“Red Roof Inn - Pensacola West Florida Hospital” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7340 Plantation Road, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Ranked #29 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
“Red Roof Inn - Pensacola West Florida Hospital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Wonderful Red Roof Inn. The beds were so comfortable and that's what we want when coming in off a long trip---a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed.

There was a bit of round about way we had to take to get to the motel because when we exited of I-10 going east, it dumped us off in only one direction when we should have gone South on Plantation Rd, but once we made a U turn we were able to wind our way around to the motel. In other words, you could see the motel but wasn't sure how to get there!

Room Tip: No tip to add
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jtipton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about our Red Roof Inn West Florida hospital. I will be sure to share this with all the team members and let them know to keep up the good work. I do agree it can be tricky getting off on exit 13. Thank you again, it is nice to her such refreshing reviews.

Kindest Regards,
J. Tipton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a big disappointment. The front staff was extremely rude and unprofessional. They had no customer service skills. As I walked in the room there was a foul odor of smoke. Although it is a nob-smoking hotel it is not enforced. The room was dirty. Hair in the sink and behind the bowl. The comforter on the bed was stained. As I was checking out the housekeepers were smoking cigars and drinking beer--really! THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED. Do not recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
jtipton, Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Please accept my sincerest apologies for your stay with us at the Pensecola West Florida Hospital. I shall share your review with the staff so that they are aware of how their duties and actions affect our guest. I wll be looking into this, Again Please accept my apologies,

Kindest regards,
J. Tipton
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I reserved a non-smoking ADA room with a roll-in shower through the Red Roof Inn website.

Front desk staffer--the same one for every day we stayed, Thurs-Sun--was a delightful and tremendously helpful woman. She was friendly and always cheerfully helped with whatever she could.

Sadly, she couldn't do much about the fact that the one available room we required in the hotel--the only open room with a roll-in shower--reeked of smoke. Nor could she do anything about the fact that our room cards kept demagnetising after an hour or so, except to simply re-magnetize the card every time we returned to the hotel. There's only so much that good customer service can do to counteract the physical limitations of the property.

The smoke smell gave me headaches and made it hard to sleep. It made everything I took into the room reek of smoke.

When I arrived home I had to launder absolutely everything that I could, shower, and leave my luggage and non-launderables that had been in the room outside to try to air out the smoke smell.

My eyes still hurt a day after arriving home and throwing out my contact lenses.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay. I have put the room, out of order, so we can eliminate the smoke smell. We also added a 2nd designated smoking area, outside, so we can enforce our 100% Non Smoking Policy in our Rooms.
We appreciate your business, and we hope you will come back to see us, on your next trip to Pensacola.

Kent, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I just stayed here one night before catching a plane early the next morning. My non-smoking room had a weird smokey smell to it, and the walls were seemed pretty thin (or the people one room over were extra loud).

Other than that, everything was fine. I was there as a female traveling by myself and I felt perfectly safe. The room was large and everything was clean. Definitely worth it for the price, but I'd probably more recommend it for quick stays or trips where you won't be spending a lot of time hanging out/relaxing in the room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our inn. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you next time you visit Pensacola.
General Manager RRI Pensacola #083
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Right off interstate but little tricky to get to. Follow the signs and you will be ok.
Check in a breeze with reservations. Room spacious with nice computer work area, chair, micro wave, refrigerator and safe. No hair dryer, but borrowed one from front desk. Great air conditioning but didn't have fan that stayed on so heard it go on an off.
Just coffee no breakfast .
Waffle House next door and Chuckie Cheese behind the motel.we were on motorcycle so like motel parking.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Red Roof Inn, Pensacola West Florida Hospital. We always enjoy hearing about the experiences our guests have at our hotels. We were just renovated, so our rooms are non-smoking now. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for your very kind comments on our hotel. Camping and motorcycle rides are fun on the beach. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next beach trip to Pensacola.

Yours in Hospitality,

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Gave me a very dirty room, the bathroom was not cleaned at all (disgusting with pee all over the place). Complained and got another room, cleaner but still not clean enough (looks like they do not clean the bathrooms after the guests leaves). And the location looks very insecure, I was afraid for my car. Along with uncomfortable beds and pillows, this is one to forget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.
General Manager RRI Pensacola #083
Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was clean and spacious. Nice, large flat screen TV, micro & fridge. Free WiFi presented no problems. Room had a great work desk and good lighting. Requested hair dryer and iron for room; never received iron. No breakfast, only coffee, offered in morning. Waffle House and Chuck E Cheese located adjacent to property. Room coffee "maker" is awful. Property looked nice and well-maintained. Although located right off interstate and expressway, my room was very quiet. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter and have a nicer view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Marleen J, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Thank you for the review you completed on our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We were just renovated, and only have Non-smoking rooms now.
Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. We look forward to seeing you again, and appreciate your business.
Yours in Hospitality,
Marleen Jones

Been to Red Roof Inn Pensacola - West Florida Hospital? Share your experiences!