“Some Good some Not so Good” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Pensacola
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Some Good some Not so Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two times in December. The first time I was in a very nice suite on the 3rd floor. While you would not mistake it for a J.W. compared to other similar type hotels everything was above average. My second stay was in a room on the 4th floor. The furniture in this room was in awful condition. The shower head sprayed almost as much water on the wall thru a leaking fitting as it did in the tub. There was a large area of moldy rotting wood at the base of the tub where the water from the leak has been spraying. The general cleanliness was ok, but stains and furniture as in the picture made me wince.

Room Tip: It is a coin flip between nice and horrible.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Hello DCSDon,
We thank you for choosing our property for both of your stays and would like to apologize for the condition of the furniture and bathroom in the room of your second stay. We have addressed the issues and we are working deligently to correct the upholstery in the rooms that need it. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, especially your comment about the cleanliness of the rooms. I would like to invite you to visit us again and also share with you we are scheduled for new furniture this year.
Johanna Allard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I spent a couple of nights here during Thanksgiving. We dealt with 5 different front desk employees...all of which were exceptionally nice, cheerful and helpful. It made our holiday hotel stay much nicer. Thank you!

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room across from a barking dog...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Trevorlinc,
We are glad you had a great time with your wife at our hotel and that you found the staff cheerful and friendly. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review and I would like to see you again in the future. Thanks for choosing us for your Holiday trip!!
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott and it was quite enjoyable. The room had everything that I needed including a kitchen with a nice refrigerator. Check-in was easy as was check-out. Marriott is a quality hotel chain, and this is an example of the kind of service and hospitality that I have received at all of the marriotts where i've stayed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

First let me say that I have stayed at two separate TownePlace Suites in Louisiana. This one did not measure up to what I have experienced before.
The first room that we checked into, the television didn't work. They did promptly move us to another room where everything was fine except for the sofa bed. There were springs broken and it appeared to have been well used.
In the morning, the breakfast was much more sparse than I have experienced in the other locations. Other TownePlace Suites offered hot oatmeal with options for additions. While they had oatmeal, it was instant. Other than that, there were muffins, cereal options and juice.
Would I return? Possibly. However, I would check out other options in the price range before deciding.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello Mark!
Thanks for staying with us and for your review. Let me apologize for the issues you encountered with the TV and the sofa bed. Thanks to your feedback I have addressed these issues with the hotel staff. The TownePlace Suites brand did not offer breakfast for many years and now we proudly offer our grab and go breakfast with the items you mentioned. Please know that some locations offer more than the requirements for our brand. I can also share with you that we will be enhancing the breakfast experience for all our guests next year. I hope you choose to return in the future and if that is the case, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks again for your tiem and feedback!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We arrived late in the evening, and we were greeted by a gentleman who held the door for us. Once inside, the Manager on Duty welcomed us by last name (probably because we were her last check in for the night). In any case, they showed enthusiasm for our mini vacation and we were checked in quickly. After getting our keys and getting a decent night's rest, what more can you ask for? We are very happy.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello! and thank you very much for staying with us and submitting this review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, especially the warm hospitality of the team members you encountered. As part of the Marriott family, we are committed to make every guest feel at home and to meet all their expectations. I know we will see you again during future trips to the area and we will be waiting to open our doors for you again. Thanks for choosing us!
Johanna Alard
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nice hotel not so far from the beach. The room was very clean and just the fact of having a Kitchen was nice. The breakfast was very simple, but good. The staff was always available to answer questions. The hotel was across the street from a Shopping Mall and there are many restaurants around the area too. We felt very safe. We are very satisfied!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor away from the elevator so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello!
We are very happy to know you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed our in room kitchen, grab and go breakfast, and the warm hospitality of our staff. The area around our hotel does offer a lot to do for shopping and dining. I am glad you experienced that as well. We hope to see you staying with us again in the future. Thanks a lot for this wonderful review and for choosing us!
anonymous
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I travel mostly for my buisness. I was staying at the Holiday Inn up the road from here and it stunk!! I told my boss my partner and I couldnt stay there for the amount of time we needed to and the company relocated us here. When we checked in Vinnie, and the two managers Johanna and Melanie were probably the most friendly people I have met. They took care of me so well!! They even upgraded me when my fiance and daughter came to visit for a week!! The rooms are immaculate. They told me th hotel was about 5 years old and you cant even tell becase the staff maintains it so well!!! Every day the housekeepers would do my dishes and restock my room with everything I needed. It felt like I was married but without the hassle of having to get a marraige license or pay for a wedding haha. I absolutely love this hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!! Overall it is in the top 5 hotels I have stayed at and is probably number 1.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service because its a smaller hotel, but they have a small section wh...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tpspensacola, Manager at TownePlace Suites Pensacola, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Jeremy,
Thank you very much for submitting this review for us. I am very glad the comfort of our rooms, the friendliness of our staff and all the great amenities of our TownePlace Suites have made you feel like home. It was a great pleasure to meet you and take care of your needs during your stay. Vinnie, Melanie and all the Housekeeping staff enjoyed taking care of you and your family as much as you enjoyed your stay. I know you will come back to see us in the future and we will be waiting to serve you even better next time. Once again thank you for this great feedback!
Johanna Allard

Been to TownePlace Suites Pensacola? Share your experiences!