“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Lauderhill
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I love the versatile pillows.
The hot Breakfast buffet was excellent.
The Staff very pleasant and extremely friendly.
Yes, I would stay there again.
The location was convenient. It smelt clean and looked clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Ann B,
We are delighted to receive a wonderful review from you, we are glad you loved our pillows and breakfast buffet. It feels great to be acknowledged by guest like you for wonderful service this hotel staff provides.
Hope to see you soon again.
Comfort Inn Pensacola Management

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days. The hotel was very busy Fri and Sat, almost deserted on Sun. The place is very convenient to getting quickly to beaches, downtown as it is close by Int 10. 10 min will take you to shopping (Cordova Mall) or restaurants in downtown area. Do not miss the Farmers Market on Sat on Palafox (downtown).

Check in, after 90 min delay, was quick (did not mind the wait), the staff very helpful.
Room was OK size, but smelled of bleach. We discovered other issues (more later), but we never asked for different room. Good TV channel selection, but only 1 HBO. Room had microwave and minifridge (not silent, but not noisy either). Bed was on the softer side, but the pillows (3 firm, 2 soft) were nice (if you must bring your own, do so but there's no need). The linen (just like the towels) had seen lot of use and better days. The a/c cooled the room nicely, but it is your standard, noisy wall unit. The pool towels size felt more like hand towels.

Breakfast was above average with eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, choice of cereal, breads, pastries, etc., but limited fruit choices, e.g. bananas were available only on the last day.

We had no issues with noise coming through the walls, but plenty through the doors which had wide gaps all around.

There are maintenance & cleanliness issues (we did not mentioned these to management; they should be aware):
- broken night light in the bath
- stinky shower curtain that is in desperate need of washing
- carpet could also use some cleaning
- peeling paint by the window plus some scratches here and there
- dirty bath light
- big cigarette burn in the curtain (in a non-smoking room to boot)

Truly this should be 3.5* review, but it was not bad stay by any means and we may stay again if in the area. All depends on price. Just bring ear plugs as some of the 'guests' have no concept of common courtesy to others or good manners.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear KHL12, I thank you for your review and glad you have a great overall stay. I apologize for aspects of your stay that was not satisfactory. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you again.
Comfort Inn Pensacola Management
AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My family had the pleasure of arriving to the smell of CLEAN! We had to call and try to check in early because we were ahead of schedule...needless to say that the Front Desk Lead Chris was very accomodating. When I arrived two hours later to check in, he recognized my voice, offered a huge smile, thanked me for staying with Comfort Inn, and had me checked in within 2 minutes! I am BIG on customer service and my experience was 5 star! Thanks Chris and Staff on Davis Highway for making us feel welcome!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for Chris.
Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Comfort Inn Management.
Orangeburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for the 2nd time - for me to stay a Hotel twice says something about the place. The staff is outstanding, very helpful and friendly. The breakfast offers a great selection. The rooms have always been clean. What else could you ask for?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We Thank you for your kind words for us. Please come and see us again, as we are your Home-away-from Home Hotel. Can’t wait to make your next reservation! We Appreciate your Business.

Comfort Inn Pensacola Management.
Winters, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We arrived on a Friday afternoon, around 2:00 p.m., to be greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who was happy to inform me that our room was ready. I will make mention of the fact that we had just spent the four prior days traveling cross country from California on I-10 and stayed at several Comfort Suites properties along the way. My wife and I were encouraged when we entered our room, compared to the other two hotels we have stayed with in Pensacola, this was nice. The microwave and mini-fridge seemed very new and were in good repair. The flat screen TV was great, with plenty of channels available. The bed was comfortable with both soft and firm pillows provided. All was good to this point... Saturday morning we went downstairs around 8:30 for breakfast - no seats were available, the breakfast area is way too small for the number rooms in this hotel. There were signs for an overflow breakfast room, where there were three conference tables being used by guests to eat at; however all those seats were taken, too. We took breakfast to our room and ate there. We left the hotel around 9:30 a.m. and returned at nearly 2:30 to find the room had not been made up. We caught the housekeeping manager and asked if the room would be made up, she said that it would and that the maid had a lot of rooms to clean that day. We left again and when we returned at 4:30 the bed had been made, towels exchanged, and the trash emptied. No toilet paper was replaced, the toilet, tub, and sink areas were not cleaned, coffee packets and cups were not replaced, and the ice bucket remained just as we left it, with used liner and melted ice inside. The front desk attendant was happy to provide us with a roll of TP, and said it was strange in that some other guests also had to request additional TP. Sunday morning breakfast was worse. The selections are great, but everything was running out, from eggs to gravy to coffee. Tonya was doing her best to provide good service and keep up with the demand, but alas it was too much for one person to handle. Sunday afternoon when we returned to our room, again around 2:30 p.m. it was not made up. The maid in the hallway asked if I needed the room made up, to which I answered "Yes." When we returned around 5:00 p.m. we couldn't get into our room, the key didn't work. I went down to the desk where the clerk programmed my card key to work again, she said the girl who checked us in didn't program it for long enough. When I got back to my wife in the hallway in front of our room, the key worked. When we entered the room we found it was made up properly. Thank goodness, I was beginning to lose hope in the Choice brand of hotels. Overall, the hotel property and facility was pretty good. Housekeeping simply needs to be reminded that the comfort of guests is important to ensure repeat business. Consideration should also be given to expanding the breakfast area somehow. On busy weekends the eating area and overflow room are simply not adequate to accommodate all the guests.

Room Tip: If staying multiple days double check supplies after maid service to ensure you don't run out of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Guest Relation M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
tedandmy, I'm concerned about the housekeeping issue you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology and I agree with you, there should be no exceptions to the way service should be provided no matter how busy we are. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed the associate in charge, and the appropriate action has been taken.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Homosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wasn't sure if we would make it to FL from TX and arrived around 7 pm and we greeted cordially and did find room for us.
Room was clean, comfortable and very quiet.
Breakfast was excellent, plentiful food, clean and Tonya was cheerful and asked us if we needed anything and how the food was.
We would come back again.
elg11

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise for Tonya.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Thank You for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great location and accommodations. Breakfast was excellent. Normally I don't single a person out but I must say that the gentleman who worked this past weekend, I believe his name is Chris, went above and beyond to make sure every guest was taken care of. Will definitely be back to stay

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you, qhill29, Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I will definitely convey your message to Chris. I am glad that you choose to stay with us.

Been to Comfort Inn - Pensacola / N Davis Hwy? Share your experiences!