morning.
I def reccomend this place.
Rooms were cleaned and what I expected for Pensacola.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last year and certainly were impressed. The place was clean and well kept. We couldn't brag enough about it.
But this year there was certainly a change. Housekeeping didn't keep the room clean. There was a leaf that was on the floor when we got there and it stayed there the whole time we were there. Looks like all that was done was that the bed was made up every day. That wasn't as bad as the child that constantly stomped on the floor above us. We realized that they were on vacation also but they were ruining it for us. Luckily, the stomper stopped about 11:00 every night.
    I would have recommended this hotel to anyone last year but this year, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. And I'm not sure that we will be ever going back again.

• Liked — Closeness to Naval Museum
  • Disliked — Unclean rooms and children stomping on the floor above us
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Note: there are two Ashton Inn properties in Pensacola within 2 blocks of each other. This review is for the location on Warrington, not Navy Blvd.

The property offers studio rooms for a value (i.e. Low) price. I paid $79 for a large kitchenette room.

Stayed here for 2 nights July 3 and 4 2008. Was diving the Oriskany and needed somewhere basic close to the dive store (MBT Divers - excellent - 2 blocks away).

The rooms are spacious with a well appointed kitchenette (fridge/freezer, microwave, oven, sink, coffee maker, utensils). The TV is full cable but no interactive TV such as pay movies. There is good free internet BUT it is wired not wireless, so you must bring your own ethernet cable. The hotel does not provide them in the room, nor do they have them at the front desk. That was actually mentioned in a previous review but I forgot to bring one. There is a Radio Shack 3 minutes away (just a few blocks) and I went there to pick one up.

Being a diver I made extensive use of the fridge (translation: I kept cold beer there). There is a small supermarket (Family Dollar) across the parking lot so I went and picked up a few essentials (translation: Pringles, Snickers and instant coffee).

There is a small indoor pool which actually looked pretty good.

The one thing I would have to say is that the room seemed very damp (as in humid). I know its Florida, and it was 90 deg outside, but it was so damp that even running the air full blast, I was not comfortable in the bed. For that reason, even though the other aspects were fine for the price, I would not stay here again. I would look for another place and accept a higher price in exchange for comfort. Other than that I have no complaints, it delivered what it stated that it would, at a fair price.

• Liked — Value price, location
  • Disliked — Damp room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

I stayed at this location with my family, we had 4 rooms total. Let's see where to begin....
The Sheriff keeps a deputy sitting in his car all night long in the parking lot. It seems that this neighborhood has a troubled past.
Don't use the irons unless you like rust stains on your cloths.
The room was clean as it could be, but it was clearly run down. I would say that it was nice to have a refrigerator, and have milk and snacks avilable. Although there were no sponges, dish soap or papertowels. Someone had been smoking in the room and the windows would not open so we couldn't air out the place. The hotel was full so we couldn't change rooms. There were parites going on all night long in the room above us, and a few rooms on my floor. So, all night long there were drunkos talking loudly walking up and down the halls. I do have to say when I'd pop my head out and ask them to keep it down, they were very apoligetic, and I wouldn't hear from that particular group again (until the next group would walk by). The parties did stop by 5am and I would be able to sleep then.
The last straw happened when I returned home, and my credit card was charged a no show fee at the other location on Navy Blvd. Where I never had a reservation. Although they claim to have paperwork stating I did. My travel agent booked me at the Warrington Rd location, so he (the travel agent) doesn't know how it's possible to have an additional reservarion at the second location about 1/2 mile down the road. For 2 weeks I've tried calling the General Manager. She has not taken my calls when she's in, and has not returned any of my calls. All people I've spoken to (who work at the front desk) have asked that I simply dispute the charge with my credit card company. I've seen on other sites reviews that I'm not the only person who has had this problem, so it's probably a scam they run.
I hate to leave this review on such a negitive note, so I will say that the housekeeping staff was wonderful. When my father got rust stains all over his white dress shirt when using the iron in his room, the housekeeping staff went above and beyond the call of duty took the shirt, and returned it mostly rust stain free. The housekeeping staff really do the best they can with the limited resourses they have, and do it with a smile.

• Liked — The housekeeping staff
  • Disliked — Mostly everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Pensacola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2006

My husband is a student at Corry Station, we were staying at another hotel not far from here and decided to come to the Ashton Inn & Suites because of their heated pool and private sun deck. We have been here nearly a month and are going back to the other hotel. The pool is advertised as heated but only the managers can turn it on and its freezing at night so we cannot use it. The cabinets in the kitchen has peeling paint, the window in the living area leaks and seems mildewy. Also the service isnt that great, they arent that friendly at all. Their guest dryers do not work well so you have to pay twice to dry your clothes. The chair in the living area is broken and set against the wall so it will stay up right. Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. At more than $100 a night to stay here it seems they would keep things nicer. Below are some pictures...

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Rude employees
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
The pictures posted back in 2006 are not of this property. We own another Hotel near by that gets confused with the Ashton Inn & Suites regularly. I can assure you none of that exists at either property today.For current pictures of Rooms, Look at the other website pictures and you will see us as we appear today, at The Ashton Inn & Suites,910 N Navy Blvd. We have no broken chairs,peeling cabinets, or broken windows as shown.This is a total misrepresentation of our current properties.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2006

We were leary about booking a room anywhere in Pensacola because of all the bad reviews, but finally chose the Ashton, and honestly, we were not disappointed. We travel a lot and have stayed in a lot of hotels. I would say the Ashton was WAY above average. The room was clean, beds were comfortable, wireless internet worked fine. I really liked having a kitchenette in the room.

We found the staff at the hotel to be very responsive and helpful. And very professional! We had one problem...the showerhead was missing. We called the desk, and they took care of the problem within minutes.

We would definitely stay here again. Now that I think about it, when you want to pay less than $100.00 per night, like we do, this is a very nice place.

Yup, we would stay here again. And we will.

• Liked — Everything. It was nice.
  • Tips/Secrets — My tip is...no problems here, don't hesitate to stay here.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy? Share your experiences!