“Shrimp and grits” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 580 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Antigua, Guatemala
“Shrimp and grits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The best shrimp & grits I've ever put in my mouth, very large portion...the crab-cake appetizer was delicious as well. Restaurant was very clean, staff was polite & friendly, service was good - great place for casual fine dining, will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Blue Springs, Missouri
“A must try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I absolutely love a "Hole in the wall" that has both excellent food & service. The Corn & Shrimp Chowder was outstanding as was the Blackened Grouper 'Po Boy. Outstanding onion rings as well. The service was excellent and the Beer was cold, the only slight complaint we had was that the benches were a bit uncomfortable, reminded me of the church pews of my youth that I always assumed were intentionally designed to be uncomfortable! That being said I would return even if I had to sit in the pews, the experience was worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anniston, Alabama
“Seafood with a bit of Cajun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ate here, one nite, on our trip to Pensacola during the week of September 9-13. The fried shrimp is better than the grilled. Another customer, that was talking to us, said the shrimp and grits was excellent. I love shrimp and grits, but opted for fried shrimp and oysters combo. We had the best waitress. We told her this was our first time here and she was so knowledgeable about the menu that she would suggest whether to order something fried or grilled. We were not disappointed. You absolutely must try the New Orleans bread pudding....OMG. Would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pensacola, Florida
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch as it was convenient to our location. My boyfriend and I were both blown away by the quality of the dishes-all prepared freshly. We ordered the fried green tomatoes as an appetizer, and while I wasn't too keen on the idea of a seafood sauce on them, I fell in love. By far, these are the best FGT's we've ever had! I ordered the fish wrap, blackened, with french fries. It was large enough that I had to ask for a to-go box for the second half. The fries were amazing - simply cut potatoes lightly fried and topped with sea salt. My boyfriend got the oyster poboy with sweet potato fries and said his was fabulous. (I didn't try it because I don't like oysters and don't care much for sweet potatoes). The service was fantastic - our waitress didn't hover over us the whole meal like they tend to do in some places, and she also made sure we had everything we needed without being annoying. She was also very prompt when we asked for the bill. We will most definitely be back soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Birmingham, AL
“Could have been better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had heard about Fishermans Corner and had even tried to get in during a previous visit to Perdido. This time we made a reservation to insure getting in. I would have graded this restaurant at 4 or 5 stars had it not been for one issue. We ordered a bottle of white wine and reconfirmed the exact order with the waiter. Even with that, he brought the wrong bottle. He returned with the correct bottle and proceeded to pour the sample even though the wine had not been chilled. It took quite a while before the wine was drinkable. It may sound like we are wine snobs, but, when you are paying $40.00 for a bottle of wine, you would expect it to be chilled when it arrives and not have to wait for it to get cool in a bucket filled mostly with water and only a few cubes of ice. The food was very good. My wife had the stuffed grouper and I had the shrimp and grits. Both were excellent. Their treatment of shrimp and grits was a bit different than I have had at other places. The grits were formed into a ball and fried---unusual, but tasty.
We capped it of with an outstanding bread pudding. The atmosphere was like an old wooden fish camp, but kind of fun with indoor and outdoor seating.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beth B, Guest Relations Manager at Fishermans Corner, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Fisherman's Corner staff and the owners strive to the the very best restaurant in Perdido Key. We sincerely appreciate our customers and their candid reviews because it helps us target areas where we can improve. I am glad to hear that our food and atmosphere deserved high marks and apologize for the server's mishandling of your wine selection. We do hope that you will return and give us a chance to earn all five stars. Thank you.