“Under the bridge excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 590 Restaurants in Pensacola
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Doing business, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fisherman's Corner is not much to look at from the outside but the food is fabulous and created by our chefs using only fresh Gulf seafood and the highest quality ingredients. It is an old fish camp with white linens, a world class wine list, and friendly service. Daily Chef specials are a "must try" with great local flavor, live piano music on weekends, families welcome, and reservations recommended. Open and serving a special holiday menu on both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve! Make your reservations today!
Ada, Michigan
“Under the bridge excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The Fisherman's Corner is not easy to find - in the shadow of the Perdido Key Drive bridge - but it is well worth the search. Brent, the best waiter in the Florida panhandle, implored us to choose from the cajun-inpsired entrees. We did and were richly rewarded. Shrimp & Grits, Creole Linguini, Shrimp Diane and New Orleans BBQ Shrimp were outstanding. And don't forget the Cajun Macaroni and Cheese; we shared a couple of bowls family-style. For the hardy, Man vs. Food types, there is the "Git Dis!" Burger. Make reservations, preferably the day before, as we did the second time we went in a week.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We are on vacation in Navarre Beach, FL. My husband found a coupon on-line for this restaurant. It was about an hour away from our beach house but totally worth the drive! I am gluten-sensitive and my mother has celiac. The waitress was very good about explaining how food was prepared etc... We ordered the grilled Mahi Mahi and Shrimp along with zucchini/squash and "fries" which are huge homemade potato wedges. My husband ordered Fried Grouper and Shrimp with a side of their cajun Mac-N-Cheese which he loved! Waitress was very friendly and chef came out to ask if everything was ok. Wow, what a find!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Guaranteed a Great Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Don't let the exterior fool you because this place is cute inside: white tablecloth and napkins! Seating for about 30 (?) inside and another 30 outside where you can a nice view of the waterway in the distance. The waitress was very sweet and efficient giving us her recommendations based on popularity. So I chose the Creole linguini with crawfish and shrimp: the shrimp were cooked perfectly and just enough heat over that linguini to make a perfect meal. They have two desserts and, of course, we got them both: pecan bread pudding with bourbon sauce and fried cheesecake. Yes . . . fried cheesecake! Both desserts were delicious. If you are taking a trip to Pensacola or have a special occasion--this is a must-go dining experience!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Not Bad - Not Great, But I would give it a second try.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Five of us went there on the 31st of July. I have been to these types of places before; run down looking on the outside, parking lot filled to capacity with locals and out-of-towners is usually an indication of awesome food. We waited an hour to be seated because the place was full, which I assumed was a good indication of some great food. The seafood gumbo was just OK, and I was extremely disappointed because the owner professed to be of Cajun descent and he knew all about gumbo - I hate to say that it was out-of-the-can average. Do not get a seafood platter - the oysters were mushy, soft shelled crab was not good, the fish was far, far, far too peppery, macaroni cheese was cold and tastless, but the fried ocra was perfect; best in a long time. The blackend fish seemed to me that an entire can of Tony Cachere's seasoning had been spilled on it. The crawfish linguine was exceptionally outstanding. Spicy shrimp were very spicy and very, very nice. It would go back again to try out more on the menu (the etouffe was so popular that the restaurant ran out of it).

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pensacola, Florida
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A truly local restaurant with AWESOME food. I don't like bread pudding or dessert, but they brought a serving out to my wife because it was her birthday and I was HOOKED. Great gumbo, and well prepared and original fish dishes that I can't wait to try again.

Visited July 2012