“Very Nice Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Very Nice Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Wife and I tried Jaco's for the first time last night and had a very nice meal. Island Style Flatbread was VERY good and both entrees were very well prepared as well and the wines were reasonably priced. Nice atmosphere although it can get a little noisy near the bar area. The view from the dining area is a HUGE plus. We'll be back!

• Visited December 2012

Pensacola, Florida
“Nice all around place for a drink and dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent location at the end of Palafox and right on the bay, great views, very cool building, staff is outstanding. Flatbread pizzas are very good, what else can I say? Excellent place for a drink and appetizer to watch the sun go down over the bay and marina.

Visited November 2012
Gulf Breeze
“Delightful martinis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My daughter and I stopped by for a cocktail after shopping all day. The Grey Goose martini was to die for. The stacked portabella dish was delicious. We relaxed and enjoyed the view. We look forward to returning.

• Visited September 2012
SAINT GEORGE
“Great food and great view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We ate a delicious lunch and had excellent service. The waiter was exceptional. The view overlooking the marina was pleasant. It was a very good experience.

Visited November 2012
Centennial, Colorado
“Denverite Loves Jaco's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I was visiting P'Cola these past 2 weeks and had been dining out quite a lot. We had been to 3 other well-known and very pricey restaurants in P'Cola that were good, however, a friend suggested Jaco's.

My son and I dined there Thursday, 10-25. First, I knew it was going to be a pleasant experience when I saw the outside of the lovely building sitting adjacent to the marina. And Jaco's sign....who can resist the sweet face of Jaco, the Wheaten Terrier....soooo cute. Ah yes, a building, a marina, and a cute dog don't make the food, but they certainly set the ambiance.

We decided to sit inside instead of the lovely outside dining. The indoor dining is clean and modern. And, we enjoyed looking at the bar. It rivals any restaurant in Denver (and we have some very good ones). The bar is very well stocked with high-end liquors. As we sat down, we experienced one of those breathtaking sunsets where it looks as if God's fingers are illuminating the sky.

Friends told us that Jaco's flatbread "pizzas" were very good. There is quite an assortment to choose from. But, I hadn't eaten all day, so I wanted something more. So many of the fares sounded wonderful. We could not decide, so my son and I both ordered several things: white flatbread, island style flatbread, bouillabaise, and grilled pork tenderloin. No we didn't eat it all, but that's ok as my son needed some leftovers in the fridge for his new apartment.

Our waitress was wonderful....very attentive. The 2 owners came by our table several times to check on us. Stephen, 1 of the owners, was extremely gracious and made certain that we were totally satisfied. He did inform us that the talented chef brings several years of experience to Jaco's from Atlanta.

Ok, the food: the bouillabaise was served with a salad of baby spring lettuces accompanied by a side of a thick balsamic dressing. The lettuce leaves were all nice and green...no wilting or disgusting "old salad" colors. The dressing you need to take a bit on your fork and then pierce your lettuce. Not difficult or clumsy, and oh so worth it as the dressing has a very light and not too vinegarey flavor. The baby sliced tomatoes were sweet and fresh.

The bouillabaise was a refreshing change to some heavier flavored ones that a diner might have previously experienced. What a great thought by the chef since P'Cola weather is hot and balmy, and who wants to eat a HOT bouillabaise when it's 90 degrees outside? Well, there was plenty of fish, shrimp and clams to enjoy. The risotto was prepared to perfection....not over or under done....just perfect. And the sausage was a wonderful way to add the fennel taste necessary for a bouillabaise. I'd say it was a unique idea in giving bouillabaise a Southern twist. In addition, there was a type of succotash vegie combination added for the vegetables....another Southern touch. I'm not certain if the legumes were baby limas or edamame, but whichever, it was delicious. The tomato saffron broth was very good; there was not too much of it so you wouldn't lose the risotto or crostina, and there was enough to enjoy it. All in all a great choice.

According to my son, the pork tenderloins were great. Very, very tender and juicey....not dried out. It was served with new potatoes, which were as they should be, a little sweet. I can't comment on the flavor, but he said it was the best meal he had eaten in P'Cola. And, without mentioning any competition, he had a very, very expensive steak the previous week, and he felt that his pork tenderloin....hands down.....was much better. My son loves pork and orders it frequently when we dine out. He loved it and would order it again.

We both enjoyed our flatbread pizzas. Taste and presentation were excellent. I would recommend getting a flat bread pizza as an appetizer and share it with your SO before your entree....that way you can enjoy Jaco's flat breads and something else.

We also ordered dessert. My son had the homemade key lime tart. I had the chocolate caramel tart served with strawberries and fresh whipped cream. All we can say is yum, yum.

Our son is a Navy Officer stationed here, and he will certainly be back again to enjoy the sunsets with his fiancee.

Between our initial impression, ambiance, food, and service, we give Jaco's 2 big thumbs UP or 5 stars.

• Visited October 2012