“Don't miss the fried chicken” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Adana, Turkey
“Don't miss the fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great Southern food, live music, and a friendly atmosphere - what else do you need? I've enjoyed every meal I've ever had at Five Sisters. We take our out-of-town guests for a taste of our Southern culture. People are always blown away by the chicken and waffles. Trust me. Try it. You can thank me later.

Visited October 2012

“Great expereince..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you love jazz music and great southern cooking in a relaxed atmosphere, Five Sisters is for you. Go on Sunday and enjoy music while you dine.. Sometimes a short wait for a seat..

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MCMINNVILLE
“Our foodie party really enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went early to avoid a crowd and loved it! The sampler appetizer platter is great! Good crab cakes, shrimp and perfect fried green tomatoes. A bit hard to find but well worth it!

Visited October 2012
Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good Food, Horrible Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Five Sisters early on a Friday evening, so we expected somewhat of a wait. However, we didn't expect it to take two and a half hours from start to finish to get seated and served, to eat, and to pay our bill to leave. We waited a full 30 minutes or more for an indoor table, and when we finally got inside, we initially couldn't figure out why it took so long, because there were several empty tables, and we had been watching patrons coming and going while waiting. We later realized it's because the service is so painfully slow that they can't get people fed and out the door. I had been perusing the menu and knew what I wanted, which included dessert that I don't normally order, but it took probably a half hour just to get our drinks ordered and delivered to us. I ordered the big country fried steak with the gravy on the side, and it was a massive portion of meat but with far too little gravy. Given how scarce our server was, I never bothered to ask for more. The garlic mashed potatoes didn't taste homemade or fresh and were only so-so, but the country green beans were great and reminded me of how my grandmother used to make hers. My husband wanted to order something that he's never tried before off the entree section (maybe the chicken and waffles?), which says that entrees come with two sides, but when he went to order the sides, the server told him that the dish doesn't come with sides, so he had to change what he'd had his heart set on for about an hour by that time. Very disappointing, and the menu should have specified this. As I said, service was painfully slow. Our server was very nice but walked passed us to other tables numerous times and didn't immediately refill our beverages, let us know how much longer it would be, or ask if our food was okay, so she left a lot to be desired, and it appeared to be that way throughout the restaurant. By the time we finished eating, I no longer cared to wait an extra half hour to get dessert, so after waiting a long time for our server to bring our check, my husband finally had to flag down our server to ask for it, but then she never came back to cash us out. After another 10-15 minutes or so, my husband went up to the greeter to ask him to cash us out, but none of the two or three people standing there could do it, so we waited even longer for our server. We were seated near the door and watched patrons come and go all night, but very, VERY slowly, so we know that it wasn't just our server but the overall service at Five Sisters that is lacking. The high point of the evening was getting to hear a musician get set up and start playing some real jazz music, so that was nice. I loved the food and ambiance, but unless we came back for a late afternoon dinner when there are few diners there, I doubt that I could ever drag my husband back in there. I also know that I personally don't think the food is so outstanding that I'm willing to take two and a half hours or more to dine there. No matter how good the food is, if the service isn't at least average, then it's not worth the bother.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Decatur, Alabama
“Five Sisters is Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We visited Five Sisters Blues Cafe on a Saturday night. We arrived just after 7:00 pm and thought there would be a long wait based on the number of the cars in the parking lot. However, our party of six was seated promptly. The brick walls were coved with paintings of jazz legends and the atmosphere was lively.

Our waitress was named Claudia and she was very attentive and friendly. Since I had never eaten chicken and waffles, I chose that. The fried chicken was pretty good and so was the waffle but I only received one small container of syrup, it should come with two. I ordered a side of collard greens but I didn't care for them, they had on odd taste. My husband ordered the pulled pork; he noted it was fairly good. My sister and her husband also had the chicken and waffles and they thought it was excellent.

At 8:00 pm a blues band started playing. This was the best part of the experience.

Over all I thought the atmosphere and service were better than the food but I would definitely try it again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere