“Awesome property, awesome staff, great restaurant, superb service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center

You added Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1144 Airport Boulevard, Pensacola, FL 32504   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #6 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Doral, Florida
“Awesome property, awesome staff, great restaurant, superb service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have now stayed at this property continuously since October 2010 to the present (August 2009) alomst once per month, and often every week for nearly 6 months. I cannot say enough how wonderful, welcoming, warm and caring the staff is. Even when I had not been back for two months, upon my arrival, the front desk staff, the restaurant staff, the managers and the housekeeping staff all remembered me, what I did for a living, and what I liked. I have to say, I have been totally spoiled by this property. They are relatively new (2 years old I think) and the property is EXTREMELY well maintained. There is a fitness center (not too bad) a pool and a hot tub. Rooms are spotless, fresh and roomy. They have Hansgrohe shower heads and granite countertops everywhere - even in the non-suite rooms with a little banquette area with a fridge, coffee make and microwave oven. The beds are the elect comfort style so no problem finding a comfortable setting either. Lots of dining choices nearby too, but to be honest, their in-house cook is very good - this is perhaps some of the best hotel food I've had from a property in this category anywhere. They have this wicked orange butter with in-house made soft rolls that I have to make myself stay away from they'er so yummy. This property even has a mini conference center. Their Sunday Brunch is EXCELLENT and have live music. They also have a free shuttle to any place you want to go nearby and free high-speed wireless internet service (or wired if you prefer). I've stayed at the Homewood Suites nearby once because they were sold out, and when I did, I was kind of homesick! You will not be disappointed with this property!!

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the upper floors, in the northeast side of the building. These rooms overlook...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
HGIManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! We know exactly who you are and are looking forward to your return visit. We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and the Hilton Family of Hotels! We thank you for your business and it's always a pleasure to have you at our HGI!

It is our #1 goal to provide outstanding customer service and there is nothing better, than to hear, that we live up to our promise!

Our Executive Chef and kitchen staff thank you for the compliments and are happy to hear that you enjoy our homemade speciality items. The orange butter is one of our guest favorites!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon - we are your "home away from home"!

HGI Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Diamond Hilton Honors Member

The room in which I stayed was what I had requested in my reservation. No room issues was a clean and well equipped suite. A little more expensive than other hotels in Pensacola but is in a better area unless you are staying on the beach. Hotel could use a better selection of television stations which was very poor basic, basic cable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HGIManagement, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
I am happy to let you know, that we are in the process of upgrading our cable provider and adding 50 additional channels to our current listing, and the majority of channels are HD! Some of the rooms have already been upgraded and we are hoping to complete the entire upgrade within the next two weeks!
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Warm Regards,
Assistant General Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

It might be a relatively new hotel but my overall experience was not favorable.
To start the housekeeping staff did not routinely take out dirty glassware, my room was often missing clean towels and I waited three days for pillow cases to be put on one of my pillows. Someone elses candy wrappers stayed on the floor in my room even after I asked specifically for this to be taken care of. My key cards were turned off twice during my stay and one night when I returned to my room the door to my room had been left open by the cleaning staff. When they emptied my coffee pot they didn't always clean the sink afterwards, Maybe this was my fault for not leaving coffee in the pot?
The above were some of my personal experiences. Co-workers had Merlot spilled on them in the restaurant, we waited over an hour for dinner and were never served our salads without any reduction in the price of the meal. Another co-worker had Oakleys disappear from his room during his stay. The walls are thin enough that you can hear your neighbor's snoring and alarms.
At some point during the stay "i'm sorry" didn't make much of a difference.

Room Tip: Facing the back of the hotel was preferable
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Clinton MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This Hilton is wonderful! The employees are all so nice and courteous and wanting to please! The room was beautiful and the pool area is great! The only complaint we had was our room had not been cleaned when we returned around 2:30p in the afternoon but other than that, everything was perfect!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
HGIManagement, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our employees work very hard to exceed all of our guests expectations!
I am sorry to hear, that Housekeeping did not clean your room until late in the afternoon. On sold out nights they work until 5pm, to ensure all rooms are clean and replenished!
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. Thank you for staying with us!

Hilton Garden Inn Management
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This is a brand new, very nice HGI. As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay at HGI very often and find them a very good choice. This hotel is above average for the chain, with excellent service, clean and modern rooms, and great shuttle service. It is located right next to Sacred Heart Hospital and within close distance to the airport and many restaurants. I highly recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We traveled to this hotel and were very surprised with the excellent service we had starting with our check in. Every morning we were greeted with a smile by Mark and he served us breakfast. He went above and beyond great service. We had dinner there one night and sweet little Erica treated us like royalty. The beds were so comfortable. The only thing that annoyed us was our room was only cleaned once. We actually ran out of toilet paper and had to ask. We would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
havelock, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights and experienced, without doubt, the best service I have ever encountered in a hotel chain. From the drivers of the shuttle bus (both arriving and departing) to reception staff, room service and the delightful staff on the breakfast buffet, they were genuinely friendly, cheerful and willing to please. Don (who drove me back to the airport) explained it was a new hotel and everyone was committed to achieving a high standard of service to maintain the hotel at the top of the Hilton Garden Inn hierarchy. At the rate they are going they will be number one before long.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Pensacola Airport -Medical Center? Share your experiences!