“hotel Econo lodge, Pensacola, fl” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Broomfield, Colorado
“hotel Econo lodge, Pensacola, fl”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were moving and needed a place to stay. it was clean but it was scary because of people out in front yelling at each other and it being dark for 74.00 I expected a little be better accommodations. Every other hotel was booked and this was the last one so I accepted it. but hurried out the next morning. only in an emergency would I stay here again

Room Tip: AC unit was noisey
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GM7220, General Manager at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. We do not tolerate behavior as you mentioned in your review. Had the front desk staff been made aware of the problem, I can assure you it would have been dealt with appropriately.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I am a bowler and travel frequently to different cities...I chose this lodge after I was recommended by the bowling staff. This place need to be torn down and rebuilt to meet econ lodge standards.....the location is bad , the place smells bad, the breakfast is bad.. the best thing I can say about this place is the staff....very friendly ..I went to the local drug store to by lysol to spray the room down........I had pre-paid for my room so it was credit on my card, if that wasn't the case, after I saw the place i would have turned around.I was supposed to stay two nights but only stayed one. I would not go back to this place again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GM7220, General Manager at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I remember your reservation was originally for 2 nights, however, you didn't arrive until 6 am the following morning, thus being the reason you only stayed 1 night. You were assigned to one of the best rooms we have in the hotel and we received no complaints from you while you were staying with us. Had you voiced any of your concerns during your stay and given us the opportunity to address your concerns, I am sure we would have been able to satisfy you. The hotel would not be open under the name Econolodge, if it had not been approved prior to opening.
Boaz, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were just looking for somewhere to stay. No fancy no expense. We wanted somewhere to stay cheap so we could afford the rest of our vacation. This isn't the best hotel, but it was good enough for us. I was very disappointed about the breakfast. There wasn't hardly anything on the menu unless you wanted cereal. The room smelled kind of old when we walked in but the room was nice. Our king room came with a couch which I wasn't expecting, but NO fridge/microwave/ or even hairdryer! Not far from the beach and it was right in town for food and such. They are building a kids r us right next to it so I def would want to come back then.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GM7220, General Manager at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Amber,
Thank You for taking the time to leave a review of Econolodge. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the breakfast. We have added a variety of different options in hopes to have something that everyone can enjoy. We have microwaves and refrigerators for rent on a daily basis and while hairdryers are not in the rooms, they also are available at the front desk at no charge. We hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in the area. Thanks!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has the nicest staff possible. They are super friendly and go above and beyond to accommodate. My husband and I stay there with regularity. Rooms are clean, hotel is right off interstate, mall and restaurants are next door and its about a 25 minute drive to Pensacola Beach.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM7220, General Manager at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Jessika,
I was delighted to read your kind review about our staff. We realize the number of options you have when looking for accommodations in the area and we very much appreciate your business. I have shared your comments with them. It is reviews such as yours that make their challenging jobs worth it.Thank You!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked my rooms here because of having points saved up for staying in Comfort Suites. It is a little hard to find but once you find it you are good to go. The ladies working the desk was the nicest and house keeping as well. The room was so clean, very comfortable bed nice thick towels all around for the price I will stay here again and again.

• Stayed April 2013
GM7220, General Manager at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Woods,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor reveiw regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comments will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

For a one-star hotel, I checked in with low expectations. I was utterly disappointed. The whole hotel is old and smells like a moldy basement. The room was gross...SMELLY and outdated. Every channel on the small box TV was fuzzy and HBO didn't even come in. The bathroom wasn't any better, small scratchy towels, CLOGGED sink drain, barely any toilet paper left. The smell in the room was strong and smelled like an old basement, no coffee for the coffee maker, paper thin walls and floors. People were banging around in the room above me all night. There were shady type people staying there & some using the place as a long term residence, the pool was a joke...it was just a horrible experience. And I'm pretty easy to please. NEVER will I stay there again. You've been warned.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

First of all, there is no sign on the building stating the name of the place, when i got the, two guys tried to sell me a vaccum cleaner, they charge me an extra $25.00. Finally when i got to the room, ther was no paper in the room, no cups. After about 9 pm i went to the office to retreave those items. Ther where poeple just hanging out everywhere (ladies of the night). The room was shiftless (not clean) to my dogs standards. Bottom line, it my be a good place to open a homeless shelter.

Stayed October 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Pensacola? Share your experiences!