“Close to NAS Pensacola” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
South Bend, Indiana
“Close to NAS Pensacola”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

If you are looking for accomodations near Pensacola NAS, this hotel is adequate.

The good - rooms are large and the mattress was not too hard. The floor plan is good and exterior lighting is great, along with the fenced property. Rooms were quiet as was the hotel in general - even on a holiday weekend.

The bad - the place is severely outdated. Carpets need replaced, furniture updated, colors and painting need redone.

You need to keep in mind that this is an extended stay and the primary customer are visiting military family. We did not have an unpleasant experience, but there is not a lot I can brag on this place about. It served the purpose and we slept well. Our objective was to be close to the base and we were 5 short minutes from the main gate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

We are in Pensacola for a SCUBA diving trip to the USS Oriskany w/ Viking Diving. Suburban is very close to Chico Marina, where Vikings' boat is docked. Our room was clean & reasonably priced; they gave us an additional $5 off of the rate when we told them that we were driving w/ Viking. The staff was cordial & gave us complimentary late check-out.

• Stayed June 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

After reviewing photos and reviews, my expectations were let down. The staff were creepy, rude, and not helpful. The rooms were worn down looking, very little dishes to use. Some of the floors creeked. I went in a group, one room for guys, one room for girls. When girls checked in we were given no information about the hotel. When the guys checked in they were informed of the pool, gym, etc. I was very happy we actually had guys on the trip. I would never have stayed there without them.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

The kitchens are awesome and the room was very clean. Our first impression was not good with children running unsupervised in the halls screaming and the front desk agent on his cell phone. Also the smell was very smoky in the first interior door, we later saw the front desk agent smoking, propping the door open with his foot, glancing at the desk every few minutes. Also the tile in the kitchen was uneven (the whole floor was a bit lumpy) causing us to trip. The only elevator was a bit jerky and slow.
Now the kitchen, cleanliness, and bed was very comfortable. The ac worked well and the water pressure in the shower was great. The small sponge they give you was much appreciated b/c I forgot mine.
I would not recommend this hotel for girls traveling alone. Several times there were men in the parking lot staring at us, or in the elevator and we did not feel safe. It was not a very safe invironment for single girls, families maybe, but the staff did not seem very attentive. They were polite, but they did not seem like they wanted to be there or cared how they presented themselves.

• Stayed May 2012
Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed in much much nicer, and only a couple worse. It's livable with the kitchenette, king bed was comfortable enough, but I really didn't care for it. Drinks, snacks and Ice machine for the whole place is on the first floor. Small thin towels, showers average. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody I cared about, but I was wrkg here for a few days and just slept here.

• Stayed April 2012
Warrior,Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

After calling and checking in with several hotels in the area we finally decided on Suburban. I have a large family and all of the other hotels could not accomadate us without renting two rooms. Suburban offers rooms that we could all stay in together and that is very important to me and my wife. The management was wonderful and the room was very clean. I highly recommend Suburban Extended Stay as a wonderful place to stay. My family and I really enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Yokosuka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed here for about 6 months while going to school for the Navy. The management and staff were very helpful and hospitable the whole time I was there. Got to be like you were a member of the family. Will miss them and would stay there again if I go back to Pensacola. Don't forget the cookies on Thursday.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor facing the pool are the quietest. The manager, Marty, is very accomidating an...