“So so.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Crestview, Florida
“So so.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 days with 3 kids. Picked this hotel specifically for the indoor pool. It was nice enough, but for $89 I could have found a nicer place, just without an indoor pool. The kids enjoyed the pool area, but the room was dirty. An old container of to go good was left in the fridge, hair in the bathroom and some of our towels had mold on them. The staff was really nice and fixed and issues immediately. Overall, it was alright. I prob wouldn't stay here again, I'll just book earlier and find a nicer hotel with an indoor pool.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Jacksonville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Me being military i enjoyed my stay of two months at this hotel. i didnt have any problems with the room or the staff. actually the staff was very accommodating to my every need. mrs glora and mrs necy were the best. My room was very clean everyday never had a issues one. i highly recommend this hotel. good rate and good service. thank you very much. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you! Thank you! for your review. It has been my goal to apply my 30 years of customer service knowledge to give our guests a clean, safe, friendly place to stay when away from home. We are just about ready to put our new Banquet/meeting room on the list of amenities the Ashton Inn & Suites offers. Thanks again for all of the nice things you said.
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I needed to stay at a place close to the Navy base, so I stayed here. I wanted to swim, but the pool looked dirty- as did the fitness room. My room was fine. I had no complaints about that. I was on the first floor of the main building, the noise above was a little irritating. I didn't really like the area of this hotel. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks. I appreciate your comments. We installed completely new Fitness equipment the month before you used it. It gets wiped down and disinfected daily. We will keep a closer eye on it as guests are in and out at all hours. The inside pool is not not a chlorine pool and can show sudsing after use.Hopefully, that is all it was. We get inspections regularly. We are on a busy runway between two Naval Bases as you know. Our property is fenced around the entire property. We are a Family friendly property and run pretty full in July with people vacationing and visiting and having fun. For that reason we try to keep the Military staying with us on the top floor. If you do decide to return that time of the year we can put you in another phase of this Hotel where the noise level won't be so bothersome. Thanks again for staying with us. I do hope you come back.
Tamarac, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Been to many hotels, many brands and all at different rates. But to not have a shower cap, hair conditioner, 2 individual hand towels or cups is absurd. Requesting did not get supply. Having a main building and 2 smaller units created havoc for one desiring coffee or a newspaper because it meant having to go there to get it. It was a feeling of us being the stepchildren of the group. We were a very quiet group of retired sailors and spouses and our demands were not great. But that is true of your service and accomodations; not great. And then the greatest insult came upon checking out and receiving a bill for $20 our breakfasts!!! The rooms were lovely,beds comfortable, closet space nice. Bathrooms could have been a tad larger (& supplied), kitchen was a nice attempt at coziness. Best I can give is 3 stars, better service warrants more stars and I just can't go there.

Room Tip: Be sure to have your own personal stock, they don't supply anything.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I remember the Perry Reunion Group very well. I would like to have been aware of your perceptions before you departed. Other than house keeping issues we have little control over the activities your group has pre-arranged. My communication is with your coordinator. Most groups favor our property because we can offer a building of 30 rooms with a free hospitality room exclusive to your group. Your Coordinator tells me if you want an extended continental breakfast prepared for your group in your building or not. The price to do this is agreed upon by the Hotel and your Group coordinator.The charge is then passed on equally to the number of rooms in your group.We don't charge more if there is a number of no-shows. I'll suggest that information appears in the group news letter in the future. All of our rooms have kitchens with coffee and coffee pots for those that want it before breakfast is served.And as you know the main lobby serves it at 6 am. We could have brought a Carraffe over to your building upon request. Thank for your coments. They have not go gone unnoticed.The Perry group was a wonderful group to have here and we hope you return in the future .
Oahu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I had to stay at this hotel because of schooling for 2 months. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe. We paid over $6,000.00 and was treated like dirt on a daily basis. The housekeeping service is absolutely horrific. Sometimes they would show up in the morning others not until around 7pm. We had a housekeeper come in one morning and claim there were rotten potatoes with maggots on them. We have never even bought groceries for this room. The room always smelt like mold. The air conditioner leaked all over the floor (literally standing water in the room) It took maintenance 3 days to come in and fix it so once again nasty smell. Very disappointed. I hope everyone else that stays here has a better experience than we did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here in July for my cousins wedding, and I must say this place was grand. Our room was clean and the staff was super friendly and accommodating willing to go that extra mile for you. I enjoyed sitting under the gazebo while watching my children play in the pool. The indoor pool was nice to have as well for those brief rain storms that blew over from the coast. The location is only minutes away from the down town area and beaches. The price is right. I enjoyed this place and I would surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for building 2
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked thru Priceline. It is a Great place to stay. Close to everything. People were wonderful.
Rooms were comfortable.So nice to stay at a place that is clean. We travel alot going from Az. to Fla. and some of those hotels are just not up to speed. We loved this place and will come back everytime we are in Pensacola. It made our trip to stay in a clean friendly place. Thank You All for a nice visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy? Share your experiences!