“Very Much Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Newport Beach, California
“Very Much Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the Easy Rest Inn a few weeks ago and was pleased. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable and the staff to be terriffic. The hotel was busy because there was a beach festival going on at the time I was there. Even so, the room was quite and looked to be in good shape. The bathrooms were clean and looked like new. It looked very much like the pictures to be honest. I have stayed in fancier hotels, of course, but for the price and location this hotel, i believe, was a rare find. It is an older building, so it does give off that kind of a feel. But for a nice and quiet place to rest, I found it very acceptable and highly reccomend.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 105 on the ground floor. There was no highway noise and the room was clearly easil...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
EMEasyRest, Owner at Econo Lodge Pensacola, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and recognized the great efforts of our staff to ensure a wonderful stay for each of our guests. We consistently hear that our bathrooms are amazing and that the beds and sheets are extremely comfortable. We pride ourselves in providing a clean, affordable and comfortable stay for all of our guests. We constantly strive to ensure all of our guests have the wonderful experience you seem to have had. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you at our hotel soon.

44 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We reserved online got there and realized there was no way we were staying. Very old and moldy but LOTS OF RIFT RAFT!! Men walking down the halls in their underwear and people in the lobby using harsh language! It was so bad they would not refund us the $$ but I would rather loose $50 then get raped or killed!

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are disappointed that you decided not to stay with us. Had you done so, perhaps you would have seen that our small hotel is a wonderful place for a clean, comfortable and affordable stay in the Pensacola area. We obviously frown on any guests walking around in inappropriate clothes or using inappropriate language, but we unfortunately can not control what some random few guests may do or say, but fortunately we have almost never seen such behavior you are describing here. . In any event, we all have seen that these things even happen in the highest priced and best hotels of the world. Perhaps when you are in our area again you will chose to stay with us and will see how clean and comfortable our hotel truly is. People love our comfortable beds and the new bathrooms. New quality linens and towels are constantly being purchased and rotated into all of our rooms. We have free WiFi and cable with HBO in our hotel and our pool is extremely refreshing. Thank you again for your comments.
Old Hickory, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Let me first say that my 3 rating is good in case. This place is very basic, but is clean where it counts most. The sheets and towels were all clean and unadulterated by foreign hairs. There was a small hole in the fitted sheet and the towels are not the best quality, but they were clean! This is a place where you're going to stay if you need super inexpensive, but I can assure you, our room did not creep me out in the least. Whenever I need a super cheep room, I am always scared about how it will be, but this one was good. The bathroom was very simple, but once again, clean and the shower/tun combo had just been refinished. There is no breakfast, but there are coffeemakers with coffee in the rooms. When you check-in, I would be clear with the receptionist about your room cleaning needs. We didn't have a "please clean room" tag for the door and got skipped over one day. It turns out that the cleaning staff doesn't want to go in uninvited for fear of being accused of stealing. Once re received a "please clean room/do not disturb" tag for the door, that misunderstanding was cleared up. I think this place must have new ownership because there was just a few of these small inconsistencies that happened but you can tell they are trying to all get on the same page. We stayed on the second floor as it was non-smoking, but there was no elevator. Just a few steps though. The pool looked so great every day, but we didn't swim in it. Overall I gave it a 3, but don't let that deter you if you need a comfy bed and don't want to worry about the grunge.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the parking lot side. The other side faces the interstate.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Got a king size bed that was so comfortable! Bathroom looked awesome, new tub, new tile floor and cabinets under sink. Lobby was in great shape with very staff that was very friendly and helpful! Pool was in great shape and nice and clean.

• Stayed August 2012
Paramus, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to be referred to this hotel from a relative who had fortunately stayed a week before and when I was in a bind and needed a quick accomodation in Pensacola he did not hestitate but to tell me to try out the Easy Rest Inn- Boy am I happy I did.
First, as the last review states,the beds were probably some fo the most comfortabel I have ever had in a hotel-- better than the ones I have at home.. The rooms were exceptionally clean and the bathrooms were spotless. I stayed on the second floor and ad both the room and the hallways smelled very nice and fresh. The linens sheets seemed new to me (the were certainly clean; I was concerned so I checked) and the front desk was awesome. I needed more towels and some items I had forgotten in my haste to go to a business meeting and she went out of her way to get me some.. What hotel at this price range does that?? There were no bugs in the room or anywhere that I could see on the entire property and certainly none in my bed.

Yes the furniture is not super modern and the TV's are not the high-end plasma ones, but honestly, who cares--- Im not paying $200 a night here.... lol! I had all the channels I wanted and my remote worked just fine (didnt have to leave the comfy bed!). oh, did I mention the beds had real fluffy comfortors! My biggest complaints, if I had to have any was that there was no sign in front so it was a bit hard to find (no biggie; I dont judge a book by its cover) and that there is no food service so late night snacks were out (my husband is probably happy about that though! After reading the review below I do guess the hallways are not the brightest, but that didnt turn me off either.

Overall I must say thank yuo very much Easy Rest Inn, you made a guest very happy to have found such a nice place at an incredible overall cost. I didnt miss the big guys one bit! Dont raise your prices! lol! . .

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. They have many. And yes I agree try to get something on the south side...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

OK, I've never stayed in a property like this one before but I just work too hard for my money! Cons: Strong smells of cigarette smoke in adjoining rooms that should be non-smoking, mold-mildew smell in my room, ceiling tile missing in bath which exposed pipe in bath. PROS: the best mattress I've slept on in ANY hotel in my LIFE, clean floors, new furniture, new bathrooms (even though hot water didn't work the first night). I got this room on an Internet booking site that ends in "wire" and got the room including all taxes for three nights for $150! The staff was very nice and the lobby is just beautiful. No breakfast included but get something at the store and go eat on the beach, Dude! This property was just purchased by an attorney in New York named Eddie and he has done great things with it. Plantation Blvd. has several other motels on it but why pay more when you can stay here! Don't let the fact that there is no sign in front of this place put you off and the hallways look prison-esque (not that I've been to prison personally or even visited anyone there, just referencing movies I guess). I must encourage you to Lana-size your room. 1/ bring your belongings in paper bags or canvas bags in case of bed bugs, 2/ in case of bed bugs, remove bedding and spray down with deet filled spray, 3/ lysol the room,4/ bring an oil diffuser or plug in stink box and 5/ bring a plastic bag that zips in which to put the remote (the dirtiest thing in any motel room) and zip it. The remote will still function. 5/ bring many bags of instant oatmeal to mix with the hot water from the coffee maker in the room, fruit too and voila, you've got a bed and breakfast. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY HERE! ITS SAFE AND QUIET EVEN FOR SINGLE WOMEN!

Room Tip: Room 118 was quiet make sure the hot water works and ask them to finish the ceiling so you don't...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
McDonough, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Room itself was pretty average and clean (except for the dirty, balled up socks on the floor) that weren't ours. The TV remote didn't work. The bathroom was gross! Dirty floors, dirty towels with hair on them, filthy toilet!!! Pool was small but clean. If I were you I'd check out the 3 other hotels in the same area first.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Pensacola? Share your experiences!