“Good food, cool place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 545 Restaurants in Pensacola
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Tupelo, MS
“Good food, cool place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Trip Advisor came through again in guiding us to this hole-in-the-wall eatery in Pensacola. The place isn't much to look at on the outside but boy does the inside feel different. White table cloths with butcher paper on top for the kiddies to draw on (and keep the table cloth clean too I'm sure) with jazz playing softly in the background and a cool, funky New Orleans decor made this place feel truly unique. Staff was friendly and helpful as well. Best crab cake I have EVER had, and it's not even close. Our 5 y/o couldn't stop eating his chicken and my wife and I both very much enjoyed our entree's, although pricey for lunch, but I did order mine off the dinner menu. Top notch place with excellent food and service, too bad I won't be back through that area for a couple of years. Trust the ratings and give this place a shot.

FYI, call ahead for dinner res., phone was ringing off the hook for evening spots while we were there for lunch.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A visit in May 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Fried green tomatoes are a must - the regular meals were decent but not fabulous. Make a meal from the appetizers instead!

Visited October 2012
Indiana
“Great food and great service...again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Almost a year ago today we were at Fisherman's Corner for the first time. The food was great as well as the service! Today, we walked in at 5:30 for our reservation and were seated immediately. Our server was Julie. She made us feel very welcome and proceeded to tell us about the specials of the day. We chose to order from the menu. For drinks, I ordered water and my wife a Sprite. When Julie returned with our drinks, I asked if the water was fresh squeezed. She immediately responded, "Yes, from the spring!" We found she has a great since of humor and I am one who appreciates that. Humor was part of the conversation but Julie was serious about her service. I showed her the review from last year that included mention of Amanda (she still works here and remembered my ketchup ordeal last year) and I told her I had to review this restaurant again because the food was fantastic and the service even better! Last year I stated we would try the bread pudding on our next visit. Julie strongly suggested it and she was spot on! My wife and I both agree it is the best we have ever had. We are coming to the Pensacola area a couple of times a year now and will definitely include the Fisherman's Corner in our plans!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Mobile, Alabama
“Rating change”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Made my third trip to Fisherman's Corner last week. They have obviously changed chefs. Food was very good and plentiful, but not near as good as I experienced in my previous trips. I've eaten at several restaurants with the same cuisine--good fish or steak served on "smashed" potatoes or rice. Nothing special. I had rated it the best restaurant between New Orleans and Jacksonville. Now, it's just one of the better local restaurants. Probably in my top 5 in the area, but no longer #1.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Fishermans Corner is a little cozy restaurant tucked away under the bridge heading toward Pensacola from Perdido Key. During our week-long stay on the Key, we visited Fishermans Corner 3 times, and never were we disappointed. This restaurant excels in everything: fish, meat, sandwiches and dessert! The owners are from New Orleans and a Cajun accent is incorporated into many of the dishes here as well as the Zydeco music playing in the background. All food is prepared on the premises and they have recently purchased the fish market next door and across the road which provides the restaurant with fresh fish daily.

I would say that grouper is their specialty here. The blackened grouper special on a bed of risotto was most excellent. But my absolute favorite was the grouper reuben sandwich. It was melt in your mouth delicious with an unusual melding of flavors. Add a side of sweet potato fries and you may feel that you have died and gone to heaven! Shrimp and grits is another excellent choice, prepared with my favorite gouda cheese.Get it spicy if you can stand the heat.

The Corner Special Burger served for lunch is as decadent as you can get. A 10 oz. Angus burger cooked to order and served with a fried egg and pastrami between two grilled cheese sandwiches! And if that's too much for you, then you can also build your own burger with several toppings to choose from. The meat always tastes fresh.

Fishermans Corner also does dessert very well. I had the New Orleans bread pudding with pecans and bourbon sauce. It was a lighter bread pudding and not too sweet. A very nice way to end the meal - it definitely was not a "stick to your ribs" heavy bread pudding.

The wait staff was efficient and friendly. If you don't have a reservation on a Friday or Saturday night, be prepared to wait. There was no wait for the lunch service.

• 5 of 5 stars Food