“Perry Reunion” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 61 hotels in Pensacola
Tamarac, FL
“Perry Reunion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Been to many hotels, many brands and all at different rates. But to not have a shower cap, hair conditioner, 2 individual hand towels or cups is absurd. Requesting did not get supply. Having a main building and 2 smaller units created havoc for one desiring coffee or a newspaper because it meant having to go there to get it. It was a feeling of us being the stepchildren of the group. We were a very quiet group of retired sailors and spouses and our demands were not great. But that is true of your service and accomodations; not great. And then the greatest insult came upon checking out and receiving a bill for $20 our breakfasts!!! The rooms were lovely,beds comfortable, closet space nice. Bathrooms could have been a tad larger (& supplied), kitchen was a nice attempt at coziness. Best I can give is 3 stars, better service warrants more stars and I just can't go there.

Room Tip: Be sure to have your own personal stock, they don't supply anything.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ashtongm, General Manager at Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
I remember the Perry Reunion Group very well. I would like to have been aware of your perceptions before you departed. Other than house keeping issues we have little control over the activities your group has pre-arranged. My communication is with your coordinator. Most groups favor our property because we can offer a building of 30 rooms with a free hospitality room exclusive to your group. Your Coordinator tells me if you want an extended continental breakfast prepared for your group in your building or not. The price to do this is agreed upon by the Hotel and your Group coordinator.The charge is then passed on equally to the number of rooms in your group.We don't charge more if there is a number of no-shows. I'll suggest that information appears in the group news letter in the future. All of our rooms have kitchens with coffee and coffee pots for those that want it before breakfast is served.And as you know the main lobby serves it at 6 am. We could have brought a Carraffe over to your building upon request. Thank for your coments. They have not go gone unnoticed.The Perry group was a wonderful group to have here and we hope you return in the future .

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oahu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I had to stay at this hotel because of schooling for 2 months. Terrible doesn't even begin to describe. We paid over $6,000.00 and was treated like dirt on a daily basis. The housekeeping service is absolutely horrific. Sometimes they would show up in the morning others not until around 7pm. We had a housekeeper come in one morning and claim there were rotten potatoes with maggots on them. We have never even bought groceries for this room. The room always smelt like mold. The air conditioner leaked all over the floor (literally standing water in the room) It took maintenance 3 days to come in and fix it so once again nasty smell. Very disappointed. I hope everyone else that stays here has a better experience than we did.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here in July for my cousins wedding, and I must say this place was grand. Our room was clean and the staff was super friendly and accommodating willing to go that extra mile for you. I enjoyed sitting under the gazebo while watching my children play in the pool. The indoor pool was nice to have as well for those brief rain storms that blew over from the coast. The location is only minutes away from the down town area and beaches. The price is right. I enjoyed this place and I would surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for building 2
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I booked thru Priceline. It is a Great place to stay. Close to everything. People were wonderful.
Rooms were comfortable.So nice to stay at a place that is clean. We travel alot going from Az. to Fla. and some of those hotels are just not up to speed. We loved this place and will come back everytime we are in Pensacola. It made our trip to stay in a clean friendly place. Thank You All for a nice visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was a decent room, room was large, had a kitchenette. When we first walked in, I noticed a smell. The smell was like a hospital cleaning type smell. Once we got to the room, the smell became more like a moldy smell. Again, the room was nice, but I just could not get pass the smells! The housekeepers replenished our towels and that was about it. Not much to say here but I probably could have found a better room for $99. All in all, it was decent for our 2 night stay.

Room Tip: The beach was only about 10 to 15 minutes away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mobile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for our Family Reunion weekend, July 20-22. The hotel is located in a very nice area. We had an unfortunate issue with out linen, blood was on the pillow cases and stains on the fitted sheet. I brought this to the attention of the front desk to see if housekeeping could correct the situation. No housekeeping after 8 pm. I requested the Manager and I was informed that he would be in on Monday. Needless to say he was not willing to compensate for our inconvience in having to change our own linen. I would like to suggest to anyone who lodge here to please check your linen, take photos and insist that the Manager be brought in. No Southern Hospitality. Dixon Family

Room Tip: Check linen throughly.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry about not being present to handle issues like this one.In this circumstance I would recommend to be moved immediately . In our Hotel we do not have house keepers working after about 4:30. Nor, do we have Room Service.Front Desk can give out clean linens. If you find dirty linen as you described then you should not have to touch it, in any Hotel. I find this very unacceptable in the way this event unfolded. My sincere apology to you.
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Good Hotel !! had stayed in this hotel during by business trip for almost a month. Hotel is near walmart and other eateries.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you . All of us at the Ashton In & Suites are thankful for your comments. Please stay with us again!

Been to Ashton Inn & Suites- Navy? Share your experiences!