“Great HGI with a Kick” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 60 hotels in Pensacola
Wichita, KS
“Great HGI with a Kick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is the usual consistent HGI except this one has a great chef serving up more than the usual great american grill options. They offer a lot of very tasty options you never see at any other HGI. The hotel is very clean with an updated look. The room was your standard room. My room and bathroom were very clean. The bed comfortable as usual. Great location only 5 minutes from the airport. This is one of the nicer HGI's I've stayed at. I will stay here again next time I'm in Pensacola.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Sarasota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

stayed here before and loved it! But found that this time the bed ( w adjustable firmness) was very comfortable, the desk chair in this room was broken AND the bathtub/shower faucets were located behind an unmovable shower door, so that when turning on the water you get sprayed!! What a poor design for a major hotel chain. Maybe different rooms have different beds and designs?? Service was great. Restaurant is nice. Sunday buffet is 5-star over the top!

Room Tip: When making a reservation ask for room w shower controls accessible by an open shower door. Check fu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hoover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

The HGI-Pensacola Airport has always been a winner when it comes to location, consistency, service, beds, breakfast and staff - and now I've got to add customer service/positive resolution of problems to that list!

When I checked in last week, I noticed a musty smell in the room. Upon reporting it to the front desk, a staff member was dispatched with "Fabreeze," and an attempt was made to remedy the situation. When that did not work, the hotel night clerk personally came up to the room, took a "whiff," pronounced the room as "unacceptable" and moved me to another room (same location in the hotel, just one floor higher). And when I say "moved me," I mean that he not only brought the key with him when he came up to check on my complaint, but also physically helped me make the move.

The breakfast buffet is terrific, and has just about anything you might want...and if its not on display, they'll make it for you, as in my mushrooms-onions-tomatoes-spinach omelete. The omelete-maker was a young man named Chris (originally from Puerto Rico, more recently south Florida and now Pensacola - I know because the server wanted him to hear my positive reaction to the omelete first-hand), and he made one of the best-tasting, properly cooked and appropriately stuffed custom omeletes I've ever had.

Many of these buffets have dried out oatmeal, but not here...ditto for low quality bagels, but these were a lot better than the typical "Lenders-style" frozens that you see too often...and there was an assortment of yogurt (too often, its one flavor per day, and its typically the same banana-strawberry that I can't stand). The server was attentive and friendly. It was also a nice touch to see the hotel's general manager come down and eat breakfast there, too! About the only negative to the breakfast was the orange juice, which was very mediocre at a time of the year when there should be some pretty good fresh-squeezed available.

You simply can't ask for a better location - everything from a McDonald's with a full kids playground to the Pensacola Ale House (large sports tavern with more screens than anyplace I've been in years, plus excellent food with a surprising variety and large portions), there are more than 40 restaurants within a five-minute drive and they even have a free shuttle to/from the airport.

The business center has what you need (two computers, two printers, separate copier machine/fax, plenty of supplies), the fitness center has lots of aerobic machines (but very little for lifting) and the small bar is complemented by a pretty good restaurant. Another nicety - there is a traffic light at the entrance to the driveway (which is shared with an office supply store and a private medical facility), so you can turn left out of the hotel if you need to do so.

All told, I give the property a top rating.

One other "drawback" - the fresh, warm cookies that greet you at check-in are clearly NOT low-fat or low sugar, but they are addictive!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, make sure you ask for a room facing the rear of the hotel becaus...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HGIGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor and for taking the time to share details about your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that there was a musty odor when you first checked in; that is certainly not a standard at our hotel. We are happy to hear, however, that our staff was able to take care of your concerns in such an accommodating maner.

Outstanding customer service is our #1 goal and we encourage our staff to build a personal connection with every single one of our guests. It’s great to hear, that our employees are able to go that extra mile and make you feel comfortable.

I also appreciate your positive comments regarding our breakfast, location, business center, and fitness room…all are areas that we take great pride in!

Thank you for staying with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Dick Tanner
New Albany, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel a couple days ago for business and was very pleased... This is probably the best place in Pensacola for a hassle-free stay at a new property (can't be 2+ years old), at a great price, too. The friendly team at the front desk (I didn’t get warm cookies but saw in a review earlier) and well-appointed lobby with small bar & restaurant makes this a good find here... The room was very clean and comfortable and I felt it had everything you need to make your stay enjoyable / workable. Loved the bed, although it took me a while to adjust it, I ended up having a good night sleep. Oh another good point (or two) the Airport is a mile away, the Cordova Mall is a mile in the other direction and so is I-110 so it is easy to get anywhere in Pensacola from the hotel.

Nice team at the hotel... I hope to get back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winter Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel in Pensacola for a hassle-free stay at a gorgeous like-new property, at a great price, too. From the friendly greeting at the front desk (warm cookies a nice touch for a weary traveler) and well appointed lobby with small bar & restaurant to the super clean and comfortable guest room that has everything you need to make your stay enjoyable. Loved the extremely comfortable bed and slept well. Airport is a mile away, so is I-110 so it is easy to get anywhere in Pensacola from the hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HGIGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear JanetLee,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We appreciate your time and are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Outstanding customer service is our #1 goal and we are glad to hear, that our staff was able to deliver an exceptional experience.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Dick Tanner
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We only needed a hotel near the Pensacola airport for an early flight. Maybe I've never stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn before, but I was really impressed. It is a pretty hotel, very very clean with nice staff. Since we were only staying for airport access we didn't use many of the amenities, but the pool looked nice. The airport shuttle took 2 minutes to get to the airport and the driver was a sweetheart. I was mostly impressed that the hotel was set up to make things easy and accessible for the guests. Oh, and fresh baked cookies are a bonus!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Exactly what a business traveller wants. Convenient to airport and business less than a 10 minute shuttle ride. Clean rooms that include the adjustable sleep bed! Quiet at night considering location. Business Center average but Fitness Center better than average. Great staff friendly and helpful with directions. Also close to shopping and restaurants. Not something I used but certainly an attractive amenity for many. With my Hilton Status I was upgraded without asking and got all the expected, but sometimes forgotten, perks. Compared to several other options close by, which I have stayed at, the Hilton Garden has earned my repeat business.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center? Share your experiences!