“Not what the pictures show” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Pensacola West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2591 Wilde Lake Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32526   |
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not what the pictures show”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't know where other reviewers come up with 5 Stars for this place but this hotel hadn't been updated in years (not what the pictures show). It was quite possibly one of the worst nights of sleep ever. We stopped over 1 night on a trip to the beach and it was late in the evening, yes it was only $62 including tax but we've stayed in nicer places for that amount. I was afraid to touch the remote or alarm clock or much of anything that was affixed to the room.

Room Tip: There may be some updated rooms based on the pictures on the website, if there are, please stay in o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Athens, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a very clean hotel for the price. Breakfast was decent. We where a little put off by the owner (indian guy.) We do smoke and where not able to get a smoking room and where fine with that but he kept telling us over and over ( no smoking in the room! no smoking in the room) until the point of being rude. We did NOT smoke in the room and did NOT appreciate him telling us that EVERY time we went to the lobby. Other than that which I think is just a cultural misunderstanding- the hotel was nice. Has a nice pool. Rooms are small. The hotel was quiet and not alot of foot traffic outside at night ( I know because we went outside during the night to smoke several times.) It was kind of far from the beach too. Not far from the interstate so the trip to pensacola beach/santa rosa island really isnt bad. 20- 25 mins drive. May I suggest that you pay the $10 for a week admission to the state park Ft. Pickins. It is a nice beach- more private and worth taking the family.

Room Tip: You can stay on Pensacola beach for about the same amount if you go to vacation rent by owners websi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Me and my husband had a stop over for overnight while travelling to Orlando. We found out exit 7 on highway I-10 is the hub of hotels. dint know which one to go in to since there were so many, so stopped over at the gas station at the exit, called my daughter in Orlando, and she checked online and got back to us saying Red Roof Inn at exit 7 was the best budget hotel of all. So we pulled into Red Roof Inn, and we were attended well and we got a room for around $80. We checked into the room and it was clean and neat and quite reasonable for the price. The sheets were clean and air conditioning was working well unlike other hotels, the bathroom was neat and plenty of towels and though there was no bath tub, who needs one when all we need is to stay for a night, but the shower head was good with ample pressure. The gentlemen at front desk was kind enough to bring us some tooth brushes to our room which we forgot to pack. The room had small fridge, microwave and ironing board and hangers , just about all we need and expect in a hotel. We were served complimentary breakfast in the morning right before we left to continue on our trip to Orlando. I must say the overall stay was very comforting and it was quiet and pleasant stay. I highly recommend this hotel to others. For about $80 for the night, it was well worth it. I sure would stay back here when travelling back from Orlando after our vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Has the bathroom and shower of a Sleep Inn. Probably a franchise change. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The location is great, being near both restaurants and a gas station. Easy access to I-10 or Pensacola. I'll probably stay here when in the area in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was the highest rated on tripadvisor that was pet friendly and under $100.00. I have to say I was not impressed, but there was nothing really wrong with it either. Besides the blood spot on the wall above the headboard, the room was realativley clean. The water pressure was awful, but that's not the hotels fault. We paid $10 extra for a Superior King room, but I don't think it was worth it. I'd hate to see what the standard room looked like.The furniture was junky and arranged weird. The fridge/mirco was right inside the front door, which didn't shut correctly. The breakfast consisted of danish, bagels and coffee, not very outstanding. But, it's free so who can complain. The location was perfect, right off the insterstate which is exactly what we needed. I just think the price is too high for what you get, and considering other comparable hotels in the area were much less. There is no fee for the pet though, so that made up for it a little. If I stay in the area again, I will be trying a different hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra for the "Superior" room, unless you must have a king bed
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hubby and I stayed here during our winter roadtrip and we hated it. Now I am not a frequent Red Roof Inn guest, but this place put a bad taste in my mouth. The room we stayed in looked NOTHING! like the professional pictures.

Let me repeat...the room we stayed in looked NOTHING like the professional pictures. Our room looked like a bad 80's motel room. Everything from the decor, the bed sheets, just everything was outdated.

I'm hoping this place had a serious remodel since then, because the advertisement if not is seriously misleading. I triple checked to make sure this was the same hotel we stayed at and it is.

I would only recommend this place to travelers with pets. I'm talking about obnoxious barking and potty training type of pets.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had a great experience while staying at this hotel, due to the excellent service given to me by Hari P. I am thankful for him going the extra mile to make my stay superb, and also the fact that I left my iphone charger in the room, and I called 2 days later, he found it, and mailed it to me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Pensacola West? Share your experiences!