“Very unfriendly experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 8 Pensacola B&B and Inns
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Very unfriendly experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

If you're white, if you're military, if you're elderly, if you have a family, or if you have any sort of medical condition or emergency that may require assistance, avoid this place like the plague. My husband and I have stayed here for three months and have had the worst experience. It's very loud and noisy at night both during the week and on the weekends, there is a lot of crime that they allow getting away with on and around the property, you can constantly smell marijuana and other drugs from down the hall-ways and coming out of the rooms, and the employed staff here (including housekeeping) are the most aggressive and unfriendly to military and the elderly. They just informed us today that they will not be renewing our stay because my husband, who is a four-time OIF/OEF infantry combat veteran, had a medical emergency and needed transport to the hospital via ambulance where he had sudden cardiac arrest. Their words were, "It attracted too much unwanted attention." We witnessed this very same thing happen, only less than a month ago, when an elderly woman required emergency medical attention.
Do not stay here if you didn't just crawl out of the ghetto; you will regret it if you do.
The rooms are ok for the price; kitchenettes with a two plate stovetop, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Unfortunately, the shelf guards in our refrigerator, we found broken when we got here, as well as the filter inside of the A/C unit, and we found black smudges all over the walls in different places - that even we couldn't get up with a rag and bleach.
Most of the rooms also smell like mildew and mold; we had to look at several rooms before we found one that didn't.

Note: This is a fair and unbiased review, as we have had no other complaints with any other hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ok, it could have been worse. In fact, after the night we spent at the closest hotel to "The Base" (Pensacola NAS) we felt that it was luxurious. I especially liked that the room did not smell of cigarette smoke. However, after a few days we rather regretted not paying more to stay somewhere else.

The room was actually pretty nice and clean although there were few amenities. We had cable TV, nice big desk and a nice kitchenette. In fact, for the price, I was not going to complain, but I did not like that they did not give you new towels until you took the old towels down to housekeeping for a trade. I was annoyed that the replacements were not always as nice as the ones we had before. Also, they never come clean the room at all until you check out. What bothered me most was that the neighbors were making noise all night and only stopped when it was time for me to get up to catch our early morning flight.

I should mention that it was within walking distance of McDonalds and Subway. I walked to McDonald's every morning because I need my coffee!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Midland, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed here last Christmas because my in-laws house was so crowded. We checked in and stayed one night and checked out the next day because the room was so disgusting. When we told the front desk they advised us where the dollar store was so we could purchase cleaner ourselves. They did not refund our remaining days because it was a " weekly rate". So I lost $200 and ended up sleeping on my in- laws couch. Did I mention that I was pregnant during all this as well? Don't even bother being lured by the price, you will regret it.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Hartselle, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

awful!!!!! there were thugs hanging around the doors smoking at all hours of the day and night and laying in the grass (half of which i do not think were guest at the hotel!) i had to go out and buy a cord so that i could use the internet because the front dest said that they do not provide them! there was a man working the front desk and 9 times out of 10 he wasn't there when you needed assistance. one day i went out and came back to find the front desk worker and his girlfriend(?) were sitting out side smoke and bragging about how they had went and gotten the chairs they were sitting in at wal-mart. (you would think he would be doing his job instead of going to wal-mart to get chairs to sit in outside!?!) there were huge bugs crawling around in the halls and the stairwell smelt awful!! there is also limited parking so if you want a parking spot, get there before dark (1 - because you want a spot and 2 - because you don't want to be in the parking lot after dark!!!!) i was not aware that there was a fitness center (as mentioned in one of the other reviews) but the hotel may have closed it along with the swimming pool! it was no fun to be there in the middle of the summer just to find out there there is no pool to relax in! the hotel also does not supply any dishes, pots, pans, silverware, etc., for the kitchenette so if you are dumb enough to stay here and plan on cooking in your room, better bring everything you need!! the price of the hotel is very cheap but definitely not worth it! stay somewhere else, don't waste your money on this dump!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Pensacola, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

The Ashton Inn on 910 N. Navy Boulevard may look nice in appearance on the exterior, the lobby may even make you feel warm and fuzzy. This place is terrible and nothing like the pictures it shows on the web site. Sailors(military) beware of this location. It may be convenient, but Oh so not worth it. Front desk service, yeah it's nice until you sign your name, after that your done. Phone would ring forever and nobody answers, you walk to the front desk and several times I caught the clerk entertaining in the lobby with friends, just jabbering away. I even got an attitude from one of them after I said I had been calling several times. The Gym is a complete joke, it's rusted out, the cables are broken and the treadmills are sluggish if they work. If your concerned about your safety, I'd stick with the gym on base. They also advertise HIGH SPEED INTERNET, well if I was lucky I had it about 3 of the 7 days in a week. I was here for several months taking a C-school on Corry and I had to spend many times inconveniently going to the computer center on base. Nope I couldn't come to my room and relax and take care of business on the internet, I had to go back to base to get my business done. Oh, one last thing; When I did complain at the front desk, I was told I could always go somewhere else. Please!!, use your perdiem and stay somewhere better, a few more minutes drive is definitely worth it. One good thing is it had cold A/C. It didn't help that the beaches were closed either.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010 via mobile

I'm in my room as we speak and I can't wait to find me another hotel in the morning! I had to go down the street to Wal-Mart to buy cleaning supplies because the sink looked like it had not been cleaned in months...mildew under the faucet handles that turn the water on; one of the blankets on the bed has red candy on it so I'm assuming that house keeping hardly washes these sheets and blankets; if you look out side, you will see that the grass is at least three feet tall in the back; the stairs coming up to my room is laced with trash, cigarrette butts and dirt! AND THE TELEPHONE IN THE ROOM JUST UNDERWENT A MAJOR SCRUB DOWN...FILTHY! Don't come here!

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Ashton Inn Extended Stay - Corry? Share your experiences!