“Don't skip this one !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lee House

Lee House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pensacola
Lee House
400 Bayfront Pkwy, Pensacola, FL 32502   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Pensacola B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Don't skip this one !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Top notch B&B with many hospitable touches that distinguish it as destination if you are anywhere near this area. You will not be disappointed by the rooms, comfort, casual but inviting common spaces, breakfast nor hospitality of Norma. Exceptional !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I can't think of enough good things to say about the Lee House. I'm a rather picky traveler with high expectations, but they more than exceeded all of them. Norma is an amazing hostess with that rare gift for both easy conversation and sensing when it's time to elegantly wrap it up. The Lee House is her baby and her good taste permeates everything from the decor to the luxurious touches throughout. They have a great website that answers a lot of questions, so I'll just fill in little tidbits here and there.

The linens must be experienced to be believed. I know, I know, how exciting can sheets really be, right? Well, slip into one of these beds and you'll be a believer. Unfortunately, if you want to go to Pandora's store and buy some to take home, be prepared for massive sticker shock as these linens run high into the thousands just for one bed.

Our room overall was spacious and well appointed with nice furnishings and a modern television. The bathroom was huge with a large soaking tub and walk-in shower that felt a lot like the Waldorf in NYC. Everything was immaculately clean and we felt immediately at home here. There are also a couple guest refrigerators around the house that are well stocked with complimentary non-alcoholic beverages.

The location is excellent and you're about 5-10 minutes walk from many great restaurants, galleries, nightlife, etc. The Lee House also has bicycles you can borrow though we never had time to take them up on this.

Breakfast was amazing as is evident from the other reviews. I would like to add that we were late risers, but Norma made up everything fresh for us even though other guests had eaten much earlier.

There is one drawback you should be aware of: this place is popular and can be booked well in advance especially in wedding season. Weekdays are not as bad, but weekends can fill up early so plan ahead. We liked it so much we wanted to extend our stay by a few days but they were completely sold out. We'll definitely stay here again next time we're in town though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Lee House during the Seafood Festival. I am an art vendor and the location (adjacent to Seville Square) was perfect. The place is absolutely beautiful and well run. The owners are very hands-on and accommodating. This is one of the rare places that the photos represent exactly what you should expect. The scale of the map that I looked at was hard to interpret and we were actually closer then I thought to the event we were attending. I can't say enough about how nice the owners are. The decor, the bedding, the food, the grounds....everything is A+! My only advice to travelers would be to bring a sound machine or earplugs if you don't plan to get up early. We were in the downstairs room and could hear the conversations and activities in the common area at times. This is a wonderful place for a romantic get-away. There are good places to eat within walking distance. Just a perfect home away from home.

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with room choice. I think they are all excellent. There is even...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Lee house is not only one of those hard to find places you feel comfortable while away from home ... you feel like you ARE home. When you walk into the front door the sense of history and attention to comfort are apparent. Beautiful wood floors, a wonderful collection of things past with a nod to those things present allow you to form your own opinion concerning your stay in historic Pensacola.
Lee house is a perfect location for exploring the old and finding the new. The rooms are articulated with perfect inflections of comfort and charm. And I must say, after 35 years of travel, hands down THE most comfortable mattresses and linens I have ever encountered.
Not only a perfect location, the food in the morning is amazing (there are no capitalizations which can evoke this).
Norma and Patrick are the perfect owners for a property like this. You feel so welcome when you enter, yet so sad when you leave.
If given the chance, one should have the Lee House experience.

• Stayed September 2012
Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place is absolutely stunning. The quality of everything provided -food, bedding, decor- was first class, there's even a cupboard full of different firmnesses of pillows so you can sleep as comfortably as possible.there's a very state of the art air conditioning system in the bedroom too so you never overheat The owner is extremely accommodating and cooks a selection of breakfast items every morning for the guests. The banana bread is delicious, as are the gritts. Cold soft drinks are available all the time from the fridge on the same floor as your room which is very much needed in a Florida Summer. The location is beautiful, make sure you ask for a bay view if it's available. The shared veranda is fantastic to pass the time on, watching the birds and the water. Opposite is a brilliant venue that provides food, drink and live music. Up the road is the historic district and a lot of great bars and music venues. Just don't stand on the soil at night as the fire ants will bite you.

Room Tip: Get a bay view
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent a wonderful week at the Lee House during a recent vacation to Pensacola. The accommodations were superb, and the entire property is beautifully appointed and kept in immaculate condition. Our room was truly inviting, and overlooked both Seville Square and the bay. I can not say enough about the absolutely delicious breakfast served up by Norma each morning - truly a great way to start the day. Norma and Pat are extremely gracious hosts, and made us feel like a part of their family. We were never at a loss for conversation at the breakfast table, and I have to admit that on some mornings I felt like just sitting and chatting with Norma for the day. The property is adjacent to Seville Square and within a two minute walk to the historic district. Locally there are numerous restaurants, galleries, shops, and entertainment venues within easy walking distance from the Lee House, which made getting around and seeing the sights very easy. Whether on business travel or vacation, here are some activities and establishments I would recommend: take a tour of the historic district and its museums; for beer lovers, belly up to the bar or grab an outside table at the Pensacola Bay Brewery for a taste of their craft beers; for the sweet tooth, try Dolce for a great gelato; and only a short drive away is the Naval Aviation Museum, which rivals the Smithsonian in both size and exhibits - it is free and I would recommend taking one of the tours once you arrive. Our stay at the Lee House was magnificent, and we will certainly stay there again during our next visit to Pensacola.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lydia, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I just had a wedding reception at this venue, and everything was wonderful, Mrs. Norma was so helpful and so pleasent to be around, she made everyone feel at home, I would recommended this place to anyone intrested in staying in Pensacola or wanting to have an wedding there, it was worth every penny!! I promise you will be totally satisfied with all of there services, also if you do stay I highly recommend either planning a dinner or have chef blake cater your wedding!! His food is absolulety amazing!! Thanks again for everything Chef Blake and Mrs. Norma, I promise me and Josh will be back!!!

Thank you so much!!
My wedding day turned out absolutely wonderful and it was everything I ever dreamed of with your help!!!

Michelle Reaux

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lee House? Share your experiences!