“Great place to spend the night” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great place to spend the night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Can't really say much, since we just stayed here overnight. We were driving from Houston to Orlando, and we chose this hotel to spend the night. You get a clean room, clean bathroon, clean beds, free wifi, and free breakfast - everything that an overnighter can ask for.

I definitely won't hesitate to stay here again if I ever find myself in the Pensacola area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CISPNSFL, Front Office Manager at Country Inn Suites Pensacola W, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and everything our facility has to offer. Hope you stay with us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brighton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We came from another area hotel which had roaches in the room and very dirty bath tubs. We checked in late and dealt with the GM. He was so incredibly nice and helped us to find a deal and get 10 of us a very nice place for the night. Pool and hot tub were wonderful. The breakfast was amazing too with many options to please everyone. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to hear that our General Manager was so good to you and met your needs as necessary. We look forward for your next stay with us and will be just as amazing as the last time you stayed!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is one of the nicer Country Inn Suites I've stayed at. The cleanliness of the room and bathroom were perfect. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was great and so was the coffee. I'm a Buisness man so Wi-fi connectivity was very important and this hotel surpassed my expectations. Overall I enjoyed my stay very much I'd come back again and recommend my family and friends.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Wi-Fi connection as well as the attentiveness of our staff. We look forward to your next stay.
Hermitage, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This Country Inn really surpassed my expectations. I came in without a reservation for an overnight stay and they accommodated me immediately the room was very nice, spacious and clean. Very convenient location, affordable, clean rooms and a superb staff. Couldn't really ask for anything more. Had an excellent experience with the hotel as well as the staff, he went above and beyond to assure I had a great stay. Will definitely be staying here again as soon as I can.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt like a king. We look forward to your next stay.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Country Inn Suites Pensacola W. 2607 Wilde Lake Blvd, Pensacola, FL 32526, along with several family members.
We occupied several rooms.
It is a decent place, even nice in a few ways, but at a cost of $150 per night, we were surprised that we all had to ask for additional TP, because so little is kept in the rooms.
I was also very surprised and disappointed that the clerk spoke loudly, repeating back the credit card number used for a "call in booking".
As one of our family members fell ill, and needed to cancel; we found that if you book through the 1-800 number, you are allowed a 24hr advance notice limit for cancellations, but if you book by calling the hotel directly, the limit is 48hrs.
It appears this place is suffering from the illnesses suffered when accountants are allowed to determine company policy.
The "hot breakfast" items were only refilled in small amounts, seemed like they were holding back a bit to control take-rate.
The size of the coffee cups reminded me of tiny restroom dixie cups.
Saturday-Sunday morning breakfast service does not start till 7am.
This place is much better than a flea-bite motel, but after being treated like a king at Hampton Inn for a recent 40-night run, for $50 per night less, I was able to see this place is a little sub-par for what they are charging.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount. If they require full price, try elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lake Charles, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Arrived at the hotel at 4pm. Realized the air conditioner was not functioning in our room. Told the front desk which told us multiple times it would be a few more minutes. This went on for over an hour. Finally, after no concession for inconvenience was made, the manager (who obviously is their maintenance) had to literally switch out units in the room as we waited in the hallway. We were put out standing around for two hours for them to "remedy" the problem. I never got an apology for the inconvenience until I pointed out they never made one.
I called corporate customer service for them to tell me they would escalate the situation beyond the hotel since the hotel was not willing to make any kind of concession for our two hour inconvenience. The customer service reps were extremely helpful, the hotel staff, not so much.
While all this was happening another couple came down to say they walked in on another family in a room, frightening them, because they were given the room keys to an occupied room. This just added to my perception of the professionalism of the staff.
The only thing the hotel was willing to do was refund our money to send us somewhere else. So the only thing they could do, was make us go away. I find that highly morally reprehensible considering we were traveling with a child in a wheelchair.
My views of this chain, of which we are a frequent guest, have forever been altered thanks in part to the complete disregard this staff has had for my family and our time. Obviously neither are of importance to them.
I look forward to my future conversations with higher up representatives about this matter. If it fails to be rectified it is truly a poor showing of customer service in this country.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else where customers matter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

After making a reservation a week earlier through AAA and receiving not one, but two confirmations of our reservation on an internet special, we arrived at this hotel on a holiday weekend (Memorial Day) and were told that our reservation had been canceled. We were told that our credit card was declined. When I asked why we weren't contacted so we could correct the situation, if indeed there is a problem (we pay off our balance every month), we were told they did not have our phone number. The hotel said that they were given the reservation by Travelocity and that each time they attempted to call them, Travelocity hung up on them. (I ask you, how likely is that?) They offered to make a new reservation for $50 more than our special promotion price. We declined.

We were not a late arrival (it was 2:45 p.m. when we attempted to check in). There was no reason to deny us the room other than these possibilities:

1. We were only staying for one night. Could it be that they wanted to deny our stay for a customer who would be staying longer over the holiday weekend?

2. By canceling our reservation, the only way they could rebook it (according to them) was at the new price. How convenient!

I own a retail business and know that if you want to get and keep customers, you treat them as you would want to be treated OR BETTER. They took no responsibility for not contacting us and never offered the option that they would simply get another card from us when we checked in. They had no solutions other than "give us more money". We obviously declined their generous offer.

Any business that operates with that lack of integrity and has so little understanding of customer service is not an option for me. I have already contacted AAA and am filing a complaint with them as CI&S is one of their travel partners. The person at AAA that I contacted by phone to report this was appalled at the "unprofessionalism" of this site.

I would strongly recommend that you express your rejection of this business by not staying there as well. Who knows what they might want to do with your reservation if they could think of a way to jack up the price before you got there?

Enough said. I gave this a one rating because that is the lowest I could give.

To the manager: please do not write your comment and ask me to come back and correct my negative opinion. I was told by the person at the front desk that you said there was nothing you could do for us. You had your chance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn Suites Pensacola W? Share your experiences!