“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Jasper, Alabama
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Shirley and staff were very friendly.

Room was great for price. I have stayed there before several years ago.
I will return next year for another visit.
Room was clean. No problem with anything.
Staff was very helpful.

i

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Randy H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased to hear you did not experience any issues while satying with us and that you found the staff to be friendly and rooms to be clean! We look forward to having you stay again and wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Photo online is of a nice new updated room. We apparently didn't get that room. I bet that room smelled better than ours did, too.

As soon as we opened the door we where hit with an awful odor. I am being polite when I say it smelled like pet urine! Rather than ask to move to another room, I asked the front desk if they had any deodorizer. The clerk gave me some "Fabulosa," as she called it. She said not to use too much as it was really strong. So, I just used a little. About 3/4 of the full squirt bottle and it seemed to do the trick.

With the odor neutralized, the room was clean with the exception of a stain about the size of a spilled coke on the carpet and some streaking on the shower wall. One wall had a hole that had been roughly patched but not painted over.

Both beds where a "full" just like the description said and not one inch bigger. With one adult and one child in each bed we slept comfortably. The bedding was nice and clean with no stains.

The complimentary WiFi was dreadfully slow but that seems to be the norm for all of the Pensacola area.

The area around the motel was very quiet and we heard very little, if any noise from the rooms around us.

-The Bad:
>Greeted by an Awful Odor
>Small Old Room w/ Small Beds
>Stains on Carpet & Shower Wall
>Terribly Slow WiFi

-The Good:
<Very Friendly Staff
<Clean Comfortable Beds
<Quiet Area
<Air Freshener Avail. on Request!

Final Thought:
>With the quality below average and the nightly rate above average, I wouldn't recommend this motel or stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear 2XLtall,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I greatly appreciate both the "bad" and the "good" feedback so that we may address these issues with the staff immediately. I am the new General Manager, Lori Brown, as of July 1 and we will be addressing many quality issues in the coming weeks to improve our guests experience at this inn. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff so that we may prevent future occurrences for guests of the same nature. i will also address the WiFi speed with our provider to see if any enhancements can be made for this.

I am pleased to hear you encountered friendly staff and good customer service during your stay and that you found the beds to be comfortable and area nice and quiet. We look forward to better serving you in the future and wish you and your family safe travels!

Huntsville, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was the nastiest place I have ever stayed! Our first room smelled horrible of mildew. Not being one to want to complain, I thought I would suck it up and just deal with it...I mean, it was only for a night, so I thought I could deal. Well, that was until I took my shoes off and felt water squish between my toes. I went to the desk, and was given a new room. The lady was very sweet and helpful, and did switch our room without issues. The second room, still stinking, did not have water soaking in the carpet, but did have the grossest toilet stains I have ever seen. It looked as if someone had explosive bowel issues. All of this in addition to the fact that the stairs leading to the second floor feel like they are dry rotting and will break any moment, and the fact that it did not feel like a safe area. The price was decent, but I have learned you get what you pay for. I am happy this was just a room we needed for a night and was not a vacation for us, as my son and I were visiting a local college. NEVER AGAIN!!! Please, do yourself a favor and spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. It is not worth it...Looks like a No Tell, Motel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Alisha29,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so disappointed to hear you experienced a poor stay. I am the new General Manager, Lori Brown, as of July 1st and will be addressing many issues at the inn here in terms of quality. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and address the issues you've mentioned with housekeeping and maintenance. I appreciate the report on the staircase and will immediately be addressing this. I look forward to making necessary improvements to this location and hope you will give us a chance to better serve you if you are in the area again. Again we appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback; we wish you safe travels!

Ponchatoula
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked 2 rooms for an overnight stay for June 15, 2013. After I booked I read some of the reviews and was terrified as to what I may have gotten myself into. But I was very surprised when we drove in. I went straight to the front desk and was greeted by a wonderful employee named Tee!!! 1 of our rooms had no AC and there were no more rooms with double beds. But Thanks to Tee, she fixed us up with what she had to offer, 2 rooms each with king size beds. This was at 9:30pm and we just wanted a room with no hassle. Well, we got just that. Tee is a wonderful employee and accommodated us with no problem. The rooms were alittle stale from wear, but for what we paid, they were okay. I would stay there again, if we were passing through town and need a room for the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear TheDisneyMeme,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so estatic to hear you were greeted so warmly by Tee and found the inn to be a value and good accommodations for your stay! I certainly apologize for the improperly functioning a/c unit on the first room, but am happy to hear Tee was able to get you situated immediately! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you safe travels!

Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Driving in from a westerly direction, we stopped at the Florida line for a travel coupon magazine. The RRI was advertising rooms for $44.99 a night based on availability. We called and were told that they had few bookings and would honor the price. As the afternoon wore on the place started filling up and the rate jumped to $64.99. Remember, those coupons are only used to jump start the reservations. They don't have to honor them if the place is full.

This was the start of a great 2.5 day trip.

Pensacola on a budget is easy to do. The RRI gave us a clean room that really was a non-smoking room. The room didn't smell overly disinfected, just clean. Pet and smoke smells are a deal breaker, this room had none.

The bed was big and new, the satellite TV was fine, and the shower was hot. That's all we really needed and the place delivered the goods.

The staff was pleasant and sincere, especially Shirley and Robert. I wish I could remember the name of the woman that honored the coupon.

The free coffee in the office was fresh. There was a Waffle House within walking distance, Davis Hwy. had tons of retail and restaurants, the highway was easy to get to and the beach was 14 miles away. We loved watching the squirrels and robins forage in the grassy areas.

We were very pleased with our experience at this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: This RRI is pet-friendly. Always ask for a non-smoking/non-pet room. I can't wait until all hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear D D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am so very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our inn! I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team here. I am also pleased to hear you were able to see for yourself we do accept the coupons other than at peak times and that your room was found to be clean and odor free. I will be sure to thank Robert and Shirley for taking such great care of you during your stay also! We look forward to seeing you again soon when you are in the area and wish you safe travels!

Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice response from the GM but I was a walk in. You should seriously speak to your employees. They are telling people at 9am in the morning that the coupon will not be accepted. So your answer makes no sense. If you don't take it for reservations then it is not possible to be sold out at 9am. But that's ok have had a wonderful 1 week stay at the Baymont next door. Larger rooms, clean, and also no pet fee with coupon. Which guess what they always take. Don't bother printing coupons your employees will not honor.

• Stayed June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The last hotel we stayed at in Pensacola was just awful though. This one is only slightly better because the room was an ok size though I'm not sure what the world you could use that desk for. The plug in for a laptop was miles away from the desk itself! It was convenient to the I-10 so we could jump 110 and ride across the bridge to the sweet beach area in less than 30 minutes without having to pay the outrageous rate that a hotel within 10 minutes from that beach area fetches prices for. Of course lots of shops and restaurants along the way so that was a plus. Otherwise staff was ok, fire alarm went off one night during the 4 nights there turned out to be a false and breakfast was stale trash. Overall this hotel could use a modern facelift (comforters, paint, vacuums, beds, and decor) to warrant the price we paid.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Theguywhose n,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased to hear you found the location convenient with on and off access and near beaches, but still at a value. We do not serve breakfast at this location; coffee only is served in the lobby or select rooms have the in room coffee makers so I am not sure what the reference is to there? We are happy you chose our inn for your stay and look forward to serving your lodging needs again in the future if you are in the area again. We wish you safe travels!

Lori Brown

Been to Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital? Share your experiences!